• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt it be better to delete it and pass the source so he can continue the page in the sandbox, as you suggested in his wall.

Apple(root beer boy comic)

This is...bad. Just...bad.

Will also need the bad category removed as well.

Komei's profile is useless, is heavily outdated, doesn't have a single special thing. Keeping him just increases the revisions with no need so please delete it.

..yeah RPC is pretty explicitly an SCP clone and until we've taken a look to see if they are an actual verse/poorly regulated fanfic/etc I think it might be best to shelve that. I agree with Lord.

HierophantDeluxe said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/RPC-286Honestly the verse is just an SCP clone. I'm not necessarily suggesting we delete it, but we already have issues and many debates about canon with SCP. We may want to determine if we should delete it and hold off on adding the verse until it can be determined as vaild? I dunno.
As a frequent reader of the RPC site, I can confirm to you that RPC has a one canon policy. If you don't want to take my word for it or are just really concerned about inconsistent canon/canon conflicts, please read the canon policy.

If you wish to see the rules, see here and the rules here. I suggest reading through a couple of articles before determining whether or not they're well regulated enough.

But I do also suggest we start work on it later.

So should I delete the profile or not?

It seems like there's some room for debate here. It should ideally be resolved here or in another thread before it's decided to delete the page or not.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, delete it
I don't have an opinion either way on whether it stays or leaves, but could you respond to Holy's reasons for why it shouldn't be deleted?

RPC is basically a completely unregulated version of SCP that was made by a bunch of SCP defectors that disagreed with how the site was maintained.

I looked at their site and it seems like they have systems in place for determining canon. You can go look around the submitting an article sections. What say you to this @Weekly?

WeeklyBattles said:
RPC is basically a completely unregulated version of SCP that was made by a bunch of SCP defectors that disagreed with how the site was maintained.
Firstly, your claim that it is completely unregulated is a straight up lie. If you managed to read the sources I provided, if you had read any of the articles on the site or spoken to some of the moderators of the RPC site you'd know full well that RPC is very well regulated.

Secondly, it wasn't made by people who disagreed with how SCP was 'maintained', it was made by people who didn't like that the SCP mods were locking the people's threads because they thought that a transgender Homestuck reading satellite was a bad SCP and that SCP shouldn't be a political site.

Thirdly, It's moved away from the reason it was made, the guy who originally made RPC was removed because he wanted it to be a clone of SCP with a different name. They're also actively moving away from the same naming conventions and similar formats that categorise SCP.

Also, you didn't respond to any of my points.

Don't be hostile towards Weekly. He cannot be assumed to know everything and then lie if he gets it wrong.

There is a difference between saying "That is incorrect/You are misinformed" and "You are lying", but we are derailing. Let's return to the main topic.

Antvasima said:
There is a difference between saying "That is incorrect/You are misinformed" and "You are lying", but we are derailing. Let's return to the main topic.
I agree, me saying weekly was lying was inappropriate/incorrect,

I also agree that we should return to the topic at hand

In regards to RCP.

I may be somewhat biased seeing as I have an IRL friend who is part of the site and loves it, but I don't think that deleting the profiles as "just SCP clones" is fair. It's origins are in SCP yes, but it has different systems, different regulations, and most importantly for us, different characters. If all the RCP profiles had was a copy paste of an SCP profile with the S switched for an R, then yes I would say delete it. But its their own thing, with their own creations.

It also won't be creating any issues with working out SCP's canon because it has its own canon and its own universe that is separate from SCP's, so that's not a reason to delete or hold off on making the profiles.

Based on all this I'm cool with keeping RPC. If it is regulated, it's fine.

If Monarch isn't lying about having a friend and about the RCP being its own thing, I'm cool with it too.

I also think that Monarch makes sense.

I agree with Monarch. RPC is its own entity, and is just as, if not more regulated than SCP.

Yes, I think that it can stay.

The squirrel profile is still horrid tough. It is rated plain low 7-C, and than has a 10-C rating normally, and then 9-C and 7-C with aditionap stuff.

Though an edit can correct that, instead of deletion.

Is somebody here able and willing to clean it up?

The Overlord (Frenzy)

Should this profile be deleted? The formatting isn't too bad but the justifications are...well, non-existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back