• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku is just a guy who punches things and screams to get stronger, that sounds sooooo dumb, he shouldnt be here his profile should be deleted.

See but Goku actually fights people and is from a published work of fiction. Such a character belongs on a site dedicated to indexing characters and debating who would win makes sense and anyone who would deny that frankly would be only fooling themselves. Comparing him to a comedy group that makes music on YouTube is not a 1-to-1 comparison no matter what angle you try to look at it from.

1. All of those are published work of fiction and I'm fairly certain we have tons of characters that we never see fight, if only to document how strong they are/what abilities they have.

2. The "they're dum tho" argument could literally be used from any angle to delete a fair amount of the wiki. Hell, Arrogant, you're responsible for working on Phineas & Ferb of all things, how can you possibly be making the points you're currently making? "They're dumb", "they aren't serious", etc. You've literally already defied your own logic- Thomas the Dank Engine belongs on here just as much as a show about a secret agent platypus or some YouTuber's characters from officially published videos.

We should not feature Youtube personalities that play themselves, but I am uncertain about characters that they play, as long as they are part of a coherent narrative/actual story. If they are just memes, I obviously agree with Matthew that they should be deleted.

@Andytrenom

Given all of the time and effort that I have spent on building this place, I would at least prefer if it has certain standards and doesn't turn into a joke.

None of the profiles provided are "just memes", but I'd struggle to say that NSP is part of a coherent narrative/actual story.

They're a band that first uploaded their music videos to YouTube, as they're music videos they're almost all distinct from one another and don't have an ongoing narrative. In fact, oftentimes large plot points get contradicted between videos (wildly varying numbers for their ages from before recorded history to 500 years go to 40 years ago, stellar objects being destroyed yet appearing again in future videos, zombie apocalypses happening then having never happened, characters dying with no explanation to how they come back, etc).

Well, the entire point of this place is that we should feature characters from actual notable stories that are not fanfiction.

@Ant I'm fine with having standards. I just don't think certain profiles appearing dumb to many people should be a basis for those standards.

No, but they should still be actual characters from actual notable stories, not just stage personas.

Never really argued against that.

If you're referring to Wilford, he isn't a stage persona afaik. He is a fictional character and Mark is just his actor and creator.

The pages that started this discussion were Danny Sexbang and Ninja Bria which, among the other problems with the profiles, are stage personas (given statistics from their music videos) for a band.

So which of the profiles do not fulfill our standards?

Mr. Bambu said:
Hell, Arrogant, you're responsible for working on Phineas & Ferb of all things, how can you possibly be making the points you're currently making?
With extremely casual ease, actually. Phineas and Ferb create all of these gadgets capable of a myriad of hax, meanwhile that secret agent platypus actually fights and has combat feats.

Thomas's whole purpose is moving forward and backward on a linear path and getting things from point A to point B. He has no combat potential and no abilities to speak of, other than the fact that... Vehicular Physiology ...so "he's a train." So again, not a 1-to-1 comparison whatsoever.

Let's not derail please. We should just focus on which profiles that should be deleted according to our standards.

None of them were bad iirc, maybe just needed some cleanup at worst but were definitely not deletion-worthy quality-wise

Okay so it is now about abilities. Which all of the mentioned profiles also have. So...?

Are you... purposefully ignoring/missing my point? No, it's not just about abilities, and it's not just about the combat potential; both those things ought to be prerequisites because otherwise what even is there to index?

Thomas carries people and cargo from one point to another, and he's a train that has equipment which actual trains have to combat cold conditions. Kevin sets up traps in his own house using paint cans, LEGOs, micromachines, and clothes irons which only work because his adversaries are bumbling idiots. Neither of these characters have any superhuman properties or abilities or proper combat experience. They have nothing worth indexing and they require very specific circumstances in order to use them in any sort of "fight."

And they have both.

