• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Blackcurrent

First off, weaknesses being unknown isn't a problematic thing. Secondly, this is not the right thread for this. Create a Crt if you just want improvements to a profile and not its deletion.

@Andy it literally is the right thread for this. Him having 'unknown' weaknesses isn't a problem it just makes it look unfinished... @Generic then it should have said justification on his profile instead of nothing...

@Back No it's not. The Deletion thread is for reporting profiles that need to be deleted. Making adjustments to a profile is to be done through content revision threads.

@Andy, it should be deleted because it's a shit profile with zero justifications. Creator can re-post it when it doesn't suck. Also CRT's can only be made by people knowledgeable on the verse? I dunno why it has universe+ ap hence why it should be deleted.

@Black"Crts can only be made by people knowledgeable on the verse"

Not actually true. Anyone can make a CRT about an issue like getting justifications added. It doesn't need you to be knowledgeable on the verse.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_Shiva(Shiva_Puran)

this again.Can someone talk to the page creator and ask him to stop doing this?

I am not entirely sure if Batman (LEGO) should be deleted, it is formatted right but has no elaboration for stats and is overall rather barren. Also, there are 2 Lego versions of Batman.

I'm suggesting the GetBackers profiles be deleted for now.

To quote what I said in this thread:

Regarding Akabane Kuroudo's justifications
On Akabane's page alone:

• Durability Negation, Reality Warping, Power Nullification, Probability Manipulation, Quantum Manipulation and Law Manipulation With Divine Providence (As long as he can't imagine something it cannot materialize. This gives Akabane Immortality, the ability to Nullify Powers and the inability to lose, though not to the extent of Ban Midou. His powers work on the same principles as Quantum Uncertainty where Wave Function Collapse determines the Reality and as such, if he doesn't believe in something then it won't exist and if he does, then the possibility of it would definitely happen)

There is exactly one scan linked, and it doesn't justify 90% of what's said here. Also, since when do we let profiles have "the inability to lose" as a power?

• Body Control (Can Store an absurd number of Weapons in his Body)

That...isn't Body Control.

• Homing Attack (Can Telekinetically Control his Weapons and can make them fly, chase, and attack any Target)

...See above. This isn't homing attacks; it's just Akabane guiding his weapons with TK. We aren't giving Trigon Slade homing attacks just because he can guide his pyrokinetic projectiles.

• Metaphysics Manipulation and Negation (Works on the Principal that no matter what, the Low cannot stand against the High. A powerful Logic user like Akabane can create Logic to overpower the Logic of Reality, this applies to Magic as well as not even it can escape Logic. Akabane is capable of Nullifying Powers, Immortality and even unique traits)

This is basically restating the Divine Providence stuff from before, and is given almost no context. Also, "Negation" was merged with Power Nullification a while back, so that shouldn't be there....Also (again), what the hell is "Metaphysics Manipulation"?

• Fate Manipulation (What imagination shows, determines the fate and in context his imaginations could change fate)

..............What? I just...What?

• [Resistance to] Power Nullification (Initially Tanked Ban's Asceplius attacks that destroyed and could have erased Help)

It would be nice if someone could elaborate on what the hell this is supposed to mean...

• Resistance to--

If his powers is supposed to be that "nothing can affect him if he doesn't believe in it", aren't 90% of these just a byproduct of that, rather than actual resistances? I might actually be able to determine that if there were any context whatsoever.

And that's just what caught my eye despite having never read this series a day in my life. I'm sure there's far more of his page that needs analysis, and the other GetBackers profiles (Ban, The Archiver, The Voodoo King, etc.) appear to have similar problems.
All of these profiles have thoroughly untrustworthy information on them, with a gigantic chunk of their powers having either no context, poor context, or justifications that don't fit with the powers they're supposed to be describing. (Akabane has Body Control for being able to store weapons in his body, The Archiver has Type 5 acausality for creating the GetBackers world and basically showcasing wide-scale Fate Manipulation, et cetera)

Furthermore, LordGriffin1000 has been reading through the series, and according to him, he has yet to come across most of what's on these pages despite having read through close to 3/4 of the series already. And ALRF brought up in this thread that the Archiver's tier is likely to be false as well. Said thread was forgotten about and never actually concluded, despite this being a major issue due to the fact that several random powers are scaled to this thing for reasons that are explained murkily at best.

