• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Warframe Upgrade or Supporting Feat

Firephoenixearl said:
Well since both "shatter" and "extintion" are applicable. We can just settle by votes or "at least, likely". I don't mind either way. The only problem is that anything from a 60miles wide asteroid to the moon. Both would bring extintion without shattering it? Should we just go for the 60miles one?
I dont think likely is needed, splitting apart the Earth without breaching it's GBE is perfectly feasable with 5-C amounts of energy. So anything that reaches 10,000km meteor or whatever is not needed either.

Firephoenixearl said:
That's incorrect.
If it doesn't breach the GBE it won't split the earth. That's what GBE means in the first place.
No it wont split it without it coming back together, but it would definitely crack the earth enough fo rit to be called shattered.

As i said, even the moon crashing (low 5-B). Wouldn't "shatter" the earth. It would just turn it into a sea of magma. Also i researched a bit and to wipe out all life on earth you'd need:

It's going to take a small moon, or dwarf planet such as Pluto to annihilate all life. To do this you need to boil the oceans, and turn the entire crust into magma. Any dwarf planet would do the Job. If the object is large enough that it is "rounded" by its own gravity, it's large enough to boil the oceans if it strikes Earth.

^^^

This gives High 6-A btw.

Is the disagreement here regarding the meaning of "shatter" being used? Like shatter could mean literally shatter the planet or just shattering the tectonic plates?

Firephoenixearl said:
As i said, even the moon crashing (low 5-B). Wouldn't "shatter" the earth. It would just turn it into a sea of magma.
Yes, that is enough to be considered shattering, if these guys want it cleansed and renewed High 6-A is enough, exceeding the GBE is far above the requirements.

Firephoenixearl said:
Shattering means turnings something into a sea of magma? What?
If the moon on pluto was to hit the planet the ground sure as hell would shatter before magma becomes even a problem and dont ignore the rest of what I typed.

Yes but part of the ground shattering wouldn't really mean "shattering the world". And i didn't ignore it. You just agree with my quick calc on that (High 6-A for turning it into magma/wiping all life on earth).

Firephoenixearl said:
Yes but part of the ground shattering wouldn't really mean "shattering the world". And i didn't ignore it. You just agree with my quick calc on that (High 6-A for turning it into magma/wiping all life on earth).
I am pretty sure it would, shattering the world does not automatically jump to exceeding GBE, I am more inclined to think that it is simply surfce wiping especially when the point is to cleanse the world not to destroy it entirely.

Lemme run some quck maffs. So Wiping all life as i said above my calc gives High 6-A (6.3 x 10^26 Joules)

To shatter earth, it is assumed earth actually survived a crash with something the size of mars before without fully breaking. So we'll assume that. Hmm, it is still High 6-A (about 1.4 x 10^28joules).

Ok then fair enough. We can just have High 6-A.

So what are the conclusions here and why?

No conclusions yet as ppl have yet to agree to my last post.

So if everyone agrees to my last post then we agree on High 6-A Warframe. It doesn't matter whether we take Earth destruction or life wiping the result will still be High 6-A.

We all agree that the 5-B was due to me missinterpreting part of the feat.

As for the pulverization, if rocker agrees then we'll have an agreement on High 6-A. I will make the blog for the High 6-A calc if everyone agrees.

As for the arguments for and against, they were:

Against: Atlas didn't do it alone. And "he struck a weak point".

For: The rumblers didn't contribute to the pulverization (which is what the feat calcs). And striking a weak point doesn't contribute to a pulverization calc.

The against arguments were from Rocker. I do not know if he currently agrees.

TL;DR
If Rocker agrees with my last post. Then i will make the calc for the feat which will yield High 6-A. Once that is accepted the upgrades can go through.

I'd prefer a life-wiping meteor dust low-end compared to a "total destruction/shatter" high-end to be calculated and reviewed, but I am in agreement of the feat being usable, High 6-A or not.

We dont get High 6-A warframe..

Or maybe we do depending entirely on the mass of what would have struck the planet.

Again no one is scaling from the destruction of the planet. Or this would be like the 5-B thing all over again. My argument against 5-B had nothing to do with whther it life wiped or destroyed the entir eplanet but everything to do with Atlas not scaling to the meteor's KE but scaling to the destruction of the weakened meteor

Atlas can only scale from th epulverization of the meteor since he did not face the KE head on.

And again we do not know how much the original attack on the weak points reduced the power of the.

But what needs to be done, is to find out the mass of the meteor and then to find out the energy required to pulverize it.

Rocker1189 said:
Atlas can only scale from th epulverization of the meteor since he did not face the KE head on.

And again we do not know how much the original attack on the weak points reduced the power of the.

But what needs to be done, is to find out the mass of the meteor and then to find out the energy required to pulverize it.
Agreed.

We have no way of knowing how much impact rumblers provide when it comes to the scope of the meteor and the timeframe, if this is really something you find an issue with then maybe we can agree to disagree. All we know is Atlas' singular strike had dusted the meteorite and the rumblers had minor input, and knowing what we know from the game the rumblers aren't exactly the most powerful.

A remedy to this could be just dividing the value in half, giving 1/2 to Atlas and 1/4 per rumbler if at all necessary I suppose.

Abstractions said:
A remedy to this could be just dividing the value in half, giving 1/2 to Atlas and 1/4 per rumbler if at all necessary I suppose.
We can't apply arbitrary numbers. But let's think this out. To give something like 1/4. We'd literally have to assume the rumblers pulverized a forth of the meteor. Which is not really something you can assume from the context.

