• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm with Bambuu when saying that some of these files seem salvageable, if the related users are willing to work on them.
R&C is a relatively famous verse, and especially that should require people to work on it, I don't think that these poorly made files with guesswork stats should remain if no one is going to fix them.

Hmm. It is not good if even our Imgur links start to disappear. Have you tried watching them by redirecting to the United States via a VPN? Europe often tends to block them otherwise, for example.
I live in the United States.

I'm with Bambuu when saying that some of these files seem salvageable, if the related users are willing to work on them.
R&C is a relatively famous verse, and especially that should require people to work on it, I don't think that these poorly made files with guesswork stats should remain if no one is going to fix them.
Thank you for helping out.
I live in the United States.
Okay. Then the Imgur images seem to have disappeared for real, which is not good of course. Is this a common problem?

Houyi.
A barebones profile (No, none of his abilities are unique, they're universal stuff that pretty much every character in the verse has) for a character that's only mentioned like once in the verse. He has an impressive cosmic feat, but none of the cast scales to it and the ones that would are a tier far higher than his star-destroying-stuff. Just remove it.

Two characters scales to him on their profile, but that feat can easily be removed from said profiles and it wouldn't affect much.

Actually requesting a deletion of one of the profiles that scale to him, because it's a profile for a character who is mysterious and nobody really knows anything about.

Ratchet and Clank either needs to be revised or deleted for the simple fact pretty much every profile is complete and utter shit, I could revise it but I already have a few other verses I still need to get around to unfucking and/or revisising, and R&C, a verse I've hardly played(one game I ever forget which one) or watched(just random shit), isn't high on my bucket list of shit to do alongside my other activities.

To give you an idea on how shit some of the files are, Dr. Nefarious is Unknown for harming an 8-C and killing a dude who apparently survived a 5-B explosion.

Edit: the building level is straight up guesswork!
I can try and salvage the Ratchet and Clank verse but it will take a while. I'll move it's priority to the top of my list since all the verses I'm working on are at least decent.

So which pages that have been suggested recently do you all think are fine to delete here?

Houyi.
A barebones profile (No, none of his abilities are unique, they're universal stuff that pretty much every character in the verse has) for a character that's only mentioned like once in the verse. He has an impressive cosmic feat, but none of the cast scales to it and the ones that would are a tier far higher than his star-destroying-stuff. Just remove it.
Disagree with this being deleted, the page is even cited for Christ's sake. Someone wanted the profile, it is well made and harmless. Leave it.

Actually requesting a deletion of one of the profiles that scale to him, because it's a profile for a character who is mysterious and nobody really knows anything about.
Also obviously disagree with deleting this.

Captain Falcon (not the one you are thinking), barebones file without any scan and nearly gesswork statistics.
Newer user, but active. The page isn't beyond saving, though. Maybe just reach out to 'em, see if they can provide proof of the feats which can then be calculated, and add references. Definitely salvageable.

Houyi.

Two characters scales to him on their profile, but that feat can easily be removed from said profiles and it wouldn't affect much.

Honestly as much as I do think these pages have issues, they're basically the same issues a lot of other Touhou pages have (god physiology is a mess rn). Lack of appearances isn't a huge issue when these characters have somewhat significant roles in the lore.

Honestly I should probably go back and rewrite some old deleted Touhou profiles eventually, if nothing else, they at least have unique lore worth indexing.

Newer user, but active. The page isn't beyond saving, though. Maybe just reach out to 'em, see if they can provide proof of the feats which can then be calculated, and add references. Definitely salvageable.
Fix the profile's verse link. There is no link to the verse, tho.

Schera Zade seems fine. Scans aren't a requirement to exist. The calc can be evaluated, deletion is a vast overreaction.
Uhh, what? If profiles upon creation are required to have scans, why aren't they required when deciding to stay? Sounds kind of counterproductive to have a wiki that supposedly revolves around indexing characters but doesn't provide scans. And the calc can be evaluated, sure, but the problem is that it wasn't so might be people don't even care to fix that. (And would also yield vastly lower results if the comment is correct, idk), as well as speed being pretty vague since I'm pretty sure feats mentioned there would need calcs too. I don't think it's overreaction at all.

