• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is a thread to report profiles and pages, that users come across, that are sorely lacking in justifications, have poor formatting, are almost empty of content, or are otherwise unacceptable by our wiki's standards.

Please report any such profiles to this thread to see if the profiles are liable for deletion, or if they can be revised with help from the staff or regular members.

It should be noted that while regular users can report poorly made profiles, or make a quick note that they are able to help out with fixing a faulty page, only staff members are allowed to discuss whether or not they should be deleted, as othervise this thread would quickly turn unmanageable from the sheer number of responses.

However, if you would like to contribute to the conversation, please leave a message on a staff member's wall.

Note: It is highly recommended that all staff members subscribe to this thread, by clicking the "follow" button in the upper right corner of this post.

Continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2516252

Regarding the GB profiles. I would also be fine with banning matches for them until LordGriffin is done. I can explain most things in the profile and the main person who gave the hax ideas was User:Lancer45Ma, so you can also ask him regarding those.

But yeah i do agree that GB is a hard verse to decide upon and yes literally 90% of what makes this verse strong happens in the last 2 arcs. So i wouldn't mind if we locked the profiles and wait for LordGriffin to finish. Seems only fair to me. Deleting them seems unnecessary.

It's not a bad profile, but could use some justification albeit simple. Such as (Is just a normal human) listed next to the Attack Potency.

I don't mind that it stays either.

@Bob Fixed the mind hax bit but in the future feel free to correct such mistakes yourself.

Looking at these four profiles, they are extremely similar with eachother and to their original counterpart but with higher and same stats and abilities given from Super, i also thought that similar profiles should be saved in blogs.

Dark649 said:
I think not.
I mean there was revision about adding them as keys but I proposed page with Heroes cannon stats/story rather the promotional anime since could be non-cannon in games.

The pages were made while I was class. Besides, the fact that the anime promotional material are not cannon Found from research) could a Heroes page of Super Goku, Gogeta, Vegeta, and Vegeto page be made as they have been cannon to the franchise for while: https://youtu.be/HwAhIj7SeWA?t=88?

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2749690#46

The Heroes version of the Super char. are not-canon to the Canon Super continuity, so no keys to the canon profiles, also their pages are similar to them sans for stats. Anyway, i said that i'm fine with them saved in a Blog and this is not the thread to discuss that.

These profiles are from characters with no feats, no evidence of powers and those who has been shown fighting have nothing special. It has been agreed that they are useless as the current state of the verse.

Cabaji, Mohji, Jango (One Piece), Nightmare Luffy (this one was moved here), Gol D. Roger (this one was saved in my sandbox in the case that in the future we get input about him) and Sham (One Piece)

I don't know a lot about One Piece but why should those first three be deleted? They seem fine. Others I can kinda get

They give nothing to the verse and were totally obliterated. They have no feats or hax that the characters should scale to unlike Buchi or Hatcha whose feats are useful.

In a nutshell, it's filler.

I mean I dunno we got some filler profiles around here I'm sure, if we just look into them.

Like Great Lee or Spopovich who aren't that much important. A lot of lower tier DB characters are like that. Not like Great Lee gives much to the Dragon Ball verse.

You could probably look at that for quite a few verses, including Pokemon

I disagree with profiles that are here without proper feats or abilities that makes the character special, or characters who are relevant for scaling purposes. That's my argument.

We shouldn't derail, but I'll say that Spopovich has good feats and abilities but Great Lee is trash and IDK why we have his profile.

I just wanted to leave my opinion on why they should be kept. Not every character needs to be special or unique or contribute a lot to a verse. If that were the case many more should be deleted, including most of the Game & Watch verse honestly.

But whatever I guess

I don't think it's worth deleting profiles just because they happen to be "Minor characters." If they at least have some form of fighting capability and their statistics and abilities are reasonable, and the profiles are at least well organized; then there's no reason for them not to be deleted.

This isn't the case. Mohji, Cabaji and Jango had just one relevant fight, they weren't notable fighters at all. They still exist in the canon and are often showed in some panels, but they have no abilities, nor notable feats or fighting styles. Same with Sham, whose fight lasted only a brief moment and he had help from Buchi to be a real threat.

They aren't just minor characters. They are characters whose relevancy lasted a few chapters in BoS in a series with 900+ chapters. That's all.

Mohji was one-shoted, Cabaji was fodderized and the only reason why he was able to harm Zoro is because the latter's previous injuries. Jango was one-shoted and barely did something relevant.

We have threads that are also practically filled in huge series. First thing I can think of is spongebob with The Tattletale Strangler and Dennis the Assassi, they practically never show up after their first episode, and there's hundreds of spongebob episodes...

also if the more would rather I not comment here then I apologize and I'll shut up

Compare those two characters to Mohji and Cabaji. There's a big difference.

Anyway, I'll stop the derail. This has been accepted by supporters and KM of the verse.

I am fine with deleting all the profiles, except for Gol D. Roger, who scales from Whitebeard, and is very important for the story.

The main problem with Roger is that we don't know how did he fight. I saved the profile because I know about his relevancy, but right now all of his powers are unknown, making his profile more assumptions than anything else.

Well, we do know that he was at least as physically powerful as Whitebeard and Garp, but we do not know if he had a devil fruit power. That is all.

I can delete the other profiles if you wish though.

I'm okay with letting Roger's profile anyway.

The other profiles should begone, thanks.

Okay. I will handle it.

No, only one. I accidentally created a second profile for the same character, so I'm just posting them both here

You maybe should had made that known in your post.

otherwise it just sounds like you wanna delete both.

Malls which one should get deleted?

I don't know. The top one is the original, but it isn't that great of a profile, tbh.

The bottom one is mine. I feel like I was able to do the character justice, but again, it's not the original. I posted both here to see what everyone else thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back