• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype general discussion

i was trying to find some good opm vs prototype matches any one got any good ones

the best i have right now is elizabeth green vs genos(8A)

hey do any of you guys have discord i always wanted to have some people form vsbattles wiki

plus descusing possible mercer match ups gona be way easier that way

So, while I did say that I would think of something after the matches concludes, but I decided to make think of it anyways because I don't have control over what my mind thinks of sometimes. Here are the suggestions:

Alex Mercer matches: vs Mami Tomoe (first key), Bog, and Salem.

I personally think that the first 2 are decent enough matches, though I don't know how powerful Mami's Power Nullification is. Not sure if the match is fair enough against Salem, but she has a pretty strong Telekinesis with that Lifting Strength of hers (plus the AP gap).

ok mamis best shot is powernul if she starts with it she can avoid being gassed straight of the bat but other then that mercer has a good chance of winning like 7/10 how strong is her mind manip if its a baseline one its pointless mercer resisted that already if not it becomes 50/50

don't see what bog can really do to mercer here how dose his possesion work exactlly cuse thats like the only one of his abilities that can put mercer down

not a chance she can by pass his regen but she might bfr so dono about this one

Mami does not have Mind Manipulation as a Magical Girl (her first key). I'm not sure how good her Power Null is though, since Mercer also has resistance to Power Null, so we might need to see her Power Null feats.

Bog's Possession works by his acid entering his target's body, so it should be biological by nature. Not sure if that would prevent his acid from getting absorbed by Mercer, or just plain resisted by Mercer (who has resistance to both Biological Manipulation and Mind Manipulation).

Salem's range is only a few kilometres, so I'm not even sure she could BFR him.

Yeah, Mami's Power Nullification is weird. I don't even know the exact potency of it (so I'm not even sure if it should work against the likes of Alex Mercer, who has two layers of resistance to Power Nullification).

Sir sun man said:
so none of them stand a chance is that what youre saying
Finding a decent match (decent as in not completely one-sided on either one's favour) for Mercer is difficult than most would think you know.

As of now, Mami seems like the least one-sided option (if only because of how vague the mechanics and feats of her Power Null is), with Bog being second to that and Salem the most unfair (in Mercer's favour) in the list of potential matches for Mercer.

Hmm I wonder what verses mercer would fit into/overpower. Hes an interesting character as making the setting he's in larger doesn't make him less relevant only more dangerous...

He fits/thrives pretty darn well on any setting that heavily involves supernatural powers with genetic/biological origins.

True enough, hes a nightmare in many verses. Hmm...Any in particular verses stand out in your mind? Outside of biological based powers hed do really well in many scifi horror storys..

Infamous would be pretty good for alex as if he runs into any conduit other than cole he can gain conduit abilities...

He'll do pretty well in Marvel (against superhumans with powers based on their genes such as Mutants in particular) and DC (imagine if he manages to absorb a Kryptonian...) as they heavily involves powers with genetic/biological origins, just as long as he either avoids the non-genetic based superhumans and the OP ones initially

I guess he can do pretty well in Star Wars, provided that Midchlorians truly is what provides Force Users their connection to the Force.

It'll be pretty funny if you can think of any anime setting that has moe girls with powers of genetic/biological origin though, since Mercer's character and powerset pretty much sucks off all the cuteness from those settings.

Hmmm.... Those anime are rare, parasite eve springs to mind but the show not only lacked a way to harm mercer (unsuprising) as the main characters power was controling mitochondria. But mercer wouldn't really gain much from the characters in the verse.

Ive actually touched on star wars, else where definitely a fun universe to have mercer strolling around in

Let me know if you come up with any gentic based anime. Im looking for inspiration. Ill of course keep my eyes out as well.

The only genetic-based anime that I can think of at the top of my head is Tokyo Ghoul, only it's mainly edgy rather than moe (some of the females that are not Touka are pretty crazy there), and Mercer himself can already solo the verse without needing to consume any of the ghouls (though he would need to consume at least one to be able to contend in speed with the top tiers, but that's about it).

So, I will be keeping an eye out for any other genetic-based anime.

Do let me know, if I like the idea enough I may end up writing something based on it. I already did a peice due to someone saying mercer fit in with the cuthulu mythos.

Ive considered tokyo ghoul before but none of the main cast seems smart enough to avoid mercers annoyance and lack the power to meaningfully challange him or make him stronger.

