• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psychic RPG Duel: Mewtwo vs. Noir (Haru Okumura)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arceus0x said:
mewtwo should start with a blas of psychic energy i think
though im not sure about shadow mewtwo. anyways what's their ap and what does noir start with?

New two might start with Shadow Ball, though since this versions of Mewtwo is from a fighting game it might start with standard melee attacks.

Can you say say what a video game character, let alone an rpg character would start with? Maybe Haru would start with Psykokinesis or her ax

SuperKamiNappa said:
New two might start with Shadow Ball, though since this versions of Mewtwo is from a fighting game it might start with standard melee attacks.
Can you say say what a video game character, let alone an rpg character would start with? Maybe Haru would start with Psykokinesis or her ax
i want to figure out who has higher ap first.

I'm not sure what their AP values are, they both get them from similar pocket reality feats but it doesn't look like either of them are calced. Is there a standard Calc for this kind of thing?

Either way I think Haru has the AP advantage, especially if this is her in any palace after her father's.

Mammon (Performer of relevant feat) >> Greed palace Thieves >> Leviathan >> Pride Palace Thieves => Samael

SuperKamiNappa said:
I'm not sure what their AP values are, they both get them from similar pocket reality feats but it doesn't look like either of them are calced. Is there a standard Calc for this kind of thing?
Either way I think Haru has the AP advantage, especially if this is her in any palace after her father's.
just thinking won't get us nowhere, not to mention that this is mega shadow mewtwo while the feat was performed in base shadow mewtwo form. Anyways even if she does have superior ap mewtwo could always just stat swap. I think he could arguably bfr her or turn her to stone and i see no way of dodging for her. He could teleport her into outer space and leave her to die. The duo share quite a few powers btw, they are somewhat similar. But well it doesn't matter. Both of their attacks could cause heavy damage to each other though as they both posess attacks that they have no resistance though. Through what i have read everything haru has so does mewtwo. It is a question on who is more likely to emerge victorious. I'd say, however, that mewtwo heavily outranges her as he has interstellar to low multiversal range which would definetly be a win-con for him. Even if Haru somehow manages to kill him he still has passive resurection which would bring him back to normal. He could slam through her resistence to psychic attacks using miracle eye and it would aslo help with it's limited casuality manip.

Overall i think mewtwo has way more win conditions than Haru and thus i would like to vote for him.

Okay, but Haru's attack are thought-based, her sheer AP would easily overwhelm him. Haru resists her own element too, all Persona users resist their own affinity. Given the fact that Haru and Persona can act independently of each other, this essentially makes it a 2 v 1, with one of Mewtwo's opponents being an AE Type 1. Just like Mewtwo can negate her resistance, Haru can easily do the same.

Quite honestly, I don't see why Haru simply can't beat Mewtwo into submission via her physical abilities, or magic. If he attempts to attack her physically Tetrakarn negates that, and with the new Persona revisions, all of the Phantom Thieves will resist BFR. If Mewtwo resurrects, Haru can simply knock him down/kill again, and her stamina seems to be far superior, being explicitly stated to fight for hours against people comparable to her. She can fully heal herself if she comes into a stressful situation too, making any significant damage he even tries to get off pointless.

Also, uhm, while strange, Haru is a ******. Her beating him into an inch of his life after either heavily damaging him/killing him first is definitely in character. Voting Haru, 6.5/10.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Okay, but Haru's attack are thought-based, her sheer AP would easily overwhelm him. Haru resists her own element too, all Persona users resist their own affinity. Given the fact that Haru and Persona can act independently of each other, this essentially makes it a 2 v 1, with one of Mewtwo's opponents being an AE Type 1. Just like Mewtwo can negate her resistance, Haru can easily do the same.
Quite honestly, I don't see why Haru simply can't beat Mewtwo into submission via her physical abilities, or magic. If he attempts to attack her physically Tetrakarn negates that, and with the new Persona revisions, all of the Phantom Thieves will resist BFR. If Mewtwo resurrects, Haru can simply knock him down/kill again, and her stamina seems to be far superior, being explicitly stated to fight for hours against people comparable to her. She can fully heal herself if she comes into a stressful situation too, making any significant damage he even tries to get off pointless.

Also, uhm, while strange, Haru is a ******. Her beating him into an inch of his life after either heavily damaging him/killing him first is definitely in character. Voting Haru, 6.5/10.
of course you would vote for her. mewtwo can simply stat swap their defenses or ap so the ap gap is not much of a problem at some points. There is not a single hax that haru has that haru does not except for her empathic manipulation. Yes, her attacks are psychic, but mewtwo's attacks are psychic as well so both hit instantly.

You also state that she could leave him on an inch of his life, but that would mean that mewtwo could still use an attack on her and hax her. Precognition would also tell him what should he expect and damage reflection could easily do what it needs to.

But considering that neither has a clear starting move i would arguably go with the inconclusive option as it is unknown what move would they use. Mewtwo has constant regen and resurrection and Haru has higher ap. It is unknown who would use what.

And alas there is one more thing to adress. Mewtwo has memory manipulation and Haru doesn't resist it. Basically he only needs to wipe out her memories and it's gg. However it is not known wether he would use it first or what would Haru use.

