• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype general discussion

I'm asking because in the Web of Venom, the Carnage symbiote is now dead. Cletus now has Knull's avatar symbiote: Grendel.

OK IM GOING TO BED BYE

Heller sat down next to his daughter Dana sat across from him. He had come a long way from new york. House in the country, seeing his little girl turn fifteen Dana sticking with them all this time.

He could honestly say despite what he had done, what he had become he was happy again. For the past couple of weeks, he had been experiencing odd head pains, seemingly from nowhere. They came, ripped through his skull and vanished just as quickly.

Heller had intentionally hidden this from his new family, no reason to burden them with his pain. Yet it was getting worse, there was now a constant dull throbbing. He heard voices that weren't there, heard cruel laughter echo in his skull.

Yet worse than any of that was the image that kept popping to the forefront of his mind. He could see Mercer in all his sickly glory sneering at him.

He knew something was wrong but felt he could contain....control whatever was wrong with him. It came to a head that beautiful picturesque morning. The pain emerged worse than ever, the burning pain in his skull tore through the rest of his body.

Heller heard Amaya and dana calling to him as he threw himself to the ground gripping his shaking body. The pain consolidated into mocking laughter...

"Poor, poor, heller. I gave you the power of a god, and here you sit wasting it. You're just as foolish as I always thought." That familiar hateful voice mocked him as he struggled.

"MERCER! You ****! I killed you once and I'll do it again!" Heller shouted both dana and Amaya backing away as he shouted at the voice only he could hear.

"Heller, your infected. I'm the disease. You're a runner, I AM BLACKLIGHT. How did you think this would go? I couldn't pull your strain of the virus from your body externally. So we had to get a little closer, I truly hoped to see you do something with the powers I granted you. I should have no better than to expect intelligence from you..." Mercer explained even as heller felt parts of his body melting and pulling away from him.

With his final taunt, complete heller felt the pain intensify as something...Someone ripped from his side. His left arm and most of his torso were gone, He heard his family scream.

The blackish red mass that had once been the left side of his upper body grew into a humanoid form. Black tendrils solidifying into a familiar leather jacket and hoodie combo, to cold blue inhuman eyes stared down at Heller's broken form.

"You could have been great, but like all humanity your just another disappointment." With these words, Mercers left hand turned into claws as they dug into Heller's body. Heller looked into his daughter's eyes as he felt himself being broken down, becoming part of someone else rather than the other way around...

Mercer stood inhuman eyes staring at the terrified Dan

Note I dislike heller alot, hes such a generic hero that has some massive contradictions with his actions and story.

He spares one general because he hears him talking to his daughter but heller has mercer ablities to see the memories of those he consumes am I supposed to believe this is the first father he's come across. Its why alex powerset can't work with someone meant to be a hero.

The pen or the sword said:
Heller sat down next to his daughter Dana sat across from him. He had come a long way from new york. House in the country, seeing his little girl turn fifteen Dana sticking with them all this time.

He could honestly say despite what he had done, what he had become he was happy again. For the past couple of weeks, he had been experiencing odd head pains, seemingly from nowhere. They came, ripped through his skull and vanished just as quickly.

Heller had intentionally hidden this from his new family, no reason to burden them with his pain. Yet it was getting worse, there was now a constant dull throbbing. He heard voices that weren't there, heard cruel laughter echo in his skull.

Yet worse than any of that was the image that kept popping to the forefront of his mind. He could see Mercer in all his sickly glory sneering at him.

He knew something was wrong but felt he could contain....control whatever was wrong with him. It came to a head that beautiful picturesque morning. The pain emerged worse than ever, the burning pain in his skull tore through the rest of his body.

Heller heard Amaya and dana calling to him as he threw himself to the ground gripping his shaking body. The pain consolidated into mocking laughter...

"Poor, poor, heller. I gave you the power of a god, and here you sit wasting it. You're just as foolish as I always thought." That familiar hateful voice mocked him as he struggled.

"MERCER! You ****! I killed you once and I'll do it again!" Heller shouted both dana and Amaya backing away as he shouted at the voice only he could hear.

"Heller, your infected. I'm the disease. You're a runner, I AM BLACKLIGHT. How did you think this would go? I couldn't pull your strain of the virus from your body externally. So we had to get a little closer, I truly hoped to see you do something with the powers I granted you. I should have no better than to expect intelligence from you..." Mercer explained even as heller felt parts of his body melting and pulling away from him.

With his final taunt, complete heller felt the pain intensify as something...Someone ripped from his side. His left arm and most of his torso were gone, He heard his family scream.

