• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powers & Abilities Evaluations Thread

Does it grant anything beside ice manipulation ?
"However, I gripped the Starblade and stepped forward. Golgoth was not using magic now; he was exerting the force of his essential being; that extreme coldness was part of him, and the Starblade offered no protection against that."
I don't know the fiction in question, and I get the impression that the ability circumvents something that the Starblade can do, but your message doesn't fully tell me what the Starblade can do. In my perspective, the evidence seems to imply that the Starblade can protect against magic specifically, but due Golgoth's ability not being magic and instead being a natural extreme coldness, the Starblade's protection is useless. That isn't because the extreme coldness has potency layers or anything like that, it's simply a non-magical ability and thus something the Starblade doesn't protect against. So, if there is no further context suggesting more, then the ability is just extreme cold.

I don't know the fiction in question, and I get the impression that the ability circumvents something that the Starblade can do, but your message doesn't fully tell me what the Starblade can do. In my perspective, the evidence seems to imply that the Starblade can protect against magic specifically, but due Golgoth's ability not being magic and instead being a natural extreme coldness, the Starblade's protection is useless. That isn't because the extreme coldness has potency layers or anything like that, it's simply a non-magical ability and thus something the Starblade doesn't protect against. So, if there is no further context suggesting more, then the ability is just extreme cold.
Ok
And you're right the Starblade has several power but the important one here is that it grant resistance to magic and things that have a magical origin.
I just thought that the wording on Golgoth's power was weird.

More context is required:
What form did the core have?
What were the cosequences of its destruction?
General info that might interface with this?
  • There's not an answer to the first one.
  • We are told by a character that our goal is to "shut these games down for good and retrieve the code for the discarded characters" which suggests that destroying the games core is the shutting down part.

Back