• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yeah this is ridiculous.

Too many of our CRTs that have anything to do with FTL OP get shut down or ignored because "Kizaru is a thing haaaaa", and frankly, it's irritating as hell.

We even had a CRT that got ACCEPTED get reverted before the CRT ended by bringing up the SAME EXACT incredulous arguments about Kizaru, the FRA spam for things that got rejected, and nothing got applied to the profiles, just because people don't like FTL One Piece. Link here.
That thread is one of many.
Even in this one that got accepted and applied, people still felt skeptical about it when it was simple logic.

Then some snarky remarks in other verses who use OP as an example alongside Dyspo and Garchomp.

This thread is to shut that all off. Because in all seriousness, a verse can't get stonewalled out of consistent feats because of a single character, especially when most of those feats come from that character.

Summing Up Who Has Lightspeed Attacks On Their Profiles​

Kizaru has it because he is light, has statements of lightspeed, and has shown to reflect off of surfaces.
Franky, the Pacifista, Kuma, and Queen have it because they've all replicated his laser into their technology, plus they're from "realistic technological sources".
Niji has it because he has a statement of being able to move at lightspeed.
Kuma has it again because he intercepted Kizaru and Rayleigh.

"Kizaru Is The Fastest In The Verse"​

This is a statement that is not stated, like at all.
Oda has never made a single STATEMENT that says that Kizaru is the fastest in the verse.
Oda has NEVER done this, and he has given statements of superiority for many characters.

He has given Akainu the devil fruit with the "highest offensive power".
He has given WB the "strongest Paramecia".
He has given WB the "strongest pirate".
He has given Oden the "strongest sword style".
He has given Speed Jiru (an irrelevant character) the "fastest member of the Whitebeard Pirates", which means he scales above both Whitebeard and Marco, who have both intercepted lightspeed from Kizaru.
He has given Mihawk the "strongest swordsman".
He has given Big Mom the "strongest hag".
He has given Benn Beckman the "highest IQ that we've seen so far" earlier in the series.
He even gave Aokiji the "strongest marine".
He has given Kaido the "strongest beast" regardless of hearsay or not.

Oda is generous with these titles, he will give everyone a title of superiority if he desires, but until this day he has never done so for Kizaru.
So saying that he's the fastest with absolutely no basis is just wrong.
The Fact That Kizaru's Not The Only SoL Character In The Verse
Oda has given Vinsmoke Niji, one character who has absolutely nothing to do with Kizaru, lightspeed.

Qliphoth_Bacikal, prior to their leave, translated this
雷を纏う剣で繰り出す光速の斬撃! 一撃で的確に敵を屠る剣術と高い動体視力を持つ。

A lightning-cloaked blade drawn out and attacks at the speed of light! With a high dynamic vision, he has the swordsmanship to kill his enemies in a single stroke.
This was accepted in this CRT to be valid.
And because of this, his reaction speed was calculated since his vivre card statement said that he had "high dynamic vision" hinting to his reaction/perception speed.

If anybody is ever stated to be the "fastest in the verse", then they would scale above Niji, who is SoL, making them FTL.

Kizaru Doesn't Move With His Light Fruit Against The High-God and the God Tiers, but He Uses It Against Fodder​

Kizaru, until now, has fought 3 super strong people, and did not use his famous Pika Pika lightspeed attacks.

Against Rayleigh, after he got casually intercepted (this time he was firing a laser as he got intercepted), TWICE, he just formed his light sword and ended up fighting Rayleigh with his regular speed here, here, and here. No light eminating from his limbs.
Against Marco, after he got casually intercepted, he was either using laser spam like before or he attacked him off guard here and here, but he mainly fought with his regular physicals.
Against Whitebeard, he got intercepted by a more injured Whitebeard. and he only managed to hit him with lightspeed lasers when he held him down via his Bisento. Even when he shot the ones at him from the ones that Marco intercepted, Whitebeard was casually commenting on the brightness of the lasers.

But who does Kizaru use regular lightspeed on?

Actual literal regular fodder.
The likes of Arlong.
A half dead Zoro who can't move.
Usopp carrying Zoro and Brook until Rayleigh intervened.
X Drake.
Hawkins, again, again, again, again.
Urouge.
Injured Luffy, again, again, again, again.
Buggy.
Law.
Apoo.

Kizaru would SPAM lightspeed for everybody in the manga except for the stronger tier characters in the series.