The blackish red mass that had once been the left side of his upper body grew into a humanoid form. Black tendrils solidifying into a familiar leather jacket and hoodie combo, to cold blue inhuman eyes stared down at Heller's broken form.

"You could have been great, but like all humanity your just another disappointment." With these words, Mercers left hand turned into claws as they dug into Heller's body. Heller looked into his daughter's eyes as he felt himself being broken down, becoming part of someone else rather than the other way around...

Mercer stood inhuman eyes staring at the terrified Dan

Note I dislike heller alot, hes such a generic hero that has some massive contradictions with his actions and story.

He spares one general because he hears him talking to his daughter but heller has mercer ablities to see the memories of those he consumes am I supposed to believe this is the first father he's come across. Its why alex powerset can't work with someone meant to be a hero.
RIP Heller in that story XD

If there ever was a Prototype 3, I imagine that is what would happen if they decide to bring back Mercer and keep him as a villain (I still don't like how Mercer is a villain in Prototype 2 by the way, his personality and ideals is a bit too similar to Albert Wesker from Resident Evil. I prefer the Prototype 1 Mercer's personality, however much of a blank slate it could be).

See I agree but mercer in one was still more a moral grey and I think thats the best your gonna get with him. You can't make a sentient man eating virus the hero, its just not gonna work.

I could see him becoming a villian (Though not the incredibly stupid one we got in 2) but not for the reasons they gave, mercer seems far more liable to give up on humans all together before he tries to help/kill them.

Honestly I just want to play as mercer in the next game, imagine have something like the nemisis system from shadow of war but instead its the victim system. Using it you can hunt down different people with different properties about them. You could build up an empire of evolved as you moved to take over the world.

True. But I didn't say I wanted him to be "the hero" though. More like "the anti-hero" or some type of True Neutral (or Chaotic Neutral) character.

Yeah I can accept him being the main antagonist if there was good reasons for it, but I see him as more of a True/Chaotic Neutral character than a true villain. He would prefer doing something that benefits him after all.

Honestly, PARIAH wasn't mentioned after Prototype 1, so it would be great if he was brought in for the hypothetical Prototype 3...

Edit: Goodnight Pen.

i see mercer as the cheotic nutral as well

in the first game was a godmaker game aka creating a powerful charater at the cost of their humanity and morals aka i will get stronger and more powerful to achive my goals and if it cost human lives im fine with it

which is perfectly imphasized in the final line of the game " i have become something less then human, but also somthing more"

Lol let me know what you think when you have the time to check it out of course! :)
I've just read it, and I can say that I definitely like it.

There aren't many stories that uses P2-esque Mercer in terms of ideals and mindset (In fact, many of them uses P1-esque Mercer instead, but I can't blame them as the second game is just a bunch of plot-hole riddles nonsense), and it feels refreshing to see more about Mercer as an antagonist-material for once. I feel like you're taking the route of villainous/antagonist Mercer here... :p

Ehh semi, hes got some extreme ideas but hes not going for the whole worlds a hive thing, more like he wants to....No spoilers in case I want to continue sometime soon :p

Nice :p

Also, why is Yu Takeyama (Mount Lady) tagged for the story? Does she play an important role in the story or something?

I hope you could forgive the oc, but in stories with mercer you kinda need ocs otherwise he ends up killing to many of the main cast and none of the main series cast was quite the right kind of mad I needed to iseakai mercer.

Did I tag her? I think it was due to a scene I cut out because it didn't feel right. Originally you would have seen brutus return with her broken and mangled before he gives her barly living body over to mercer.

Also what did you think of my repurposing the villian that shows up once in the series? I figured Ide use the weird looking villian, give some backstory make him an actual character.

I also couldnt find a tag for the unnamed villian :p

Did I tag her? I think it was due to a scene I cut out because it didn't feel right. Originally you would have seen brutus return with her broken and mangled before he gives her barly living body over to mercer.

Also what did you think of my repurposing the villian that shows up once in the series? I figured Ide use the weird looking villian, give some backstory make him an actual character.
Okay.

Well, I'm fine with OCs as long as they are well-written, don't outshine the canon characters or take their spotlight, aren't made to be too powerful (Overpowered OCs are hard to like, especially if they are not part of the main casts for the story), and don't play too much of an important role (outside of being set up as a stepping stool or a semi-plot device for the canon characters of course).

As for Brutus, he should be fine as long as he does not outshine or take the importance of the main protagonist like Mercer (or is it main antagonist? Villain protagonist? I hope he feels like an actual morally grey chaotic neutral character in your story, and not an Actual evil villain that Prototype 2 made him out to be) in any way. I don't like OCs, or unnamed canon characters that only shows up once (like Brutus), to overtake the importance of a frequently recurring and well-known canon character like Mercer after all.

