• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re not applying calcs now

The note I proposed
  • Regarding the Speed: In the case of the speed ratings for the characters, it has been decided in this thread that characters of this verse have the potential to reach FTL speeds. It has been agreed on by staff and knowledgeable members alike that Kizaru should not gatekeep the FTL speed ratings of the verse, and all FTL calculations are valid if they match the consistency of the verse.
Or something like that. I wanted to format it like how we format our notes
needs to be put on the verse page

Hold up, there hasn't been an exact proposal for who gets changed to what, right?

The OP has listed some calcs but hasn't listed all of the profiles that would be changed.

Staff members who have voted so far have voted on the basis of not using Kizaru as a restirction, not as a vote for all upgrades without them being checked first.
First things first. We needed the clear up the whole "Kizaru" misconception first. Then we will tackle about the scaling. But so far, everyone seems to be in agreement with the whole premise of the OP, so the only thing left are the characters.

Stunning work, King. I agree.

Also seeing Chopper getting an FTL rating was definitely an eye opener for me. Is that gonna be a valid feat for him? Or an outlier? Or.. what? Is Chopper going to have an Onigashima Raid profile? Will the other Strawhats (namely Brook) scale from that (since he's one of the faster Strawhats, putting him above Chopper)? Also I'm not sure if this is true, but I saw somewhere on the thread that Monster Point Chopper is one of his slower/slowest forms? If that's the case, will his other forms scale?
Bumping this

Bumping this
Chopper's feat is a bit debatable IMO. Queen's attacks have shown that they need charging period from what I remember (which is what provides openings for some characters to attack him), so it's not unlikely that Chopper aim-dodged the attack.

Queen would’ve just moved his head in that case, there’s no reason Queen misses a point blank shot cause of aimdodging

Also, Chopper doesn't have Observation haki, how exactly is he going to aim-dodge something with his size? Chopper in his MP ain't even tiny, and you are telling me someone as big as MP Chopper can aim-dodge a ploint blank shot? nothing suggests that.

Queen would’ve just moved his head in that case, there’s no reason Queen misses a point blank shot cause of aimdodging
You could say that for pretty much all cases of aimdodging, but aimdodging still exists.

Also, Chopper doesn't have Observation haki, how exactly is he going to aim-dodge something with his size? Chopper in his MP ain't even tiny, and you are telling me someone as big as MP Chopper can aim-dodge a ploint blank shot? nothing suggests that.

You don't exactly need Observation Haki to aim-dodge something, do you?

Thanks for the response. How about scaling-wise? Will Brook possibly scale to that or nah (or anyone else who may)?

Aimdodging page says this:

By default, as long as the character can see the source of the attack/projectile (for example, a character having line of sight on a soldier pointing a gun at them), the feat will be considered aim dodging unless one or more of the following conditions are fulfilled:

1) The attack/projectile's path is non-linear and/or unpredictable in such a way that it makes aim dodging by perception impossible. For example, an attack that follows a random path or bends its path in the air. However, previous knowledge of the attack/projectile's pattern will count as aim dodging unless sufficient proof to the contrary can be presented, as the attack could be dodged via prior knowledge instead of reaction. Precognition, future sight, or any ability or skill that help the character predict the attack's path beforehand in any form are also considered as "prior knowledge".

2) The character is clearly and explicitly shown to move after the attack/projectile is in motion, depicting quite clearly that the character is reacting to the attack/projectile itself and not its source. For example, a character who is shot at, moving the body after the bullet has left the gun, to dodge it. Just having the attack/projectile be shown in motion simultaneously with the dodge or the attack/projectile be shown in motion with the dodger off panel is not enough. The projectile must be shown in motion with the dodger in the same panel and the dodge coming afterwards.

The path of a straight laser-beam is fairly predictable and Chopper wasn't explicitly shown to dodge after the attack was in motion.

You could say that for pretty much all cases of aimdodging, but aimdodging still exists.

You don't exactly need Observation Haki to aim-dodge something, do you?
Except in One piece if something is far faster than you, you don't simply aim-dodge said ability. It's basically like saying Blueno or Lucci had time to aim-dodge Luffy's jet pistole, yet couldn't because Luffy's Jet pistole was too fast for them. Besides, you do realize how big MP Chopper is? and the distance between him and Queen, you are really suggesting his feat to be aim-dodging when he doesn't possess any kind of precognition ability. Are we going to declare every "Light beam dodging" feats in fiction to be aim-dodging, even Naruto's?

Except in One piece if something is far faster than you, you don't simply aim-dodge said ability. It's basically like saying Blueno or Lucci had time to aim-dodge Luffy's jet pistole, yet couldn't because Luffy's Jet pistole was too fast for them. Besides, you do realize how big MP Chopper is? and the distance between him and Queen, you are really suggesting his feat to be aim-dodging when he doesn't possess any kind of precognition ability. Are we going to declare every "Light beam dodging" feats in fiction to be aim-dodging, even Naruto's?
You do realize reaching out to other verses and saying "If you're going to downgrade this, you're gonna have to downgrade this" is a fallacy? Focus on the feat at hand.

I've quoted the relevant parts of the Aimdodging page up above.

I'm leaning towards it being aim-dodge as well but I'd have to re read that scene again to make a solid statement

You do realize reaching out to other verses and saying "If you're going to downgrade this, you're gonna have to downgrade this" is a fallacy? Focus on the feat at hand.

I've quoted the relevant parts of the Aimdodging page up above.
It's a comparison, because your argument doesn't made any sense. You are simply labelling every feat you don't like as "outlier" or "aim-dodging". Nothing indicates that MP Chopper aim-dodged Queen's black coffee, especially if the differences between their sizes are massive, the distance between them are not that far, Queen and MP Chopper are around less than 50 meters between each other (For example, MP Chopper could give Queen a huge) and the fact when something is faster than you it requires the speed to even react to it.

Last edited:
You are simply labelling every feat you don't like as "outlier" or "aim-dodging".
Where is this coming from?? He's just voicing his opinion, nothing he's stated on the topic of Chopper suggests he doesn't like it. He just believes it's aim-dodging. Even if he's wrong, you're just assuming he doesn't like it because he disagrees.

Where is this coming from?? He's just voicing his opinion, nothing he's stated on the topic of Chopper suggests he doesn't like it. He just believes it's aim-dodging. Even if he's wrong, you're just assuming he doesn't like it because he disagrees.
Sorry for coming off a hostile, but i find it ridiculous that we need to label every feat as "aim-dodging"

Sorry for coming off a hostile, but i find it ridiculous that we need to label every feat as "aim-dodging"
Who on Earth said anything about "every feat"?

A person can't criticize a single feat without needing to address every feat?

Yeah it has (sorry to be irrelevant, but this shit was faster than the god tier earthquake thread which is about to be done but isnt)

I agree with the rules btw, they look good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back