Firephoenixearl said:
We can't apply arbitrary numbers. But let's think this out. To give something like 1/4. We'd literally have to assume the rumblers pulverized a forth of the meteor. Which is not really something you can assume from the context.
Except we cant eliminate the rumblers from the equation or there would have been 0 point in Atlas creating them.

The fact is, you are right we cant apply arbitary numbers which is why I personally believe that we all these addtional stuff added in and us trying to guess work around how much the weak points help and anything thing, trying to calc this in invalid.

It has to be FAR bigger. To wipe out all life on earth. You'd need something the size of Pluto. Because it'd need to turn the earth into a sea of magma.

I posted the quote above.

Firephoenixearl said:
It has to be FAR bigger. To wipe out all life on earth. You'd need something the size of Pluto. Because it'd need to turn the earth into a sea of magma.
I posted the quote above.
Can you provide the source for your quote? because 80 percent of life on earth was wiped by a 10 km wide meteor. So my calc definitely does not look wrong right now.

Because you're calcing the size then calcing the energy based on pulverizing that result.

And at least read the link. It's at the end. The quote i posted.

There is a much better answer right underneath him that literally states this:

" Basically, objects in the kilometer range (1/2 mile to a few miles)... very bad. Recoverable, but very bad. Objects in the ten-plus kilometer range (5-6 miles and up)... global massive extinctions. End of civilization. New Dark Age, etc. Objects much over 10-20 kilometers (i.e. much over ten miles in diameter)... pretty much "Game Over"."

Read your sources more carefully and in their entirety.

wait in fact the same guy you quote literally says this:

" A human level extinction level event would require an impact of an Astroid approximately 5 miles in diameter. Again, there are several factors that can change that, a smaller, denser, and faster moving Astroid would also do the trick, but on average any 5 mile wide Astroid would be sufficient.

The Astroid that killed the dinosaurs was approximately 7.5 miles wide, and it surely would be just as devastating to humans now as it was to the dinosaurs.

A 20―30 mile wide Astroid would kill all complex life that doesn't live in the oceans.

A 35―50 mile wide Astroid would kill pretty much everything but the hardiest bacteria."

You cant just cherry pick one part for your answer.

Firephoenixearl said:
Yes, he does say that. Though he replies to human extintion. Not all life (bacteria and other things like that).
Why are we assuming that bacteria and other shit is required to be destroyed as well, life wiping has never added this to the equation and warframe is not an exception.

Firephoenixearl said:
Because you're calcing the size then calcing the energy based on pulverizing that result.
And at least read the link. It's at the end. The quote i posted.
That is not calc stacking at all. That is the only way we can get the result of the meteor required to life wipe a planet.

You are in all seriousness expecting us to calc the pulverisation of pluto or the moon and use that for the meteor? Based on some random guy's quote that has nothing to do with warframe? what is this ridiculous high balling?

Firephoenixearl said:
I mean, if you have any other size that could "wipe out all life". Then sure.
But, i'll let abstraction vote here too.
I have provided a size for a meteor requred to wipe out all life, Instead of just arbitarily saying that the meteor is pluto or moon sized based on a random dudes comment and applying it to a series. That is massively disingenuous.

Any as for the destruction of the 49km meteor I calced it came out to 1.323x10^22 joules or Low 6-B for pulverisation.

Firephoenixearl said:
That's not for "all life". But as i said i'll let abstraction have his say on this.
We never include bacteria in "all life" warframe is not an exception to this rule. And again you are using some random dude from quora as a source.

Firephoenixearl said:
Well normally we assume High 6-A for being able to wipe all life from earth too.
indeed and what I used for my calc is 5.6 x 10^26 joules which is actually above the baseline for a bit and provided by an actual official source with references.

Oh yeah i f-ed up there.

Well ok then i agree. What's the speed you assumed?

Is it even worth calcing this feat then? If anything we can just remove the Low 7-C tier. Seems redundant with 2 Low 6-B feats.

I assumed 72km/s its all in the comment above.

That is if all warframe scale, another big issue I have is with the cross scaling the warframe have. And if Atlas scales to the full destruction anyway espite all the factors that went into weakening it.

So that we can do as much at once, I want evidence that the storm Inaros created convered the entire desert:https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TataHakai/Warframe:_Darude_Remix

this is the quote used:

And so for years we lived in peace and our little dunes were our own to keep. But the sands of peace are ever-shifting. Years later, a plague came to the desert. The Infested.

Desperate, our people called out to sky: Inaros! Inaros! But they could not wake him, and so they were consumed by the ravenous horde.

With all lost, the few remaining villagers gathered in the mourning circle to prepare for the end, when suddenly, a storm rose about them, a colossal spiral storm of sand, piercing the sky!

The villagers huddled, trapped within the storm's eye as the beasts charged them. In moments, the beasts were torn apart and the Infested plague was swept away, never to be seen again. As the storm subsided the people ventured out into the desert, hoping to catch a glimpse of their saviour, their beloved Inaros."

"They found his glorious metal body, broken and still, lying in the sand. Did they mourn? No. They knew his spirit had returned to the sky to watch over them once again. They gathered his body to keep it safe from thieves and raiders. They placed the pieces within the Sacred Vessels and entombed them in secret, knowing that one day Inaros would reclaim his body and rise again.

So now my sweet dune, you have no need of fear. Take these grains, and keep them under your pillow. Inaros will watch over you."

Nothing here suggests that the storm encompassed the entire desert, so there must be something missing that states this.

Back