Of course, trust me on this the spotlight will always be on mercer, brutus and several other side characters exist to give us outsiders prespectives of mercer. The main cast...Well theyll be put to use later,

Brutus is a tool to view mercer through a more primal lense and give mercer his first henchman/test subject. Heck mercer doesn't even fully evolve him....

Mercer isn't going to fall into the evil trope, hes nuetral but brutal. If it benefits him he will do something regardless of the harm it brings to others. He has an idea in his head at the moment but no idea how to implement. He wants to save humankind from itself but he hasn't figured out how he can do that yet. He doesn't just want to turn the world into a hive, if this continues we'll see mercer come up with some really interesting ideas...

Awesome.

Well, I can now certainly say that I am on-board (if I didn't say so before already) with your story now. Looking forward for more, if you have time for more Prototype/MHA chapters of course (you have to do the Overlord/FoZ crossover as well of course, and I just like Sasuga Ainz-sama).

I love mercer but sasuga ainz sama requires my attention. Ill probably swap between them when I start feeling burned out on one. Saying that I now have two crossovers where Im only familar with one verse in the crossover :p

Nice :p

From what I can tell, MHA is actually a good anime though, so you should watch it if you have the time (if you haven't already). It can give you a better grasp over the MHA characters after all.

Ill give the first few episodes a watch the next time I try to start a chapter.

No offense meant but I have a particular taste with shows and sometimes even shows that are objectivly great don't appeal to me. Ill definitly check it out but no promises on me enjoying it... Does that come across as rude? Aplogies if it does.

Not at all. Everyone can have their own opinions after all.

Just for the heads up, Izuku (the main protagonist of MHA) is the underdog type of character that undergoes great character development as the story progresses (so don't expect him to kick ass at the beginning of the story), just so you know what the protagonist of the anime is like before you start watching it.

Go read/watch it, I really liked it, I binged read the whole thing twice. Before hand I had zero will to honestly watch or read it and put it off for a long time though I don't quite remember the reason I was so against it.

sounds good, still ill hold off till i want to work on another chapter as i need to dedicate my focus to the next chapter of sumonner of death.

gnight all sorry running low on energy tonight...... Have a wonderful time :)

So, since the CRT has been concluded with Mercer's Regenerationn staying at Mid-High, Mercer's fight against Lucy now remains being considered a stomp against Lucy (thus, wouldn't reopen again).

Welp, that's one match for Mercer gone down the drain.

The only viable match we have for Mercer in the list is Mami Tomoe (first key), and that's due to how vague the mechanics and feats of her Power Null really.

Hmmm....go for it, ill hunt around for a bit to see if I can think/find any other good matches.
I don't want to be the one creating the match between them though (I don't want to be restricted with the unable to vote limitation as the OP after all), so I would either wait for someone else to make it, or wait until you can find more good matches.

Yeah. That's a rip, I guess.

Though, to be honest, I'm not convinced he can survive vaporization (I still think he can survive incineration at most :/) it's still falls under Mid-High, but... idk. Idk how regen works in this wiki (if you can regenerate from ashes, can you regenerate from being completely turned to vapor?)

@Death did you check out the calc I made for the fireball?

The calc looks good. Callsign doesn't agree that the nuke is only incineration (and is incapable of vaporisation) though, and has even brought out several sources of the effects of nukes vaporisation.

Nonetheless, I agree with the calc outside of that.

So, I'm guessing Alex can survive an Island Level nuke, eh? >_>

Migue79 said:
So, I'm guessing Alex can survive an Island Level nuke, eh? >_>
Unless Lucy has explicit proof of atomizing through sheer AP (which Promestein says that Lucy's strongest attack would only vaporise), then yeah, pretty much.

^_^;

hey boys im planing to upgrade the god tiers ageing after going through prototype 2(also the goliath maybe)

have a read and tell me what ya think

ok so i just beenged a full walktrhough side mission aka blacknet and hives included and i notived that there were a lot of evolved fight even prior to our first fight with a goliath and i though to count through all of them, i am spliting the consumtions into 3 different categories:

defetive one aka once that happened in the story aka the web of intruege,

likely consumtions aka all the evolved fights that happened in the story since they are locked into the story and don't apear in free roam we have an exact number of evolved heller fights throughout the prosses of the game and since they all have mid-high regen the only way heller could kill them for good is via consumtion(of course gameplay wise its not that way but thats gameplay) so the fact that he would cosume them is highly likely

and the possible consumtions aka black net and the hives with black net being astablished early on in the story of P2 with one of the black net operations being a part of the story so black net has a likely hood of being completely canon as the side missions go and it dose unlock more blacknet missions as the story gose on, the hives are in the same boat as black net aka optional content part of which takes place early on in the game.