I could go for an inconclusive.

I'm not sure why you're surprised I'm voting for her, I'm a Persona supporter.

Again, Mewtwo can do all of this, but it isn't thought-based. Haru's abilities, are. They have similar primary forms of attack, so? Both resist mind manipulation, however iirc Haru's mindhax is 4-A in potency, being able to effect Shido, who should already resist mind manipulation. So you have a Haru with a mindhax, and AP advantage. Just because it's psychic=/=instant, Haru's (along with other Persona's characters) are confirmed to be instant. Also to note, Haru's mindhax also effects the soul, and as far as I can tell Mewtwo has no resistance to that.

Haru beating Mewtwo into an inch of his life, I mean submission. As in he physically cannot fight, whether it be her chopping his arms and legs off while keeping him alive, etc. Precognition is via a move, something Haru definitely will give him absolutely no time to do. I'm not sure why damage reflection does anything, Haru has the same with both physical and magic attacks, and can use Guard, which canonically reduces damage by 50%. Not like it mattered, Haru is a stonewall compared to him.

Haru has a starting move, it's literally her affinity, where'd you get that from? Haru can simply incap him with her mindhax that attacks the soul.

Haru resists mindhax of her own level, and memory manipulation is a sub-set of mindhax. Haru resists, and pummels him.

@Milky few things

1) Haru's Psy break is irrelevant because Mega Mewtwo X doesn't resist Psychic attacks in the first place. Being Psychic/Fighting type kinda cancels that out.

2) At the moment this is Pride Palace Haru with her Ultimate Persona. So she doesn't resist psychic she negates it. However that doesn't really help that much because Mewtwo has miracle eye which negates that specific immunity

3) As for healing I think that only apply if she has medicine. Is that even allowed?

4)What's this about her fighting for hours? Are we sure this isn't just because of coffee/curry?

SuperKamiNappa said:
@Milky few things
1) Haru's Psy break is irrelevant because Mega Mewtwo X doesn't resist Psychic attacks in the first place. Being Psychic/Fighting type kinda cancels that out.

2) At the moment this is Pride Palace Haru with her Ultimate Persona. So she doesn't resist psychic she negates it. However that doesn't really help that much because Mewtwo has miracle eye which negates that specific immunity

3) As for healing I think that only apply if she has medicine. Is that even allowed?

4)What's this about her fighting for hours? Are we sure this isn't just because of coffee/curry?
1. That's cool, Haru has her Gun skills.

2. That's fine again, but is it thought-based?

3. No... she has her own healing moves on her Persona.

4. No.

Milly, you gotta stop using PQ stuff before the CRT is made.

With the current justifications, Noir's resistance to mindhax doesn't scale to the same level as Mewtwo, at least in terms of number of targets affected. Granted, she resists direct damage to her mind, which should be considered a higher-end of potency for mindhax, but whatever. With the current standards, Mewtwo stomps as soon as he uses Miracle Eye.

How aren't they fast enough? Persona-users using their skills are thought-based, activating them is the same. But they're hardly instant upon activation. Her bullets still have travel time.

That's what I meant. Gun skills activate by thought, but the bullets still have travel time. No Persona skills are instant except for buffs and heals. There's no reason to assume Mewtwo's attacks are so significantly slower than Haru's, especially with speed equal.

In Persona 3, Junpei awakens his new Persona at Chidori's death, summons it, and an Agi spell instantly materializes on Jin's chest and knocks him down.

An inexperienced Yukari summons Garu right under a Shadow in Persona 3: The Movie. I'm certain that they have no travel time.

There's no need for proof. Psychic attacks are thought-based by default, since psychic powers are mind-based.

Solacis said:
There's no need for proof. Psychic attacks are thought-based by default, since psychic powers are mind-based.
well not all. Though the only ones i can recall being non-thought based are psystrike, psybeam and psycho cut but that's pretty much it.

Alright, so Mewtwo can definitely deal with her immunity. However, the moment he does that, Haru can attack with her Gun or Psychokinetic skills, which are passively amped via Psy Amp/Boost, and Gun Amp/Boost. So yeah, I still say Haru beats him into submission or mindhaxes.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Alright, so Mewtwo can definitely deal with her immunity. However, the moment he does that, Haru can attack with her Gun or Psychokinetic skills, which are passively amped via Psy Amp/Boost, and Gun Amp/Boost. So yeah, I still say Haru beats him into submission or mindhaxes.
mewtwo can't be beaten into submission as he has regen unless she somehow kills him

mewtwo resists any mindhax

Schnee One said:
Regen to prevent submission is Mid, not Low Mid
despite that he passively resurrected himself after getting terminated by the scientists who made him.

It really matters not here, however, as the whole fight would depend on the first move.

Either mewtwo memory wipes or haru uses a psychic attack and defeats him. Even so mewtwo can resurrect passively and use some other hax to kill her. Both can instantly attack which pretty much means it's unknown who would win. I might switch to inconclusive.

<Passively terminated

That makes literally no sense.

Mewtwo doesn't memory wipe at the Start in this form, he uses TK which Haru can survive, so she can just Hax him and hit his soul since Mewtwo has literally zero resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back