I would like for us to remove these until LordGriffin is finished reading through the series and compiling the necessary information, because as they are, these profiles are impossible to rely on.

Wide scale deletion is too panicky and excessive. Just do a mass revision instead. If we deleted all the profiles of a verse every time there were potentially a great number of inaccuracies and issues, then we would have a mass deletion every time someone found an old verse that was missing a bunch of information.

The problem with that is that we have exactly three people who've read the series, that I've seen.

One (Firephoenixearl) has admitted that he doesn't even know what to classify Akabane's main power as, and as far as I'm aware, is generally the one responsible for most of the information on the pages.

The second (LordGriffin) hasn't finished reading and compiling feats from the series yet.

The third (ALRF) has a profile that says they're on an indefinite hiatus.

I'm perfectly fine with the profiles being remade once LordGriffin (or even someone else) is done with the series and has scans for all of the feats and info collected. But until then, we're stuck with an entire verse full of downright misleading pages that have almost no sourcing. We've deleted pages wholesale for having these kinds of problems before. I don't see a problem with doing so here, at least until they can be remade properly.

I'm neutral on deleting them. I've specifically stated on the first GetBakers discussion thread that the profiles should not have been made yet and that the verse needed to be looked a carefully because something like this was bound to happen.

Honestly I think for now we just lock all the profiles (which I think is already done) and ban them from VS matches for the time being because the topic about their abilites will continue to come up.

@MrKing Yeah, and we have people who are working through the series as we speak, including myself. With the length of the profiles, it is much easier and cleaner to build off of the skeletons of the previous form then building everything up from square one.

From what I can tell, most of the stuff is fine on the profiles, with the exception of some missclassifications and poor justifications. This like storing stuff inside the body not being body manipulation (which sounds like a minor form of it to me but that's beside the point), can be fixed with a skim through. From looking on the previous thread, it looks like it is up for contention if the ratings are correct or not, but that is not a reason to delete them all.

Well if LordGriffin is willing to remake the profiles, considering he's the most reliable person to do it, and if he's going to do that from the ground up maybe they should be deleted.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Honestly I think for now we just lock all the profiles (which I think is already done) and ban them from VS matches for the time being because the topic about their abilites will continue to come up.
I agree with this.

Getbackers is notorious for being a confusing and misinterpritable verse, and I'd be lying if I didn't suspect something like this might happen when I heard they were coming to the wiki. We probably just need more opinion on it.

If anyone has heard of the getbackers deception from yee early days of the VS community, then they should know that more opinions is better in a matter such as this

Ogbunabali said:
Well if LordGriffin is willing to remake the profiles, considering he's the most reliable person to do it, and if he's going to do that from the ground up maybe they should be deleted.
there is no reason to build from the ground up instead of just building from the functional frame of the previous, and only cutting out the issues.

Can you guys talk about that on your wall or something you're still on the profile deletion thread

He was writing the first suggsverse books before he even got into shit with wanking getbackets, iirc

I'd suggest locking the pages and banning matches.

But I do remember that Fire's had a thread open for a while for any GetBackers questions, why didn't you go there to ask for more scans?

I also think locking them away should be enough. Don't know why we have to resort to outright deleting them

Agnaa said:
But I do remember that Fire's had a thread open for a while for any GetBackers questions, why didn't you go there to ask for more scans?
Probably because I never actually noticed that until now.

Although reading through that thread, it doesn't look like very many actual scans were ever posted there...

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Probably because I never actually noticed that until now.

Although reading through that thread, it doesn't look like very many actual scans were ever posted there...
If he refuses to provide them after being asked, or if he provides them and they don't indicate those abilities, it'd be pretty damning evidence, it's probably worth a shot asking.

Continued here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2745112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back