Funny thing is, I'm certain Boku no Hero Academia is an anime with powers of genetic origin, as Quirks can be inherited genetically (they can be passed down to their descendants) and are apparently theorised that the origin of the Quirks are apparently from the spread of a virus mice carries. However, none of the Boku no Hero Academia and Prototype crossover fanfictions have Alex Mercer as the protagonist, it's either OCs (don't even get me started on how badly-written OC protagonists tends to be in fanfiction) or Deku with Blacklight powers.

From what I can tell, there are some top tiers that have a raw power advantage over him, and there are even some Quirk users that are hax enough to be able to even kill Mercer if he isn't careful enough (such as Kai Chisaki), so it might be a verse that he would have decent challenge of conquering.

You don't have to tell me how bad ocs can be. Parasyte and my hero academia huh...You know what? I might be able to work with that...

While Parasyte is a lesser known anime (thus, have a more original fanfiction to write about as there are less crossover stories about it), the verse having little to no hax and possessing meagre stats in comparison doesn't seem like something Mercer would benefit much from. The stats of the Terra Formers doesn't impress me either, based on the profiles of the Terra Formers characters (they have some nifty abilities, but that's about it). You can make crossover fanfics about them if you want though, it's your choice.

My Hero Academia has both hax and raw power that Mercer can benefit from a lot, so they should be a good verse for Mercer to conquer out of the ones mentioned in the list.

Eh, I think of it as equivalent exchange. You give a method for Alex to buff himself up, you grant methods for the enemies to also get stronger and match him.

Fair on MHA though

Mei Hatsume, but I haven't seen her deal with areas outside of the technological and gadgets (so I'm not sure she would be a scientist in the the chemical or biological areas).

if he comes across deku in my hero the verse is preaty much ****** cuse the second he consumes it he would be able to use one for all at a full 100% streight of the bat since his body would be more then capable of dealing with it

hell he might incompase it into his already insane set of ablities

I think the aim is not to have him consume Deku and start weak. Imo if you want Alex to fit in such a verse without roflstomping everyone you can just make sure he's a wanted terrorist and is limited on where he can go and his stats

Ciruno Fortes said:
I think the aim is not to have him consume Deku and start weak. Imo if you want Alex to fit in such a verse without roflstomping everyone you can just make sure he's a wanted terrorist and is limited on where he can go and his stats
i dought that this would impead him in any way since mercers shape shifting is broken since he is capable of duplicating dna it would sure make it so all the top heros would go after him the second he is spoted but i dought him being known as a terrorist would do much at all

and yeah he would feat rather well into the setting although he would defenetly make it far more bloody

All right Ill go for a my hero acdemia prolouge/oneshot for now, I already have Foz/overlord crossover going and don't want to over commit myself so ill stick with a intro for now.

Im actually against balancing things in crossovers, as I feel people don't come to see the old story take place.

They come to see how characters fundementally change the mold, if a character is brokenly powerful for a setting its my job as a writer to show how the other characters deal with this disparity in power. I refuse to deux ex machina them something just to give there opponent a challange.

I don't intend for mercer to consume deku or all might for some time, when I seriously start writing the story Ill focus more on mercer actions in new world. My problem with setting mercer up as a terroist and limititing him is theres no good way to do that in a story. How would they even detect mercer after he stole someone elses face.

Heres my oneshot/prolouge inspired by the idea prototype fits in with lovecraftian horror. Consider it a sample of my work.

Mercer was frustrated, this wasn't an uncommon experience for him. In fact, many things in his everyday life frustrated him to no end, such as Dana's insistence they watch movies together every Friday regardless of how pivotal a stage his research was in. Dana's complete disregard for her own safety and willingness to risk her life over her journalism? Frustrating. Her willingness to barge into his lab and force him to spend time with her? Frustrating.

All these minor frustrations paled in comparison to the sheer annoyance Mercer felt boil through his veins at the sight before him. In the middle of his lab, twelve men stood, eleven of them garbed in robes of red and black. A familiar red symbol embroidered across the front, mirroring the symbol upon his own back.

Yet it was the twelfth man kneeling upon the ground, that stood out the most. He too wore a robe, dark blue in color with seemingly random star-shaped embroidery, he smelt of the sea. He was gagged, bound in chains, stumps where his hands should be, legs twisted at the wrong angle, and his eyes had been violently removed. If not for the rise and fall of the man's chest mercer would have thought him dead.

