• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype general discussion

Ahh Im glad to hear it! Can you link it? Id love to not have to sit through the show to get a grasp on some of the cannon points. Ive tried to watch the show but it just doesn't interest me on the whole saito's a wuss and louise is a brat, couldn't hold my attention.

Link

If you scroll down to GrumpyGrue's review, he has basically gotten all the main/important events of the FoZ canon down in his rant.

You can search up the FoZ wikia for the FoZ characters and their quotes (or even the the societies of the countries in Halkeginia) to get a some better understanding of the FoZ characters and Halkeginia's lore if you want.

While Louise is admittedly bratty and incompetent as GrumpyGrue says she is, I hope Ainz's presence (and his interactions with her) would change her for the better via character development, since she is his summoner and all. Because, you know, Butterfly/Domino effect and all that.

So question death, are there any demihumans in familar of zero? Like orcs or goblins? The fantasy lite setting of familar of zero is interesting but Im wondering if the only three sentient species were humans, dragons, and elfs.

The pen or the sword said:
So question death, are there any demihumans in familar of zero? Like orcs or goblins? The fantasy lite setting of familar of zero is interesting but Im wondering if the only three sentient species were humans, dragons, and elfs.
Well, I haven't found orcs or other demihumans. However, spirits and vampires (there are also ghouls, which are beings that are formed when vampires chooses to convert those they have drank blood from into such), which exists in the FoZ-verse. From Tabitha's Adventure volume, I think it did say that other monsters outside of vampires exists somewhere, but I don't which ones specifically. You can implement the designs of Demihumans (like Orcs and Goblins) into Halkeginia in your story if you want.

Apparently, Vampires are supposed to be a force of nature that is to be feared (alongside Elves), and are beings that have the ability to use Firstborn/Spirit magic (and are so adept at it that only Elves are better than them in at it). Ghouls apparently powerful enough in combat to be able to destroy a small town, and Vampires are possibly on-par (if not superior) to that.

Link

Scroll down to find information about vampires in that link.

Edit: The vampire Tabitha hunted down also isn't that old (over 30 years old or something), so I don't think that vampire represents the pinnacle of vampiric power in FoZ. It is a common fiction trope for vampires to be stronger the older they get after all.

@The pen or the sword Oh your making one nice, I kinda will always have a grudge with FoZ. The final third of the books including the anime (watched the first season then I read it from that point on then came back to watch it when I was done) it was complete dumpster fire, it made me so angry. Rip author I wish I could've read what you actually would've wrote.

Huesito88 said:
@The pen or the sword Oh your making one nice, I kinda will always have a grudge with FoZ. The final third of the books including the anime (read it before watching it) it was complete dumpster fire, it made me so angry. Rip author I wish I could've read what you actually would've wrote.
So, you've read all the FoZ novels (or at least familiar with it)?

Also, what makes the final thirds of the books horrible to you?

hmmm...Vampires could work I suppose but Ill have to push them off for later....I was really hoping there was some less powerful demihumans I could use but alas...Wait vampires.....They'll be perfect thank you!

I read it and while it gives me a semi decent grasp of the political, econmical state of the country along with a chronilogical time line ill still need to read some more of the wiki to fully grasp some of the finer details of course.

Hmmm how do you think people would react to me adding a group of orcs/goblins to foz? Definitly not a nesccity to my story but what would you think of them being added? Though looking it over the winged people could work as well....

Looking at first born magic it seems like itd be even less useful against ainz than brimir magic....

Awesome.

Nice. I'm glad you're getting a bit of a better grasp on the Halkeginia lore and society now.

Well, since there was implied to be other monsters in Halkeginia outside of vampires, I think your readers would be fine with it. Just as long as you specify that orcs/goblin (and other Demihumans) are something you've just added to the Halkeginia in your story at the author notes somewhere.

Yeah XD. However, keep in mind that Firstborn Magic is basically the only type of wand-less magic in FoZ, so some human mages might mistake Ainz for using Firstborn Magic if he casts spells without a wand.

Let the derail continue!

Derail tour, started off with me mentioning a prototype fanfiction I wrote due to someone mentioning mercer fitting into cuthulu feel free to check it out in the thread above! Should be one of the longest post :p

Than after discussing the verses mercer would fit into death found my foz/overlord crossover which lead to the above post talking about familar of zero and now you arrive! Where shall you help us take this train of derails?!

To discuss something that was discussed in the versus thread: Alex Mercer x Lucy LOL

Migue79 said:
To discuss something that was discussed in the versus thread: Alex Mercer x Lucy LOL
XD

Yeah, Pen doesn't get the pairing either, so you need to explain to him why that ship exists and how it could work between them.

I hate it, I wont lie I have trouble seeing alex with just about anyone (even the comics don't make sense in that regard) Hes a virus wearing the face of a dead man. He has a massive chip on his soldier against all humanity, even in the first game he only really cared about his sister.

I cant conceive of a story where mercer learns of lucy's powers and doesn't hunt her down and consume her. Unlike the versus thread he's liable to hunt her down in disguise and jam his hand through her back before she knows whats going on.

Well, firstly. The ship is between Prototype 1 Alex Mercer and Lucy because... you know, **** Prototype 2 Alex.

They were both monsters, mutants that were isolated from society. They're both anti-heroes, both have similar pasts, etc.

The reason why I think they would get along has to do with their potential chemistry: Alex's laid back and patient personality would mix well with Lucy's kind and caring personality (she barely shows this to anyone for obvious reasons, though). So, yeah.

I tried my hardest.

Yeah but mercer is also cold hearted and ruthless within the first game. He ruthlessly hunts down and kills everyone with info about his past life. He murders karen in an elvator for betraying him.

