• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powers & Abilities Evaluations Thread

The boy, Bran Stark, has the ability to send his consciousness through time to see events of the past, present and future. In the scene, he was seeing an event from the past where the Night King (the blue guy) appears, who is able to see and touch Bran's consciousness. When he touches him, it affects Bran's physical body in the present, leaving a mark with which the Night King of the present is able to always know Bran's location.
In a previous thread I was told that the Night King would have Clairvoyance for always knowing Bran's location and Biological Manipulation for leaving the mark on Bran's body. The Night King would have any other ability? Something like for example Non-Physical Interaction for interacting with Bran's consciousness?

The boy, Bran Stark, has the ability to send his consciousness through time to see events of the past, present and future. In the scene, he was seeing an event from the past where the Night King (the blue guy) appears, who is able to see and touch Bran's consciousness. When he touches him, it affects Bran's physical body in the present, leaving a mark with which the Night King of the present is able to always know Bran's location.
In a previous thread I was told that the Night King would have Clairvoyance for always knowing Bran's location and Biological Manipulation for leaving the mark on Bran's body. The Night King would have any other ability? Something like for example Non-Physical Interaction for interacting with Bran's consciousness?

Bran would get a hyper specific form of time travel with astral projection (of sort)

The knight king will get ESP, clairvoyance is slightly different. And yes, NPI too. Although I am not seeing any bio stuff.

Bran would get a hyper specific form of time travel with astral projection (of sort)
Astral Projection page only mentions separating one's soul or spirit, would the consciousness also count?
Although I am not seeing any bio stuff.
I think Biological Manipulation was because the Night King left a mark on Bran's body that cannot be removed. If it isn't that, what other ability could it be?

That's so ******* specific, holy crap.

Astral Projection page only mentions separating one's soul or spirit, would the consciousness also count?
Yeah, it's a hyper specific form of it
I think Biological Manipulation was because the Night King left a mark on Bran's body that cannot be removed. If it isn't that, what other ability could it be?
I think curse manip.

But why do you or others think biology manip? Doesn't really seem fitting

Nah, why limited? It's full on - just a hyper specific form of it. But make a note of it when describing the ability. Might wanna add that it's not combat applicable

I have another weird scene from GoT and Bran

In the scene Bran was having a normal dream until another boy (Jojen Reed) entered into Bran's dream and was able to talk to him, Jojen in later episodes would find Bran in the real world. A raven also appears in the dream, which is also another human (the Three-Eyed Raven), which is capable of appearing in Bran's dreams as an animal or in his human form. What abilities would these characters have?

Dream Manipulation for the birdy guy. Maybe some form of clairvoyance since he knew about him to enter his dream (?).

Illusion creation can be be argued for the birdy guy too.

Got a few minor Touhou abilities I was curious about while finishing up a revision. This is mostly just double checking stuff I was unsure of, nothing too complicated.

unknown.png

Reimu's ofuda can destroy enemy projectiles. I'm not sure if this is considered a form of limited EE, power null, or something else.

unknown.png

One of Yukari's spell cards sucks opponents in. Is it accurate to call this gravity manipulation?

unknown.png

Is fearing someone due to an established reputation a form of social influencing?

unknown.png

Komachi can convert the value of an opponent's life into physical money; Not sure if this is creation, transmutation, or something else.

Joon can forcefully expel someone possessing someone else and in doing so removes white health (the health you regenerate in fighting games) and prevents switching for a time, which may be regen negation and power null?

EDIT: One more, Youmu can cut streams of energy.
unknown.png

Last edited:
Some form of time travel ig

Got a few minor Touhou abilities I was curious about while finishing up a revision. This is mostly just double checking stuff I was unsure of, nothing too complicated.

unknown.png

Reimu's ofuda can destroy enemy projectiles. I'm not sure if this is considered a form of limited EE, power null, or something else.
Limited power null
unknown.png

One of Yukari's spell cards sucks opponents in. Is it accurate to call this gravity manipulation?
Define suck. Can be absorption too. But the description is too vague so hard to say.
unknown.png

Is fearing someone due to an established reputation a form of social influencing?
I wouldn't personally count it as such.
unknown.png

Komachi can convert the value of an opponent's life into physical money; Not sure if this is creation, transmutation, or something else.
Transmution and limited life manip - however, the latter depends on how exactly the feats get done. Although the scan doesn't explain much so just transmutation.

Joon can forcefully expel someone possessing someone else and in doing so removes white health (the health you regenerate in fighting games) and prevents switching for a time, which may be regen negation and power null?

Possession negation, that's it.
EDIT: One more, Youmu can cut streams of energy.
unknown.png
Energy manipulation

Define suck. Can be absorption too. But the description is too vague so hard to say.
Idk, that's all the context I have. All the available footage I can find uses the move at point blank range so I can't really determine if it sucks things in from a distance, though I could maybe ask another supporter to gather their own footage.

Thanks for the help with everything else, though.

Darkness manip and power null

I don't know the relevance of the last one, can you explain?

Just means he destroyed his core?

Also can you use something other than Google drive? Since it automatically shares people's emails and names so... I am not logged in but still, some people might not want that
I am stuck with google drive for now

I am not clicking on a Google drive link lol - at least not on my pc rn. Can you reupload it to Imgur?

Huh this seems like a useful thread.

Been struggling with this one for a while, in Zelda there's this special blue fire that can melt ice that is so cold that normal fire has no effect on it whatsoever, but the issue is that the blue fire doesn't melt the ice because it's really hot but rather because of how cold it is. How would we treat something that is so cold it can melt things fire can't?

Back