The Multitude Of Calcs We Have Showing FTL​

Pre Timeskip we have
  1. Silvers Rayleigh intercepting Kizaru's lightspeed movement.
  2. Edward Newgate intercepting Kizaru's lightspeed movement.
Post Timeskip we have
  1. Wano Arc Monster Point Chopper dodging Queen's laser.
  2. Wano Arc Sanji dodging Queen's laser.
  3. Marco dodging Queen's laser.
And for reactions we have
  1. Kizaru reacting to his own movement.
  2. Niji reacting to his own movement.
  3. Hawkins perceiving Kizaru's kick.
  4. X Drake perceiving Kizaru's kick.
And on the possibility that Ichiji's lasers are lightspeed.
  1. Ichiji outrunning his lasers.
With the exception of the reactors to Kizaru's kicks, everyone on this list is either a high-god to god tier, or they're a really fast character who uses lightspeed attacks. Not inconsistent at all.
Even with Luffy vs Foxy, most of the feats come up to Sub-Rel. Overtime, they get Rel feats with the pacifista, then the FTL comes with the highest tier characters.

"It would be weird for everyone to be faster than Kizaru’s fruit"

Argument from Incredulity at it's finest.
The only one with actual combat speed feats of being FTL are the high tier characters.

Unless there are more FTL feats I don't know about, most of the feats are done by stronger higher tier characters.

"It Would Be Weird For Kizaru To Be Faster Than His Fruit"

Kizaru, or something as fast as Kizaru's light form, has been perceived several times by Basil Hawkins already.
The one moment Kizaru uses his raw speed, Hawkins (while amped) can't perceive him.

It being "weird" doesn't matter. Don't we have characters that use lightning attacks, but are faster? What about the sound users who use sound based attacks but are far superior?

It's not a fair or valid argument at all.

"Only Kizaru Uses Light As An Attack"

Foxy.
Pacifista.
Franky.
Queen.
We finished?

Also Artur Bacca from the Law novel, who shot out light beams (and I've explained here how all "beams" in One Piece are lightspeed).

We Have Someone FTL In The Verse Already

Kaido.

Kaido blitzed Luffy with his Thunder Bagua technique while he was using future sight.
The same Luffy who called Lightspeed slow with/without a weaker Observation Haki.

We already accept him as FTL for it, so there's no argument.

"Can't only people with exceptional Observation Haki keep up with his lightspeed attacks?"

This is based off of the Library of Ohara's summaries of the Vivre cards, which is just wrong and has been wrong on several occasions.

This is wrong. Observation Haki is never stated at all.

The middle right portion of the scan is the part that talks about Kizaru's ability and Haki.
回避や移動にも有効な能力なので、熟練した覇気使いでないと、移動一つ止める事は叶わない。

With an effective ability over movement and evasion, only a skilled Haki user can stop someone in a single move.
- Qliphoth_Bacikal
But Tempest, his devil fruit is about speed, so why would they be talking about Armament Haki when it could easily be talking about Observation Haki?
That phrase shows a scan of Marco kicking Kizaru while it says that.

Rayleigh's vivre card says this phrase.
油軍大将をも足止めする"武装色"の冴え。
Roughly translates to
Skill with Armament that even prevents the Navy Admiral from leaving.
Notice "武装色", which means Armament Haki. Observation Haki, or "見聞色", is never stated here.

So no, the "exceptional Observation Haki" is never stated.

Who is objectively NOT FTL​

Any strawhats or people that scale to them prior to the timeskip.
Gear 2nd Luffy is one of, if not the #1, fastest characters pre timeskip outside of the god tiers, being able to blitz Observation Haki users, going FTE to people who go FTE to people who go FTE to people, even without G2nd he can match Soru users, and so on.
That same Gear 2nd Luffy was called too slow by Kizaru while Kizaru was in his light form.

What Needs to be Done?​

Stop these incredulous arguments, and allow FTL One Piece characters without bringing up the same flawed arguments.

Staff Votes
Agree: Crabwhale, Migue79, DarkDragonMedeus, LordGriffin1000, DemonGodMitchAubin
Neutral: Damage3245
Disagree:

Last edited:
WELL SAID! ABOUT THE TIME! Before anyone brings up whitebeard not being able to react to Kizaru's attack argument, Marco explicitly stated that Whitebeard in his current state isn't capable of DODGING ATTACKS nor REACTING TO ATTACKS. If anyone want to continue push this argument, proof that squardo is faster than Ace
IMG_20210722_211601.png

IMG_20210722_205258.png

Not to mention Marco himself was capable of reacting to Kizaru's attacks and sent him flying. The self-proclaimed fastest character was never once to be stated the fastest amongst the high tiers, heck no Yonko ever hyped up Kizaru as faster than them.

You guys simply don't like FTL One piece, which is really silly. I got your back King.

