• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype general discussion

Tokyo ghoul doesn't have much new for him though and he could already solo the verse if not for the speed gap, that he can close by eating a few ghouls.... Ill check out dead man wonderland, are any of the powers of asuras wrath based in biology?

The pen or the sword said:
He'd be screwed hard!

edit from what little I know of the series they have crazy feats and mercer has no way to grow stronger there.
Preaty much

Also have you seen the vidoe made by whitelight on his ideas for p3 if you didn't go chexk it out

TheEndIsNear45 said:
He could fit in Deadman Wonderland or Tokyo Ghoul.
Though, I doubt he will make it in Asura's Wrath though.
Please don't place him in Asura's Wrath.

Asura would instantly kill him and speed blitz him before the latter could even think about trying to devour a demigod.

Sorry, just saying because I have seen some people making posts on other sites about will Mercer survive in the Asura Wrath verse and whatnot.

TheEndIsNear45 said:
Sorry, just saying because I have seen some people making posts on other sites about will Mercer survive in the Asura Wrath verse and whatnot.
No, he wouldn't. That's just Prototype wanking.

As much as I love Mercer, he's dead.

Hey mercer might survive if he hides under a rock and doesn't move :p In a world with powers not based on genetics he's pretty useless,
Not just genetics, it is also power and speed gap.

Well yeah, but if there abilities were based on actual genetics theres a chance mercer could actually do something about the power gap by being opprotunistic and stealing dna when the chance presents itself.

In a world not based on genetics theres no avenue of growth for mercer which excludes an interesting story.

Well yeah, but if there abilities were based on actual genetics theres a chance mercer could actually do something about the power gap by being opprotunistic and stealing dna when the chance presents itself.

In a world not based on genetics theres no avenue of growth for mercer which excludes an interesting story.
Making him even more OP would make it less interesting imo.

I disagree the whole reason to use mercer in a story is for his ablity to evolve and grow. Mercers an interesting character due to his morally grey character and his ablity to grow stronger.

there are two types of stories that I can't stand in prototype, those that don't use mercer but some oc. And those that fail to use mercers powers to there fullest.

Is it bad I kinda like James Heller more than the latter? He shows a bit more emotion than Mercer at times to me. Prototype 2 is my first game.

I hate heller, hes the most generic reluctant hero Ive ever seen. Hes the qiuntisetial good guy and its aweful to me.

They tried to make a creature that eats peope relatable. He never aknowledges hes a monster, that he has eaten peoples family, the fact that every life he stole deprived someone else of there father, brother, freind, and family.

At least with mercer it was clear from the start he was a monster, that while he could see the memories of others he couldn't empathize with them the way a human can. Heller has a full range of human emotions and the ablity to empathisze, yet the only time he doesn't kill someone is due to that person talking on the phone with their daughter.

But wait heller? What about all the other people youve killed? What about there families? You take there memories so you obvoisly know they had freinds, and family. Wheres their mercy? Wheres you remorse for them?

Edit if by more emotion you mean screaming like a moron than your correct he does have more emotion than mercer.

That may have come across as overly hostile which was not my intent I simply hate heller for a multitude of reasons, the main being he is a good guy. I hate stories where against logic and reason the (Good) Guy wins.

Its why I loved prototype 1 no one was good or evil, your all just a dark messed shade of grey. The military was trying to preserved the world. Elizabeth was a broken mind searching for her baby and spreading her plauge. Mercer just wanted answers and would kill anything that got in his way to obtain them

That may have come across as overly hostile which was not my intent I simply hate heller for a multitude of reasons, the main being he is a good guy. I hate stories where against logic and reason the (Good) Guy wins.
Its why I loved prototype 1 no one was good or evil, your all just a dark messed shade of grey. The military was trying to preserved the world. Elizabeth was a broken mind searching for her baby and spreading her plauge. Mercer just wanted answers and would kill anything that got in his way to obtain them
Heller never sees himself as a good guy.

I don't see him as a good guy. I actually relate to him to him more than Alex and underatand why he is so angry. Prototype 2 has more humor than the first one. I get the dark tone, but too much gritty stuff can dull the experience for me.

