• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Resisting the Kage-Kage No Mi

So, I get that characters with strong willpower can resist the negative effects of absorbing shadows stolen by the Kage-Kage Fruit, but what I want to know is how exactly characters get picked to have those resistances. Because from what I've seen on the pages I've lookef at it seems to just be everyone who scales above the Thriller Bark power meta who has it. Can someone help me understand?

Also I am an anime only who is avoiding spoilers for Wano past where the anime is, please kindly avoid saying anything about late Wano if you can, thanks

Haoshoku scale via the strength of the user's spirit/willpower. So mainly anyone who's shown to have resisted the shadows directly, is a stronger Haoshoku user than thriller bark Luffy or can resist Haoshoku from users stronger than Luffy get it.

Haoshoku scale via the strength of the user's spirit/willpower. So mainly anyone who's shown to have resisted the shadows directly, is a stronger Haoshoku user than thriller bark Luffy or can resist Haoshoku from users stronger than Luffy get it.
That actually clears a lot up, thanks.

Another question I just thought of. If we scale them off of being better Conqueror's users than Thriller Bark Luffy, then wouldn't that mean that everyone with even rudimentary Conqueror's would have them? Because Luffy didn't start showing rudimentary use of it until the Marineford Saga

The initial and intermediate tiers don't really scale via the power of one's willpower.

With training a Haoshoku user can control when they use it and select who is effected but it isnt dependent on power.

Not everyone with rudimentary would be at the stage of willpower as Luffy because Haoshoku isn't really unlocked by the potency of what your willpower is at but rather with something like distress:

For example a ten year old Ace or an 8 year old Yamato unlocked their Haoshoku far earlier than Luffy but wouldn't have greater willpower than him. Another case would be Zoro who unlocked it at 21 but his first usage is Haoshoku Infusion which only the strongest Haoshoku users can do.

The initial and intermediate tiers don't really scale via the power of one's willpower.

With training a Haoshoku user can control when they use it and select who is effected but it isnt dependent on power.

Not everyone with rudimentary would be at the stage of willpower as Luffy because Haoshoku isn't really unlocked by the potency of what your willpower is at but rather with something like distress:

For example a ten year old Ace or an 8 year old Yamato unlocked their Haoshoku far earlier than Luffy but wouldn't have greater willpower than him. Another case would be Zoro who unlocked it at 21 but his first usage is Haoshoku Infusion which only the strongest Haoshoku users can do.
Alright, I'm starting to get the picture a bit better. It's still a little confusing how Bentham and the younger Boa sisters have the resistances then considering they resisted Luffy's rudimentary Conqueror's.

And what I meant by him not showing rudimentary Conqueror's until the Marineford Saga had less to do with age and more to do with the idea that they're scaling the Haki off of a character that didn't have it yet. But I'm now realizing that since Conqueror's Haki and resisting the shadows both use willpower as a base they're basically saying that any Conqueror's user that's at the right level has a stronger will than that Luffy.

It's still a little confusing how Bentham and the younger Boa sisters have the resistances then considering they resisted Luffy's rudimentary Conqueror's
They get it for resisting Luffy's Haoshoku.
And what I meant by him not showing rudimentary Conqueror's until the Marineford Saga had less to do with age and more to do with the idea that they're scaling the Haki off of a character that didn't have it yet.
Awakening doesn't really depend on the amount of willpower the user has.
But I'm now realizing that since Conqueror's Haki and resisting the shadows both use willpower as a base they're basically saying that any Conqueror's user that's at the right level has a stronger will than that Luffy.
Pretty much.

Back