But I guess we should contact one of the supporters if they care to improve the profile. That's my take on it, others can decide IG.

Apologies, by the way. Aside from the usual business of real life, I find that threads often just un-follow me without me ever realizing.
It is common if a user (like me) follow too many threads. The system still shows that you follow the thread, but some of the threads do not notify when it has a new reply until you click the thread again.
Houyi.
Honestly as much as I do think these pages have issues, they're basically the same issues a lot of other Touhou pages have (god physiology is a mess rn). Lack of appearances isn't a huge issue when these characters have somewhat significant roles in the lore.

Honestly I should probably go back and rewrite some old deleted Touhou profiles eventually, if nothing else, they at least have unique lore worth indexing.
Actually, I agree with deleting Houyi as it seems that Touhou Project Houyi lack enough backstories to construct a profile.

Deleted the page and left a warning on his wall.

It's back

Actually, I agree with deleting Houyi as it seems that Touhou Project Houyi lack enough backstories to construct a profile.
That's not really a requirement for a profile, though. He has a pretty important (albeit indirect) role in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, and he certainly has more lore than characters like Koakuma, Daiyousei, or Kisume, so I see no reason to delete the page.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here. 🙏 🙂

Sooo let's see.....

There are no calculations to back up the tier or speed of the only 3 characters that have profiles, there are no scans to back up the abilities or even references, the creator of the verse has been inactive for years and so far there are no references. So @Naitez may help here tho has been inactive for months in the wiki and a month in the forum.

Well, 9-B statistics do not necessarily need calculations as long as self-evident feats are referenced.

Well, 9-B statistics do not necessarily need calculations as long as self-evident feats are referenced.
So we are going against the rule on our Attack Potency page.
Tiers between 9-B and 3-B, even those which do correspond with their namesakes, should not be assigned unless there are accepted calculations, multipliers, and/or reliably stated precise Joule values that correspond with those ratings

Oh, it should have said 9-A and 3-B as far as I am aware. I think that a mistake was likely made.

Yes, it seems like @Agnaa changed what I added in this regard:

I will change that small part back to how it was before.

There are many, many missing abilities and keys. It's incredibly barebones and has no scans, references, etc.

It's funny because the Notable Attacks section lists techniques and abilities that are just... absent from his P&A.

There's no calculation for durability. Bad reasoning for superhuman speed (Which is itself a hilarious downplay). No explanation for him being 9-C. No split between the time skips in his story.

Sigh, there are so many problems here. Should just be axed.

Problem is, wouldn't you also have to delete the verse as well considering that's the only profile made for it? It has calcs and everything, but a verse page without character profiles is just pointless.

There are many, many missing abilities and keys. It's incredibly barebones and has no scans, references, etc.

It's funny because the Notable Attacks section lists techniques and abilities that are just... absent from his P&A.

There's no calculation for durability. Bad reasoning for superhuman speed (Which is itself a hilarious downplay). No explanation for him being 9-C. No split between the time skips in his story.

Sigh, there are so many problems here. Should just be axed.
Actually, the verse itself needs a lot of rework, only one character and the verse has been shown more than 5 characters at least (why the antagonist is not even here? He is very OP and got tons of interesting abilities?)

Characters and verses get pages because the users like them or want to make profiles for X character and Y verse. It's not something mandatory to do. Just because Z character from Y series has op powers doesn't mean it must have a page. Its something you or something else does because they want.

Ionliosite had a blog/sandbox for Rudeus and I think other characters which followed the Web Novel and its volumes with references/scans but as he's not active anymore the project is likely dead.

Characters and verses get pages because the users like them or want to make profiles for X character and Y verse. It's not something mandatory to do. Just because Z character from Y series has op powers doesn't mean it must have a page. Its something you or something else does because they want.

Ionliosite had a blog/sandbox for Rudeus and I think other characters which followed the Web Novel and its volumes with references/scans but as he's not active anymore the project is likely dead.
I was not really against it… But the verse needs rework, there are a lot of other characters in the series.

Back