• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problem regarding a Black Clover calc

So apparently there is an issue regarding the canonicity of this calc.

The issue were brought up by Kuja who explained that the game contradicts stuff from the manga which makes this calc unusable. DMUA also agreed. So anyone who scales to this calc should be downgraded back to whatever they were before.

Yeah I just kinda went along with it because the guy pimping for it was... ugh, and I didn't exactly have a solid counter arguement

Blaintly contradicting canon is a solid one

>Asta and Yuno get their transformations in different ways,

The manga does his own thing, that's why we don't use it

>In the game ver, Yami kills "Licht",

I don't remember of that. A link?

>Vetto never dies

Because it takes place before the Seabed temple Arc where vetto dies

>In the manga ver, Yami kills Fana.

Again manga. Besides, the manga said both Vetto and Fana were resurrected by Karna

I have IRL stuff to do so I'll be back later but nothing contradicting the game so far

Epsilon R said:

>Vetto never dies

Again manga. Besides, the manga said both Vetto and Fana were resurrected by Karna

I have IRL stuff to do so I'll be back later but nothing contradicting the game so far
Yami killing "Licht"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogovPLBDucA 1:15:00

>Because it takes place before the Seabed temple Arc

Here are the problems, both Yami and Noelle have abilities that they shouldn't have before those events.

Besides the actual manga never references any of this QK nonsense.

Yami killing Licht took place in the future. We literally see Yami going to the present one minute after that

As for the abilities (I guess you are mentioning Sea Dragon's Roar and Dimension Slash) they aren't in the game

Epsilon R said:
Yami killing Licht took place in the future. We literally see Yami going to the present one minute after that
As for the abilities (I guess you are mentioning Sea Dragon's Roar and Dimension Slash) they aren't in the game

It doesn't matter where it happened. Yami and "Licht" never had a second fight period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_4KkESmw30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etOuUlHfG-s

I agree with Epsilon, there's no contradiction beyond "but he never did that again", which can be said about tons of abilities, and the mangaka accepted the game as canon anyway.

Can someone list the actual contradictions? If the mangaka claimed it to be canon there needs to be irrepreble contradictions that suggest both cannot co-exist for said word of god to be thrown out.

The only contradictions that stands still are Yami being able to use Dimension Slash and Noelle having her Sea Dragon

Here are some, and Epsilon explaining some stuff about them.

Epsilon R said:

>Vetto never dies

And Yami killing Licht took place in the future. We literally see Yami going to the present one minute after that.

Idk the context of the Yami vs Licht thing.

Did we ever even learn when Yami learned his dark magic? I'm not seeing how that is a contradiction.

Did the actual story of the game take place prior to Noelle learning her water dragon? If not her simply being able to use in the game mode (as in free play) doesn't contradict anything.

It seems it would mostly come down to a timeline of the games vs manga.

Where did Tabata ever say that it was canon? I've read a lot of his interviews and never heard of any about the game.

idk, someone mentioned earlier that he considered the game canon. So I assumed there was some source of that, which is why I asked for it to be posted.

I think you're confusing it for the fact he just kinda wrote the thing

If he just wrote it for the game then this would not be canon. Needs to be some link suggesting it fits into the story. Pretty cut and dry at that point.

I'm personally flabergasted about how this went, but you can't stop the majority even if they're wrong they say...

Ionliosite said:
I agree with Epsilon, there's no contradiction beyond "but he never did that again", which can be said about tons of abilities, and the mangaka accepted the game as canon anyway.
Bring the source of it

Yes but the elves tanked the blast which means it scales to their durability and thus the AP of anyone who can reasonably harm them as such.

Idk what low 7b means.

Back