defentive consumtions:koeining, keith gallagher, roland, 2 un named evolved(one you consume for bio bomb the other to find gutierrez) and dr.gutierrez (mission name maze of blood), dr. karen archer, whip fist evolved in last resort and of course the grand daddy of them all alex mercer in kill your maker

likely consumtions: 2 evolved that were with gutierrez in maze of blood,2 evolved in Project Clean Up, 3 blackwatch evolved in fall from grace(also known as the goliath battle), another 3 blackwatch evolved in devine intervention and another 3 blackwatch evolved in lost in the system(boy they sure love their blackwatch evolved)

possible(side missions aka blacknet and hives which should be canon since blacknet was esteblished early on) consumtions: dennis wayne in Operation Vivid Future as well as 3 more in the second part of the mission, 1 evolved in the second part of Operation Jack-of-all-trades ,4 in stronghold 9-b in the peration spotted cat, and evolved by the name of lindsay benhurst must be consumed to get acsses to blacknet operation long horizon in the first part of that mission we fight 1 evolved in the second part we need to consume evolved by the name dr. Lawrence foster to get asses to the second part, an evolved by the name of Collins in the second part of operation stun circuit, there are 2 evolved in a lair in Lincoln meadows green zone and there are two evolved one of the hives in red zone in red zone

defenitve goliaths: 1 in fall form grace and another 1 in lost in the system

a possible goliath consumtion: the only extra possible goliath is in Operation Clockwork(the one who was going to destroy the city)

and done ******* finnaly

ok so lets some this up

heller defenetly consumed 8 evolved and 2 goliaths puting him at 11 kilotons(since he was able to go toe to toe with koening who is the first evolved he consumes) before he ate mercer after he ate mercer he would be at(at least 22 kilotons and 66 with muscel mass he gets from mercer)

with the likly consumtions we have to add on a whole whoping 13 evolved puting heller at 24 kilotons and we'll assume that mercer is equal to heller after he consumes the 8 evolved(even though he is clearly stronger) putting heller at 48 kilotons after he eats mercer and it would also put him at 142 kilotons or large town level with muscel mass

now the possible(im adding them on top of the likely) we have a **** ton or more specificly 17 and 1 goliath putting heller at 42 kilotons before he eats mercer who would be equal to him and that would put heller at 84 kilotons without musel mass with it well it would put him at 252 kilotons or large town level

now here is another thing heller fought the goliath after he consumed koeining, keith gallagher, roland, 2 un named evolved dr.gutierrez and dr. karen archer putting him at 9 kilotons and the goliath was able to go toe to toe and even overpower heller so it should be comperable to heller aka 7C putting it at 9 kilotons

now if add the likely consumtions on top of what heller consumed the goliath gets bumped up to 16 kilotons putting heller at 32 after consuming it

now if we add the possibles as well we add 7 on top of that so that makes it 23 kilotons and heller 46 after eating it

if we add the very likly possibility that the goliaths are 7C and not low 7C we get this

defenitive consumtions: 28 kilotons before consuming mercer and 56 after plus muscel mass we get 168 kilotons aka large town level after consuming mercer

likely consumtions: 54 kilotons before consuming mercer and 104 after and 312 with musel mass

possible consumtion: 83 before mercer and 166 after mercer aaaaand 498 kilotons with good ol musel mass

to sum up

goliaths are most likely 7C

heller is defently high 7C with muscle mass boost he gains after consuming mercer(mercer not quite if we only count the defent consumtions)

mercer is high 7C with muscel mass if we count the likley consumtions(if we count them heller would just be high 7C without any boosts)

also if we actually go through with this heller will need to have a few seperate keys added to his profile

early game(aka all of yellow zone): heller would be low 7C due to the fact that he could fight koening evenly after which he beat him and absorbed him adding his power on top of his own

mid game(green zone): 7C consumed at least 7(far more if we count black net and the likely consumtions) and a goliath who was able to fight him on even grounds even after he consumed 7 evolved and gained their combined strength

end game(red zone) at least 7C likely high 7C, high 7C with muscel mass(consumed even more evolved a goliath and mercer him self)

goliath will need to be upgraded to 7C

mercer might be : P2 key AP: at least 7C, high 7C with mucsel mass(im using the likely coonsumtions here)

ok i think im done what do you guys think?

Back