• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why the Warfstache page I made got deleted, as it isn't of the youtuber but a character with consistent feats who isn't a persona?

It isn't a persona but a clear character with definite goals and clear motivations that actually has a plot for him in the recent continuity of videos that are meant to have a narrative.

I have stated in the articles itself that the page was of the MarkiplierTV webseries (which has an overarching plot and the characters scaling from in universe feats) and not just some random vidoes I like..

Pages like Ninja Sex Party and hell, the entire Verse of Steampunk Giraffe get to keep their pages when they literally have barely any continuity.

It isn't like the profile were wanked or unjustified either. It was 10-B for crying out loud with the source for reality hax given in the ******* page itself

My major problem with the profiles is that it is centered around what is essentially a YouTube personality's self-insert fanfiction. And I don't think it is a legitimate piece of fiction that can be featured on our website.

We once deleted Adam Ruins Everything which is LESS intrusive and nearing the guidelines than this.

That is true. Feel free to delete the profile then.

Fanfiction implies that the the characters interact with characters of other inassociated medias, which neither of the characters of which the profiles did, and self-insert is irrelevant since most books feature self inserts anyhow, as well as the fact that the characters aren't representing any real-life individual anyhow.

A legitimate piece of fiction doesn't make sense either as it is completely subjective to what you perceive as fiction. It has a plot, characters with motivations and development of those goals, so yes it is cohesive fiction, that had 5 30 minute skits dedicated to it with an actual arc.

Just gonna throw in my own two cents.

Darkiplier is absolutely a self-insert, same for Anti and whoever else of the "haha this is me but edgy as hell" variety. Doesn't matter if they have a story, it's just the personality's darker alter ego.

Warfstache is a part of a legitimate story created by this personality, however, and does have a continuity and story behind him, albeit short. The character being portrayed by said personality makes no difference, it is explicitly not Mark.

also how is super science friends fanfictio

Hmm. What do you think Matthew?

Super Science Friends's taking characters actual people from different franchises time period and putting them in made up situations where they interact of each other.

The profile I made atleast, of Wilford Warfstache, is literally none of the things you're deleting it for.

Also BTW I find it weird that we don't even allow the user who made the page to justify it's existence before deleting it, because as of now the page is going to deleted for like, 3rd time

so like Fate series and stuff are fanfictions of history, then?

Regardless, I agree. Wilford Warfstache is an actual character with his own somewhat-hazy continuity. Deleting it blindly just because "no lol" is unjustifiable since it seems the only reason it was deleted is who portrays it (would be like deleting Neo because "oh well it's basically just a Keanu Reeves profile") and it is from YouTube, which is equally as pointless of a reason.

Okay. I suppose that makes sense.

Also, I don't know why being a self insert is so wrong either, since Randolph Carter is the most obvious self insert character I've seen, and there are probably way worse examples of self inserts in the wiki itself. Also, as this has been sorted I'll stop derailing the thread

you never saw anything, Jacky

forget what you've seen

lest it corrupt you

You've done the world a service, boyo. Be proud, stand up tall, and go rob a bank to even out that good deed.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Delete Ninja Sex Party please. Not only is it mega-wanked but they are literally comedy meme youtube videos that have no business being on our site. They are unarguably far worse than stuff like Adam Conover and similar deleted profiles like characters from That Guy With The Glasses and whatnot.
I don't think the problems with it are impossible to solve, but when feats are arbitrarily picked and chosen to gloss over the huge contradictions that come with the series, the pages aren't in a good enough state.

i.e. We take feats from videos where they're said to be thousands of years old as well as feats from when they're said to have been babies 30 years ago. We take feats of humping a country to the other side of the world seriously when they're from the same video as them riding a giant nut into the Earth and blowing the whole thing up.

Hell, we take feats from videos where right at the end the joke is that the training they did didn't actually give them any powers, and they get one-shot by random thugs.

We're also willing to take some pretty ludicrous WoG statements that contradict feats, but ignore others (Ninja Bria snapping every neck throughout all of time and space isn't accepted, but other ludicrous WoG statements are).

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah delete Filthy Frank too please maybe and Markplier.

No Youtube Celebrity profiles.
Wilford Warfstache isn't a comedy meme thing, and only uses feats from serious videos, not from random lets plays or whatever. What's the issue with it?

How is that not allowed but The Ginosaji is?

Well, and this could just be me, but I like to think one of our goals is to have people take this site seriously and use it as a reference for VS debates even outside of the site.

I don't know about anyone else but I certainly wouldn't a take a site where Filthy Frank and Markiplier, much as I love them, have profiles seriously.

If the goal is to delete all profiles that could make some people go "wow that sounds dumb" then a lot more pages are gonna need to be deleted than just those four.

But right now that's not what the rules are, so they'd need to be changed to reflect this change in philosophy.

I dont understand why we cant have serious profiles for things like Mark nd Frank. Like, legitimately what makes them inherently unserious other than people just saying that they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back