• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pretty Cure/Precure Discussion Thread

Excuse me please? Im new here, but how i can watch the series? What is needed to watch first, and so on

Im sorry but im a bit confused due to the series list

@SeptianID "Pretty Cure", much like Final Fantasy, Power Rangers, and Tales Of series is one of those long-running franchise where every new installment will feature a completely different cast of characters, villians, story, and themes. It's only the concept of the franchise itself remains unchanged, so there's little to no consequence starting off with any season.

I recommend watching Futari Wa Pretty Cure first just to see how the franchise left it's mark and know the general concept of the series. After that, you can watch any other season in any order you wish. You don't even have to watch all of them since, again, the story and cast are completely different in each season, so it's not like there's a long confusing continuity.

@SeptianID There are various ways to watch it. The very first series "Futari wa Precure" is available on Crunchyroll, but you don't absolutley need to start with the first Futari wa if you don't want to. You can also start with the one that's currently airing which is Star Twinkle Precure (has only 3 episodes so far). Two of the seasons (Smile! and Dokidoki!) have also been dubbed on Netflix under the title "Glitter Force". There's also a handful of some seasons available on "******************" (can't link it because of rules), it's one of the only sites thats hosts full episodes that don't hammer you with obnoxious ads.

Heres a list on wiki on all the series so far

@TGoP Dang, your really powering through the series aren't you?

Haven't started Go!Pri yet, have to catch up on reading and work on some gifs here. But will start by the time March hits.

@TGOP Ugh.....Haru no Carnival. Hands down the worst All Stars movie in the entire franchise. It felt like watching a music video or a music ad.

I'm about to start Fresh in a couple days, and I might rewatch the two Max Heart films and the first Yes movie. My plan for watching Pretty Cure is to watch one season and the associated films, then switch to a season of Gundam (or whatever amount of ovas and films equals about 52 eps), then back to Pretty Cure. Just don't want it do get dull by bingeing it.

Just finished watching the first two Max Heart films, and I wanted to provide what I could for scaling the forms for each film. No headcanon numbers, but will make some assumptions and will make comparisons to the first Baldez fight.

Golden Powers:

The Witch was able to reverse the Marble Screw Max on the Cures, though this seems to be more through the technique she used rather than pure power like Baldez when he slapped it away. This is supported as the Cures were actually able to push her in hand-to-hand combat before being overwhelmed. Cure Black was even able to hit her so hard as to give her a weak spot later when she powered up.

Due to this, I'm under the assumption that the power up that the Golden Power gives is less than that of the Extreme Luminario, which would also mean it is less powerful than the Sparkle Bracelets.

Know for sure: Marble Screw Max < Golden Powers

Assumptions from scaling: Marble Screw Max < Golden Powers< Extreme Luminario

It is possible that the Golden Powers are stronger, it's just, presented with the movie itself and no outside guides, this was what I was able to see it as.

Power of the Phoenix:

Freezen & Frozen were able to take the Marble Screw Max Sparkle as if it were a joke (The Cures did have a fight, so it likely wasn't as strong as normal, but still relative) and were able to essentially one-shot a refocused Cure Black and Cure White. (Quick side note, there Freezing Blizzard was able to match the Phoenix form version of the Marble Screw Max which shows just how strong their attack is)

If we use the fact that Baldez was able to slap a Marble Screw Max and was equal to the Extreme Luminario, than we could say that Freezen & Frozen would at least be equal to a Sparkle Bracelet version of Extreme Luminario (though likely stronger). With the Power of the Phoenix, the Cures are able to dominate these two in melee and their version of Marble Screw Max Sparkle overpowered the Freezing Blizzard. We could even use the second Baldez fight and assume that the Phoenix forms are like a Marble Screw or Marble Screw Max on top on of Sparkle Bracelet version of Extreme Luminario

Know for sure: Marble Screw Max Sparkle < Freezen & Frozen< Phoenix forms

Freezing Blizarrd= Phoenix Marble Screw Max

Assumptions through scaling: Sparkle Bracelet Extreme LuminarioÔëñ Freezen & Frozen<Phoenix Forms

Phoenix Forms~Marble Screw Max on top on of Sparkle Bracelet version of Extreme Luminario

Once we start finding out how strong each beam attack is, then we'll be able to start seeing numbers and probably even isolate the Phoenix form (Golden forms would be more difficult for a complete upper limit if you don't take to my scaling).

I rather you not make it since every Zakenna is different in terms of size and power. Their strength are also dependent on the summoner. It would be better if we make a page on the actual characters instead.

Remember the end of Princess episode 21, where they (presumably) fall into the ocean, and are just fine? In episode 26, Aroma displays high-speed cross-country travel.

So, how did you all get into Pretty Cure and Pretty Cure power scaling?

For me, I randomly came across the first series (may have been listed on the recently added page of an dubbed anime site) about a year or so before Glitter Force was announced. Watched the first episode and I just liked the way it looked. I was watching other shows at the time so it was a month or 2 before I continued the series.

As for Power scaling, I started watching Seththeprogrammer (I think it was the Goku vs Superman debunk videos, if not than one of the debunk vids) which got me into power scaling and near the end of 2018 I began to wonder about the power of Pretty Cure. Didn't find a lot at first (just fan polls or tribute music videos) unitl I found this thread.

@SuperSaiyanKieran I got into it back in late 2012 through Yes! 5 when I saw it being used ithis specific video @3:44, and it began from there.

Got into the whole power analyzing in 2013/2014 when I found OBD, but it was dying during that time. Then came in here the following year. Precure had some profiles, but there were only 1-2 people knowledgable and most, if not all calcs and feats that were linked were damaged and/or become lost so the staff deleted the verse as a whole.

But now we're here, making Precure relevant again ~ ƒæì

Taking a quick break from my studying but I got into Pretty Cure after watching the dub of Smile Pretty Cure called Glitter Force on Netflix. I really enjoyed it and at the time, I didn't even know it was called Pretty Cure nor did I know what it was until the comment sections of the YT videos started going back and forth on the name of the franchise and its characters. I watched it again in its original content and followed suit in being a fan.

Ask for how it started coming back on VSBattle, I kinda played a part on that. First, I made a CRT on the Smile season and then an entire home page for the season and its characters. After Kirakira's run while watching older seasons, I made a CRT on that season as well and updated the character's pages. Then, I just made an entire page dedicated to the franchise itself, combining all the Cure pages that existed so far while removing the individual home pages for each season after seeing other franchises that follows a different story and set of characters in each installment doing so such as Power Rangers and Final Fantasy. And well, here we are....

Possible Speed feat for the Fresh Cures (who we need to add profiles for). Episode 28 of Fresh Pretty Cure has Cure Peach move faster than a camera flash. It is a little unclear when exactly she started moving, but still notable.

Side note: I'm really enjoying Fresh Pretty Cure. So far it has ranked above both Yes 5 seasons for me and is just under Splash Star.

Well, I just finished studying (And rearranging a page for a character.) I'll probably give the rest of the Smile Cures the same treatment but that's going to be for a long while because making them were exhausting.

Btw, I just re-watched the Heartcatch, Smile, and DokiDoki movies. The former two reminded me why I enjoyed them so much. Same can't be said for the latter, quite the opposite tbh. Seriously, I wonder how Squidward would feel about the "antagonist"?

Oh, anyone got anything on Happiness Charge?

I just realize something....Nico, Demon King, and Ultra Cure Happy has Plot Manipulation in the Smile Movie. Nico casually screwed with the plots of the fairy tale characters' repsective tales, Demon King completely refrained them from having an ending at all, and Ultra Cure Happy not only restored the plot but made it happy tale again.

Back