• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Kratos (2018) resistances

Out of curiosity why aren't Kratos s resistanfes he achived naturally from his greek counterpart counted for his norse counterpart.

Stuff he achived without equipment like his resistance to sleep manipulation, time manipulation and mental manipulation.

Also why doesn't Kratos have cold/ice resistance since he can walk through helheim which is so cold that fire can not exist there according to Freya.

That's a pretty good question about the resistances. Unless there's a valid reason, it seems weird to not add his resistances from the time of his Greek days to his current Norse time.

About that, I was thinking that could be due to him having his blades on him at all times which has a fire that's not of that world. Then again it's not always lit up unless he wields them or want them to, so I could see him having that as well. Heck I recall Atreus not having them on his person yet he can also walk through the cold of Helheim just fine...I think.

On the main topic here, I (again) wonder the same too about the resistances not being on his Norse page.

Bump again, Also shouldn't Kratos has resistance to madness manipulation at least. Since Gondul canonically drove people insane with her beauty and Kratos is unaffected by this?

Type 3 Madness Manip resist from the sounds of it.

I went and asked an admin whose listed on the supporters list of GoW. Hopefully to see if they can help answer the issue here.

None for now.

But i agree that Kratos should get all the Resistance that he had show in the previous games, as well as all the other abilities/powers that had display himself (and not from magic or weapons that he only used in the past).

Last edited:
I actually do want to bring up something that was recently confirmed. Kratos no longer has the soul of Hades, so most powers wouldn't scale sadly, although he could keep Resistances for now I guess.

I actually do want to bring up something that was recently confirmed. Kratos no longer has the soul of Hades, so most powers wouldn't scale sadly, although he could keep Resistances for now I guess.
At most only resistances that the Soul of Hades grant wouldn't scale, the same any other resistances from magic/equipment/weapons that Kratos no longer had.

Everything else would be valid, assuming old Kratos is still comparable to his previous incarnations.

Last edited:
Speaking about scaling, shouldn't Norse Kratos just directly scale to Greek Kratos (specifically GoW3 Kratos)?

We already assuming that Norse Kratos has comparable speed to Greek Kratos, but for some reason we don't scale his AP.

Pretty sure it was conferm that he hasn't trully grew weaker after GoW3.

So just like with the Resistances, i don't see reason not to scale him to his previous version, of course minus the Power of Hope.

IDK why the guy never got around to check up Krato's resistances. Either they got busy, forgot, or just didn't care anymore.

Aside that, I would think that unless they were resistances done through other means like special items or something else like having Hade's soul, whatever resistances he has that's natural to him (meaning, without said stuff being used to resist for him) should scale to his Norse self. If whatever reason his norse self is THAT different to not even have the stuff he had when he was in Greece, then someone should have already brought it up now if they know the games.

Yeah... that’s not scaling to his god of war 3 key. His demigod self is his god of war 1 ascension and chains of olympus key. Since he became a full blown god In 2.
plus the valkyries themselves have an As far as I know accepted speed feat similer to Hermes.

where they also travel across large realms to retrieve the souls of the dead.

Edit: also “So we do scale Greek gods to Norse gods, yet Norse gods don't scale to Greek gods, it really make little sense.”

it does make sense in the sense
greek gods are comparable to a Kratos vs battle scales higher to the Kratos Norse gods scale too.

Yeah... that’s not scaling to his god of war 3 key. His demigod self is his god of war 1 ascension and chains of olympus key.
But neither Kratos from Ascension or Chains of Olympus are Massively FTL+, only GoW1 after absorbing the power of Pandora's Box.

And that version is also At least 3-A likely Low 2-C, so even if Norse Kratos scale only that version of Kratos, he would had to both as fast and as strong.

Unless you're talking about GoW1 Kratos before using Pandora's Box, in that case he don't have Massively FTL+ speed.

where they also travel across large realms to retrieve the souls of the dead.
Yet it wasn't used as the principal justification.

it does make sense in the sense
greek gods are comparable to a Kratos vs battle scales higher to the Kratos Norse gods scale too.
There is nothing that indicate that Norse Kratos is drastically weaker than Greek Kratos (without Power of Hope, of course).

If anything Norse Kratos for most of the game had be show to hold back so to don't lose control.

Last edited:
You know If you want to scale Kratos (norse) to Kratos (greek) Then make a CRT when the current god of war one is close. I’m not gonna debate this on something that was just a question on resistances.

Back