• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A: Segata is hardly even a meme (At least in the states). Honestly, look up Segata Sanshiro memes, you won't find much. I looked it up and found only two actual memes about him. Mostly Segata is used as the Saturn's mascot.

B: Why should we have such strict standards, anyway? If a character has feats and/or scaling, isn't ****, isn't a fanfic and has official lisensed media about it, why shouldn't we allow it? It's not like having a page for Ronald McDonald is going to make the entire earth say "F*** it, I'm done!" and kill off versus debating. As long as the question of "Who would win in a fight" exists, versus debating is immortal. No fast food clown, gaming martial artist, soda mascot, or even Adolf Hitler is going to stop that.

Well, you might have a point, although this is the wrong place to discuss it. It should be handled in the staff forum.

True. I'll make a page about it later with a clever court-case inspired name. Anyway, that's a discussion for another time.

Yes, but it should be started in the staff forum, so it is best if I or somebody else in the staff handle it.

I have placed the issue on my VS Battles to-do list, but there are quite a lot of items there.

Soldier Blue was kind enough to handle it.

Soldier Blue and Reppuzan handled them.

Someone deleted the Scientists from the Future Profile from Cyanide and Happiness.

Was it low quality? Anyways, i dont see any post about it on this thread.

If a profile is of sufficiently low quality, the staff who notice it can delete it on their own. However, I don't want a big argument about this principle, as you tend to be a troublemaker.

This is literally just an Urban Legend, except disguised as "Modern Mythology", which is nonsense. It should go.

That's not the point. Urban Legends have no concrete canon or anything; just rumors and oral stories. Deciding what is canon or not for something like that would be extremely arbitrary.

Greek myths have no clear canon; writer did whatever the hell they wanted with them. The SCP foundation has no clear canon, yet we allow it. There's precedent to allow it, so...

>Greek Myths have no canon

Most, if not all myths have clearly defined texts related to them. You can read on "canon" texts regarding said myths. You can't with Urban Legends.

>SCP Foundation has no clear canon

Except the entire website with strict rules on what's accepted or not, which is the sole thing determining canon I guess.

Given that it is a strongly established modern myth, I am not sure either way. As mentioned earlier, given pages like this, Chuck Norris, and the SCP Foundation, it may be a lost cause to stop more of them from appearing, and the staff will eventually have to discuss the issue.

@Ant

Both Chuck Norris and the SCP Foundation have a strict canon. Actual text and fiction to read about and which we can judge. There is none of that for Urban Legends. Anyone could come up with new "feats" for the characters, given the lack of authority on canon.

Okay. I suppose that you have a good point. Would you like to start a thread in the staff forum about this issue, as I think that we need to discuss it overall?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Ant

the SCP Foundation have a strict canon.
This is explicitly false by the site's own admission, but it does indeed have canons, which I assume is what you mean. I'm just being clear with some of the semantics.

Yeah SCP i find a bit confusing since they have all these alternate realities and it's hard to know which reality is being featured in a set story.

@Matt It's an officially printed novel and fits for our purposes.

Hellbeast1 said:
Yeah SCP i find a bit confusing since they have all these alternate realities and it's hard to know which reality is being featured in a set story.
We try to keep in the prime reality with alternate realities being set in a different key if there is a significant enough difference for them to be added

It is probably better if somebody starts a staff thread. This one is not intended for discussions.

Antvasima said:
It is probably better if somebody starts a staff thread. This one is not intended for discussions.
For SCP or Chuck Norris? We've already had multiple staff and discussion threads for SCP and im in the process of reworking them

For our standards regarding such pages. Saikou or Matthew might be willing to handle it though.

The verse page seems harmless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back