The cultist adorned in robes of black bowed before him, and despite not needing to breathe mercer sighed. This was the fourth time this group of cultist had broken into his lab. He had tried everything. First, a group of five broke in, he ate them and relocated three counties over. The men seemed to mistakenly believe he was an avatar/child of the Great Old One Baoht Z'ugga-Mogg.

They had apparently reached this conclusion as one of there cult members had a vision of his creation. Though according to the memories he'd garnered from one of the men there supposed seer had been on LSD while watching the old news broadcast and reading Dana's reports about Manhattan. He knew of the other members in this group and deemed it simpler to move rather than hunt down the fools...

He would come to regret this decision. A month later a group of forty broke into his new lab, he responded by consuming them of course. That's when he learned he'd made a critical mistake, the surviving members had been gathering others under there insane ideas. The seer had become the de-facto head of the group, taking money from members to feed her drug habit. She claimed it helped her perceive the future. Apparently under her drug-fueled hallucinations was an actual ability as she had somehow predicted where he would relocate.

The mad seer had also convinced the members that being consumed by him was the ultimate form of giving thanks. She had somehow managed to amass a following in the hundreds. Alex wished to avoid attention and he now had to deal with a group of mad idiots trying to force feed themselves to him. While he didn't have to worry about the military Dana would be at risk if he was discovered by the government. Thus he devised a new plan...

When the next group broke into his lab he gave them orders "Bring me knowledge of other worshipers, other cults, I hunger for knowledge of the abyss bring it to me!" He had figured the group would return with some basic info he had long since obtained from raiding ancient archives. Honestly considering their whole stance on force feeding him he should have predicted something like this.

"Oh, child of pestilence we bring before you a worshiper of the great dreamer. Bring him into your folds and grant him the honor of being closer to Baoht Z'ugga-Mogg." One of the kneeling apostles spoke, mad reverence clear through his voice. Mercer felt his annoyance grow, he already had numerous test subjects. Many of the cultists he had captured were in far greater states of mutation and madness than the man before him.

He had serious doubts he could gain anything useful from this man, his body and mind hadn't been overly twisted by his knowledge yet. A phenomenon he had named Mystica-Insaniam, the process by which a mind and body would be twisted by the knowledge it gained. He had begun cataloging and researching it a few weeks after his escape from Manhattan. He had run into many problems determining the stages as there seemed to be many subdivisions of the phenomenon and individuals experienced different symptoms at different rates.

Yet, despite these obstacles, he had been able to narrow down some universal symptoms that appeared first. The onset almost always began with mad mumbling and schizophrenic mannerisms. Then as it progressed those afflicted seemed to gain the ability to either to ignore pain or take pleasure from it. After which physical signs usually began to manifest themselves.

His hive minded nature and lack of solid biology seemed to have granted him some resistance, if not straight immunity to the phenomenon. Which he was rather pleased about as continuing his research while losing his rationality would have been problematic. Plus Dana would no doubt have claimed she was right about him overworking...

The man before him clearly had only just begun his transition through the stages of Mystica-Insaniam, as he moaned in pain and hadn't even attempted to move his destroyed legs. The suffering was plainly written across his mutilated face showing no signs of pleasure, and lacking the blank look that would have occurred in place of it.

Based on his incredibly early stage he was no doubt a low ranking cultist, and Mercer had serious doubts that the fools who had been worshiping him were able to gather subjects as quietly as he preferred. The fools had no doubt made some scene that mercer would hear about the next day.

For a moment mercer considered killing them all, but doing so would only bring more of the cultist on their next visit. With a sigh, mercer readjusted his plan.

"Do you believe I was incapable of capturing such a pathetic creature? I asked you to bring me knowledge and you bring me a fool! I can gather information from the living far more efficiently than you ever could! I wanted ancient knowledge lost to the annals of time, not fools I could devour on my own!" Mercer commanded in his most intimidating voice, adding a growling undercurrent as he forced his eyes to glow a cold blue.

The cultist groveled at his feet some begging for mercy, others begging that he simply end them for there failure. Mercer felt himself internally banging his head against a wall. The fools would no doubt commit mass suicide to appease him if left to there own failure.

