• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Nullification, Resistance Negation, and Negation

Are we collapsing the Resistance Negation into it or not?

I wouldn't. Because as far as I can tell, resistance negation is usually used to describe resistance piercing or bypassing and not just nullification.

Yeah. There is a difference between saying "you no longer resist fire manip" and "I can burn you despite you resisting fire manip"

The previous is obviously power null, where as the latter would not be. But the latter could be called resistance negation so long as it is not simply over powering it

See, that's completely subjective and both types of abilities - maybe not this exact context - have fell under and are classified as Power Nullification on our pages already.

Ignoring a power and nullification of that power are 2 different things. To say that Ruler can negate attack reflection just because he is able to return projectiles that have been reflected, thus ignoring it, is flat out wrong.

It's like calling non-physical interaction intangibility nullification.

"To say that Ruler can negate attack reflection just because he is able to return projectiles that have been reflected, thus ignoring it, is flat out wrong."

I have absolutely no idea how you could possibly come to the conclusion that that's what I'm saying at all.

The second thing is a more reasonable counterpoint. You're right, but it's not like I was arguing against leaving the Resistance Negation page anymore anyways.

I think that the rename was rejected due people knowing more the term Power Null rather than Negation (another name for Nullification), unless what was rejected was allowing the page of Negation rather than Power Null and renaming is still an option.

No that was done because Power Null was in more profiles. But we can just redirect the pages anyway so that we won't need to do any fixing.

Back