Thomas has a legitimate AP calc above 10-B. Regardless of anything else he has Superhuman Physical Characteristics. Kevin has Preparation and whatever other abilities. You being an elitist about what abilities classify for being added to the wiki is still incredibly strange to me considering a children's cartoon show whose main antagonist is similarly a bumbling idiot is just fine in your book because you support it.

@Matthew

I have deleted Ninja Sex Party and Filthy Frank.

I am uncertain about Wilford.

Having a continuity of some kind should be established before we make profiles for any verse.

Wilford has a cano continuity of 4 web series episodes and a focused epilogue (non-comedy focused ones btw) with consistent feats being presented in all of them.

The Filthy Frank profile came from the book only, and used feats from the book only, I don't see why that had to be deleted.

@Headless

If Thomas actually has abilities then I don't have quite as big of an issue, but they ought to be on his profile of that's the case.

But anyway, like I said, I'm just one, normal user who's clearly in the minority. I still don't think Kevin, Thomas, the cake, or any YouTubers should have profiles but I'm not changing anyone's mind anytime soon so I'll drop the subject.

I deleted the derailment.

Can somebody ask Matthew to comment here again, as well as in the linked thread? I am very tired.

Regarding Filthy Frank and Filthy Frank, I think these are the reasons why they were deleted- stated on the Editing Rules:

• It is also prohibited to create profiles for fictionalised stage personas for other reasons, whether these have their origins in music videos, educational programs, or otherwise: For one thing, it is inappropriate for largely underage wiki members to discuss which real people that would hypothetically be most capable of killing each other, and for another, a vast majority of these artists are extremely willing to file lawsuits against anybody who uses their brand for which they own intellectual property rights, regardless whether or not these are meant to be used for commercial or fair use purposes. It would be recommended and preferable to avoid adding such profiles to Joke Battles as well.

This should probably be deleted. I don't think it would be impossible to make a profile for "generic self-insert planeswalker", but what we have now is blown way out of proportion, and I can think of no lore reason for "Tim the Planeswalker" or something to be High 2-A just because you can summon the Eldrazi (who are still just projections) in-game.

But the planeswalker does make an appearance in the magic the gathering video games such as the Duels of the Planeswalker series.

The whole concept the planeswalker has also been regarded and mentioned by Wizards of the Coast as well as in the Alpha rule book to be a representation of the player. In fact the whole card game itself is symbolic between a battle of wits between two planeswalkers whom can build a deck using any of the spells in the Magic series. The profile is meant to represent The Planeswalker at full power.

Also, if you are going to argue that The Planeswalker can not be High 2-A because the Eldrazi might be just projections, keep in mind that they can also summon The Ur-Dragon who is consistently High 2-A in their profile.

He isn't disputing that the Planeswalker as the PC is a thing. What he's disputing is the power.

From what I can tell the powers and stuff are pretty good. However, AP is the issue. Firstly, the Eldrazi depicted in the cards are just their 4-A shadows, so that's out. As for the Ur Dragon. Ur Dragon is constantly described as existing throughout and transient of the multiverse, but the card depicts it as just a large dragon near some other dragons. This also contradicts stuff like one part of it's wing covering an entire plane, in the story that described the birth of Ugin and Bolas. As such, it's more likely that what's depicted on the card is a representation of some sort of projection as opposed to the full, 5D+ creature.

The fact that WotC once said that Yawgmoth was too powerful for a card also supports Ur Dragon's card not really being Ur Dragon.

When a page is deleted, he can save the code and give it to you. Deletion wouldn't preclude it's reintroduction after things are sorted out. For AP I'd probably just go unknown for now, my personal view of things puts the PC at roughly 2-A like Oldwalkers but idk how valid it is via lore.

The complete Ur-Dragon is High 2-A and exists throughout the multiverse. The Ur-Dragon on the card is an avatar. Hell, even if it were complete, one card summoned in the game does not suddenly scale nameless, relatively inconsequential planeswalker above things that are a threat to the entire multiverse.

Shouldn't this be a CRT for downgrading the AP rather than a suggestion for deletion then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back