"Silence! I will forgive you this sin should you listen well, do not draw attention to yourself, explore lost archives of knowledge and at all cost! Do not hunt the fools whom I could make my pray! None can ever know of your connection to me, many in this world would..." Alex trailed off as he considered how to spin this tale in such a way they would never dare risk revealing him to others.

"Yes, never reveal my location or identity to those that can't explicitly be trusted! I am not at my full strength, I need time to grow into the full extent of my powers!" Alex fibbed as the cultist all swore they would not fail him. Technically it wasn't a total lie, his evolutionary potential didn't have a set upper limit and his knowledge was ever increasing.

He was no fool though, there were many beings out there in the greater cosmos before which he would be an ant. Which was why he was so interested in researching the creatures beyond human comprehension. What was out there? He wasn't human but he was a scientist and he needed to understand.

"What should we do with him, Lord?" The cultist had finished their vows of loyalty and now looked at him expectantly.

"I'll deal with him ,now go! Spread my words to the others." Mercer exclaimed as the cultist rushed out of the room. Letting loose a melodramatic sigh mercer wrapped his hand around the mutilated man's neck and dragged him down a darkened corridor leading deeper into the makeshift lab. This hall lead into a large room that had clearly been dug out by a large creature of some sort.

As Mercer entered the room a large snake-like head emerged from one of the walls, Mercer smirked as he eyed the mutated hydra. It had served him well in creating his current lab. Looking past it he viewed his numerous experiments. The large circular chamber was filled with fleshy yellow pods of varying sizes, some of the smallest pods were about the size of an adult male. They were full of liquid and appeared to be occupied by people of varying ages, genders, sizes, and mutations.

Several parts of the room not filled with these pods were sealed off with a semi-transparent orange membrane. Behind this membrane creatures of horrific visages stood. Clearly, they had once been men but their bodies appeared to be twisted, many of them screeched out in madness. Many of these creatures had large black and red tumorous growths ripping through there monstrous forms. Slowly but surely these tumors were overwhelming their host twisted bodies.

Mercer felt the man squirm in his hand, even without eyes he sensed the maddening presence of the creatures before him. Smirking Mercer threw the man at the membrane, it split open like a gaping maw allowing the man to land before the horrifying creatures. Mercer watched in interest as the creature ripped the man limb from limb. It seemed even if they originated from the same cult their madness overwhelmed their sense of camaraderie. Mercer made a mental note of this as he felt a vibration from his chest.

A tendril pulled through his body holding the vibrating object to his ear. "Dana? What? It's not Friday! Really, (sigh) fine. Be there in ten." Mercer spoke into the phone frowning as he looked upon his work. He turned an left heading for the exit, there was one major problem. One he was not actively avoiding but one he had yet to find a good answer for.

The Mad seer claimed to have had a vision of his creation, Dana's blog, news footage, and cameras from Manhattan would no doubt give them plenty of reason to believe he was some lesser god. Yet none of that info should have lead the seer to the conclusion he was a virus. So that left the question, how had she connected him to the god of pestilence?

I'm not sure Mercer being a "wanted terrorist" would fit as the My Hero Academia world's lore isn't even compatible with the Prototype world's lore (or even the Real World's history) as 80% of the world population in MHA has Quirks.

You might as well go with the "sending a protagonist into an alternate reality" trope, with Mercer being that protagonist and MHA being that alternate reality.

Fair on the nerf thing.

Lol, Alex Mercer is an isekai protag confirmed. Just a hungry Kirby one. When does he get his harem? Good night Pen, good luck on your writing. Great job btw

@DeathNoodles

Yeah at that point you're better off rewriting history tbh. So you could do a MHA thing where some heroes help contain the infection in Prototype 1.

The pen or the sword said:
All right Ill go for a my hero acdemia prolouge/oneshot for now, I already have Foz/overlord crossover going and don't want to over commit myself so ill stick with a intro for now.
I've seen the latest chapter of your story "Summoner of death", and I have to say... I like it so far.

However, I would recommend you to read GrumpyGrue's review. While his rant about FoZ was a bit negative and critical to the FoZ characters, it's surprisingly accurate for the FoZ canon, especially in regards to the society, economy and politics of Halkeginia (it even opened my mind about how [in]competent the FoZ characters really are in the canon, outside of just being mages). It seems to me that Germania might be the only half-decent society in Halkeginia, which isn't saying much admittedly.

Back