• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can handle them later (As long as they arent locked), but If you want you can delete the power right away.

I would still prefer to merge animal and insect manip. maybe asking Prom would be better (She created the page)?

Talking with Promestein is best, yes.

"Insects aren't animals"

Except they are?

Also generally, a single member creating an ability page and adding it to many profiles without consulting with other members isn't a good idea.

Insects are under the domain of Animalia though.

They are a complete phylum, meaning they are just below a kingdom (Ex. the animal one, which they derivate from as Wok said)

I mean yeah, I should've phrased that better. But under animal manip you usually fall under, vertebrate, and it would be kinda confusing to mix them with invertebrates.

I sent prom a message on discord and she said she didn't care either way. I could post a screenshot of that in a little bit if you want.

Insects are by far the largest group of animals, yes, but they are far from being the only invertebrates, or even the only arthropods.

I'm also neutral on merging Insect manipulation with Animal Manipulation, but I do need to note that Fire, Electricity, Water, Ice, ect are all sub categories of Elemental manipulation which have seperate profiles. Especially water, Ice, and steam are technically the same thing just temperature/state of mater difference. Then again, Insect Manipulation is a sub category of Animal manipulation, but same with people who specially have Dinosaur manipulation or Shark Manipulation.

Merging Catoptromancy and Clairvoyance is something I do agree with though.

The difference is that there is no objective criteria on what constitutes some sort of mystical element, whereas there I'd actual criteria for what an animal is. Iirc elemental manip was made later anyways. It's one of those super broad powers like magic or reality warping that basically anything could fall under depending on the verse.

I don't think shark and dinosaur manip have pages. Some pages may link to animal manip under those names, but that's fine by me.

It's not a huge issue but the only problem I have with merging them is that in fiction, at least 90% of the time, vertebrates and invertebrates are always mutually exclusive. And when people see Animal Manipulation, they don't expect that to extend to worms or something, it just makes things needlessly complicated if you ask me.

I'm not so sure about that one there. Look at how often boned and boneless fish mix with people with that sort of powerset. People with animal manip should just have it specified which animals this stuff works for anyways.

^

Just type "Animal Manipulation|Insect Manipulation" in the brackets, it'll show up as Insect Manip. The page is redundant, and agreed with merging the mirror thing with clairvoyance.

Tony di bugalu, it is not a clone. The other profile is a composite profile of the LN, anime, and Web Novel that is either going to be deleted or turn to a LN only profile because the stories feats and abilities description tends diverges a lot when compare to the WN

I can deal with all the unlocked profiles for Catoptromancy, and just link them to Clairvoyance. However a content mod/admin is gonna need to deal with the locked ones

There may exist a "Catoptromancy Users" category or somesuch that needs to be updated as well.

Okay. Thanks again. The catoptromancy and insect manipulation pages probably need to get redirection links afterwards.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Thanks again. The catoptromancy and insect manipulation pages probably need to get redirection links afterwards.
Glad to help! I redirected the pages as well!

Okay. Thank you for the help. It might be a good idea to incorporate some of the contents of the insect manipulation page as an example to Animal Manipulation.

Delete this please: Akriloth (Composite)

Was using a touchscreen and accidentally clicked "Publish"

whoops hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back