Alex also isn't a mutant, heck he's not even human. Hes a sentient virus thats pretending to be human. Unlike lucy he doesn't have a split personality he has the voices and memories of all those he consumed in his head.

Despite adding more to the cacophony of memories in his head he never stops. In the first game he didn't stop after that first blackwatch soldier. He went on to kill at minimum (kills purely required to flesh out the web of intruige and military commanders to progress the story) 115 people.

Mercer doesn't get the excuse soldiers do, he cant distance himself from the people he consumes. Any human not suffering from socipathy would be driven mad by the knowledge of all the people there killing hurts.

Mercer gets to understand the pain he causes other in excrucianting detail. He knows every wife, every son, every brother that will miss the person he has killed...He just doesn't really care, to him its a means to an end. His conversion to villian was aweful for a multitude of reasons but mostly because he was far more liable to stop caring about humanity all together after the first game...

But didn't he take a more pro-humanity stance at the end of Prototype 1?

Yeah, Mercer isn't very compatible with romance unless he undergoes a massive character development where he learns how to be human (metaphorically speaking of course) from scratch. Of course, this is unlikely as Mercer is literally just a virus inhabiting the corpse of his dead human creator, and he himself knows that (it's probably a big blow to his opinion/self-esteem as a lover or husband).

I haven't played Prototype since I left my PS3 back at my grandparent's home (5 years since then). So, I can't really argue anything with the plot. Goddamn. I'll buy it on my PC and replay it and see if the ship would actually work.

Well enjoy prototype is an excellent game for making you feel like a god of absolute destruction! Though don't forget to hunt down karen parker!

Migue79 said:
I haven't played Prototype since I left my PS3 back at my grandparent's home (5 years since then). So, I can't really argue anything with the plot. Goddamn. I'll buy it on my PC and replay it and see if the ship would actually work.
The burdens of matchmaking... :p

Anyways, kudos to you for that.

Way I see it a good way to Romance Alex Mercer would be with Cole. I mean they already had the whole matchmaking rivalry and the fact that they ended up in a fanservice contest before : P

In truth, anyone who can maybe equate his cynical views on humanity or someone who could redeem him would be the choices. But that's kinda hard to pull off or present. It can definitely happen though. But to me Lucy is probably a good contender.

Karen is a biatch no matter what

Ciruno Fortes said:
Way I see it a good way to Romance Alex Mercer would be with Cole. I mean they already had the whole matchmaking rivalry and the fact that they ended up in a fanservice contest before : P

In truth, anyone who can maybe equate his cynical views on humanity or someone who could redeem him would be the choices. But that's kinda hard to pull off or present. It can definitely happen though. But to me Lucy is probably a good contender.

Karen is a biatch no matter what </div>

Oh, God. ColexAlex. I wonder who would be big spoon and who would be small spoon.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Let's not bring fanon Yaoi into this, or else we also get Desmond (from Assassin's Creed) x Alex Mercer as well. XD

Also, by that logic, Alex Mercer and Lucy is also a good competition, since there are so many fanarts and fanservice from them. :p

Your asking the wrong questions my children. The real question is when does the tentacle hentai start....IM SORRY
Tentacle hentai is already a thing in Prototype. The thousands of people inside Mercer's mind, right before they died from his tentacles, can speak for such. OvO

Your asking the wrong questions my children. The real question is when does the tentacle hentai start....IM SORRY
YO, IM NOT BULLSHITTING YOU WHEN I SAY THIS, BUT I HAVE A TENTACLE ECCHI PIC OF ALEX AND LUCY IN MY PHONE LOOLOLOLOL

Ciruno Fortes said:
@DeathNoodles

But it's a must! Look at Goldleaf's pics!

And yeah I remember finding a user on deviantart who made a lot of cute comedic pics on em.

@Pen

Pen you are a monster. Alex Mercer will be proud of you and so am I.

https://www.deviantart.com/epicracharaptor/art/Scaredy-Cats-542585784

Found it! Like holy they have a lot of pairing fanart
EpicRacharaptor! I love her fan art! She used to have more lewd pics of them. Now, this is like her most lewd pic of them: https://www.deviantart.com/epicracharaptor/art/Closer-461126865

How outrageous. How scandalous. That is disgusting!

Plz send.

I mean, isn't Alex our god? : P Well mine is Cole since he already has the whole Zeus thing going no. Really weird how Cole gets the demon title while Alex gets Zeus

@Ciruno Fortes

Damn, the Lucy x Alex Mercer fanarts really is everywhere.

@Migue79

And now we have the lewd fanarts of Lucy and Alex Mercer as well!? Hot damn, they really are everywhere.

DeathNoodles said:
@Ciruno Fortes

Damn, the Lucy x Alex Mercer fanarts really is everywhere.

@Migue79

And now we have the lewd fanarts of Lucy and Alex Mercer as well!? Hot damn, they really are everywhere.
Yep, we do. But this is like nothing compared to what she used to have for the two of them. I still have them pics, and I can say that pic's nothing LOL.

Ik I'm a creep. KMS BRB

I get the feeling that was some misbranding, saying that I think alex being named zues had more to do with zues being the king of the gods. Mecer was the first male runner and was a sentient virus rather than someone infected with the virus. So he was kinda the lord of all infected.

All that fan art and I still don't really buy it, especially the lewd ones! Can you imagine what kind of std youd get from blacklight? That and mercers clothes are literally his outer layer of biomass....

edit giving way to much thought to the logistics of fanart.....

Dude. Alex is immune to diseases. That's another plus. Coitus with him would probably cure you of STDs lol

Well if he doesn't eat you.

Yeah but he is a disease....I suppose your probably safe if he doesn't want to infect you, and luckily hes very flexible....Still Im not sure theres enough money in the world for me to allow a sentient virus to do literally anything....

Back