• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profile image additions or replacements requests (New forum)

We use them if we couldn't get comics renders lol, if you can find a good Banner render from comics we'll use that.

The Devil Hulk render is just worse.

We use them if we couldn't get comics renders lol, if you can find a good Banner render from comics we'll use that.

The Devil Hulk render is just worse.
Well, we should use the images we can find that look best aesthetically, fit in well in the pages, and preferably convey the character personalities in an appropriate manner, as long as the costumes and other design issues are consistent with the relevant continuity.

Well, we should use the images we can find that look best aesthetically, fit in well in the pages, and preferably convey the character personalities in an appropriate manner, as long as the costumes and other design issues are consistent with the relevant continuity.
No? Basically all of these mobile games are indexable as files given they have their own plot and whatnot, not even filler it can be decently elaborate, both Avengers Alliance and Puzzle Quest can be given files on the wiki. Hell I think Krukov MADE files for the former on FCOC already.

If we’re listing COMICS character we better have COMICS renders, it’s EXCEPTIONALLY rare regardless that these games ever have better art than the comics since absolutely gorgeous covers exist.

So we should start putting MCU and dceu renders on comic files too?

No? Basically all of these mobile games are indexable as files given they have their own plot and whatnot, not even filler it can be decently elaborate, both Avengers Alliance and Puzzle Quest can be given files on the wiki. Hell I think Krukov MADE files for the former on FCOC already.

If we’re listing COMICS character we better have COMICS renders, it’s EXCEPTIONALLY rare regardless that these games ever have better art than the comics since absolutely gorgeous covers exist.
I don't see why we need to restrict our requirments to official comic panels only, rather than the best available art in terms of aesthetics and size proportions, as long as said art depicts the characters correctly, so I do not agree with you in this regard. My apologies.

So we should start putting MCU and dceu renders on comic files too?
No, they depict live-action characters that do not look like the original versions, but if we occasionally do not have any official art available that looks good enough, and an artist has provided a promotional drawing for a game that is designed the exact same way as the comic book version of the character, I do not see why we cannot use a bit of flexibility.

However, if there is an equally high quality official drawing available, we can obviously use that instead if you prefer.

Irrelevant, both are adaptations. As long as a picture shows what the character looks like and whatnot, don't see why it has to be "amazingly" drawn, especially since art is subjective.

Higher quality images from 616 are everywhere. So that's not really an issue overall.

I want the wiki layout to look as good as possible overall, and the images to be as well representative as possible regarding the personalities of the characters, but find it too irrationally picky to disregard promotional images for other media if the costumes look the exact same way, and the alternatives are much uglier, especially if regular comic book artists were the ones drawing the nicer looking images.

That said, as soon as an acceptably good-looking alternatives that were used for the regular DC or Marvel Comics verses have been found, these can obviously be used. I did not mind the Spider-Man image for example, but the one for Black Bolt really did not look very good at all comparatively speaking.

Can Byakuran's Render be changed to this?

Can Byakuran's Render be changed to this?

I have done so.

Question, would this be better?
Changed to

Think it fits the page much better 🤔

Changed to

Changed to

Changed to

I am very reluctant, as I like the current images considerably better. My apologies.

I mean... sure? It doesn't really fit with that version of Gogeta to smirk and pose like that, plus is drawn in the style of the DBS Broly movie...

I thought we wanted neutral poses for the characters' images?

Okay. I suppose that you can use your image if you like then. It just seems kind of bland and dull to me.

Okay. I suppose that you can use your image if you like then. It just seems kind of bland and dull to me.
It's movie-accurate and a neutral pose, you've told me before that it doesn't need to be flashy if we have better images available. I reckon it's better to have something that respects the source material rather than what is essentially fan art or official art made for a different continuity.

Can the page be unlocked?

That is a good point. I will unlock the page, yes. Tell me here when you are done.

No problem at all. Thank you for helping out.

Hi there can we change the main render for Gray Fox to one of the images below because the main render isn't actually Gray Fox but its Raiden with the Gray Fox costume.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Last edited:
Your first suggested image is fine to use if you first upload a larger version of it to our wiki.

I have added your new image to Morbius' VSBW profile page.

Back