While I personally believe that Kizaru is an exceptionally fast character in the verse, that is mostly just my own headcanon, and it is a fact that the top tiers have kept up with him on a few occasions.
Will Kizaru be re-established as some God tier speedster in the future? Maybe, but it'd be insane to hold back valid feats, statements, and calculations for an entire verse because of something that may or may not happen years down the line.
If it happens, and somehow everything becomes inconsistent and invalid, then we'll deal with it then. But holding off valid upgrades and scaling because of what amounts to a hypothetical "what if?" scenario is frankly ridiculous.

So yeah, the OP has my support.

I agree that there really should be open discussion for these types of things. At the end of the day, it should be whatever calculations are the most mathematically accurate are the ones that should be used in the scaling chains save for things that may or may not be considered outliers. But whether or not certain feats have the scientific backing to be legit lightspeed lasers and characters outpacing them enough to qualify for FTL is a different story and people should be welcome to discuss their honest opinions and give out their reasons for it.

While I personally believe that Kizaru is an exceptionally fast character in the verse, that is mostly just my own headcanon, and it is a fact that the top tiers have kept up with him on a few occasions.
Will Kizaru be re-established as some God tier speedster in the future? Maybe, but it'd be insane to hold back valid feats, statements, and calculations for an entire verse because of something that may or may not happen years down the line.
If it happens, and somehow everything becomes inconsistent and invalid, then we'll deal with it then. But holding off valid upgrades and scaling because of what amounts to a hypothetical "what if?" scenario is frankly ridiculous.

So yeah, the OP has my support.
This is pretty much my exact thoughts on this matter.

I don't have enough knowledge to give any proper arguments so I won't even bother. Regardless, I support this for now at least.

Kizaru, or something as fast as Kizaru's light form, has been perceived several times by Basil Hawkins already.
The one moment Kizaru uses his raw speed, Hawkins (while amped) can't perceive him.

It being "weird" doesn't matter. Don't we have characters that use lightning attacks, but are faster? What about the sound users who use sound based attacks but are far superior?

something to add here ...
Although it is true that I do not remember any example where Oda has said that the natural capacities of fruits can be improved.

I have always thought that a fruit is not 100% limited to its natural stats, and that with training these natural limits can be improved.

for example smoker and his smoke fruit, if we are honest smoker when it is in the form of Smoke, he should move at the speed of the wind, but if thats the case, it would not make sense to him keep up with people like Vergo for example.

the same goes for Caesar.

And you will say "this is headcanon" most likely, but then I do not find sense in what they call "perfecting your fruit", if you are always going to be limited to its base qualities and you are not going to be able to improve them.

So there should be no problem with the pika pika no mi being able to exceed its natural speed (SoL) with training, and well considering that Kizaru has been with this fruit for years, it would be very sad that he has not yet exceeded pika pika no mi initial speed.

Maybe in the future, Oda will confirm the obvious (which is what they need here I guess, textual confirmations)

So there should be no problem with the pika pika no mi being able to exceed its natural speed (SoL) with training, and well considering that Kizaru has been with this fruit for years, it would be very sad that he has not yet exceeded pika pika no mi initial speed.
He might probably use it when he's actually serious... 🤷‍♂️

I have been talking about this for years and also chopper dodged queen's laser with no CoO and whats impressive is that he dodged it with one of the slowest forms he has.

Who is objectively NOT FTL​

Any strawhats or people that scale to them prior to the timeskip.
Gear 2nd Luffy is one of, if the #1, fastest characters pre timeskip outside of the god tiers, being able to blitz Observation Haki users, going FTE to people who go FTE to people who go FTE to people, even without G2nd he can match Soru users, and so on.
That same Gear 2nd Luffy was called too slow by Kizaru while Kizaru was in his light form.

nah my boy zoro better be FTL pre ts

tho seriously my memory isnt that good for pre ts but cant we argue kizaru is saying luffy is slow because that is how kizaru is perceiving luffy and not comparing him to his light attacks (as his perception should be relative to his base speed which is ftl as you explained) and if kizaru did blitz luffy in his light form and not base is there a way to argue luffy was weakened (since iirc he had just fought a pacifista which was strong af back then if we talking sabody and in marineford well he had just arrived from escaping impel down)

and why cant my boy zoro be faster than luffy? if oda stated luffy is faster post thriller you can argue cuz zoro was heavily weakened from his fight against kuma so it wont contradict him dodging kumas attacks

I'm neutral on this.

Don't really mind what changes happen or don't happen, because I'm just looking forward to Kizaru actually showing up and being relevant in the manga again.

When that day comes, depending on what happens, then issues may arise. But as I said, I'm neutral for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back