Mercer was first, so of course people would like him more.

I like both characters, but Alex can be overrated at times. Can't really he is a very original character in terms of arcetype and trope.

But he is, he's gotta get his daughter back. he's liam neeson, a man who wants to put an end to the chaos and save his daughter. He only cares about getting his duaghter back and your supposed to feel for the screaming idiot. I can't,

You didn't aknowledge the massive plot hole of him sparing some random guy who also had a daughter. Even though I garentee others he's consumed had daughters, wives, brother, friends, and family. Why did that guy get spared? Why was he special?

Heller is an anti-hero, not a full fledged hero.

I dunno, though people would do selfish things to save someone they love. Then again, Prototype isn't the most well-written story.

There is no good guys or bad guys. But at least Heller is fighting for something. Mercer, I don't feel like he is fighting for anything. I can't relate to a dude that kills anything that gets in his way.

but it is my opinion. :eek:

Fair enough (No one would claim prototype had a well written story :p)

I just enjoy how inhuman mercer is, its rare that we get to see a creature so divorced from human norms and empathy. I guess thats one of my biggest problems heller is human....

Fair enough (No one would claim prototype had a well written story :p)

I just enjoy how inhuman mercer is, its rare that we get to see a creature so divorced from human norms and empathy. I guess thats one of my biggest problems heller is human....
Which I like....I prefer characters that have some sort of redeeming qualities. While Mercer is a cool guy, he is too unlikable for my tastes and his story is a bit too gritty.

At least Kratos shows some humanity in GOW 4 and character development, not derailment.

And reading over coles profile mercer has no way to win. cole has the hax to bypass mercers regen and hes liable to resist all mercers powers, as he resist bio/disease manip and absorbtion.

And reading over coles profile mercer has no way to win. cole has the hax to bypass mercers regen
Does he though?

Beast Cole does yes, not sure his others do

Bio leech? And all his keys have the resistances to mercers abilities, at best it would be a incon/stomp in mercers favor if coles bioleech doesn't work as cole has no way past mercers regen without it (Excluding beast cole)

Bio-Leech works via draining bio-electricity from the target's body (such as the electric signals/impulses from the target's brain). That's not something difficult for Mid and over Regenerationn to deal with (let alone Mid-High). That still doesn't change the fact that Mercer basically has no win condition outside of possibly his Disease Manipulation though.

So derail question are there any notable spies in familar of zero? I heard tabitha was one but she wont really work for what I need...
Well, we have Fouquet and Wardes, both of who are members (therefore, technically spies) of Reconquista.

Oh shit, I remember seeing you and your other fic now, the Blacklight devourer of zero (hated the ending btw).

So, are you planning on remaking that one or making a new one?

I don't plan on redoing it as I feel thats how it would go with p2 mercer (short of the poor writing :p) and p1 mercer would still kill louise and run before he allows her to control him. The foz world doesn't really offer mercer much to work with evoloution wise and short of void magic I havent heard of anything that would really challange mercer.

Mini rant about characters and writing ahead :p

Mercer is a far harder character to write than Ainz is, even if there is a good reason for ainz to kill someone he has reasons not, like making use of them later, gathering infromation, and manipulating them.

Mercer on the other hand will kill someone without hesitation and its never the wrong choice in just about any scenario. If he needs to use someone later he wears there face or has one of his evolved do it, he has no reason to spare anyone who could even mildly inconvenience him (especially after he starts making evolved). He wont kill for no reason but just about any reason is good enough.

Than theres the problem of getting mercer to do something. He as a character can remain in hiding indefinitly, he has no reason to interact with the greater world unless he has a plan to help it.

BE SATISFIED WITH THE FOZ/OVERLORD CROSSOVER :p

Joking aside Ill keep it in mind, I just feel the enviroment doesn't allow for a good in character mercer story.

If your familar with FOZ do you know of any spies besides tabitha, wardes, and foquet? Perferablly one loyal to the tristian nobility?

Back