• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Warframe Upgrade or Supporting Feat

With the newly introduced Leverian in Warframe, we're given a lot more lore for new Warframes and Prime Warframes. The Warframe Atlas' Leverian entry is filled with a huge backstory of how he destroys an asteroid that was going to shatter Earth.

The Feat
Earth swelled on the horizon, as the cult mocked Atlas with their chorus: "The stone shall shatter all!"

Across the system, every Telamon echoed that final hymn. Children, as far as Neptune, turned their heads from greasy broth and gazed toward Earth. Would that careening stone change... everything? Atlas kneeled down, head and hands pressed to the ground in apparent defeat as the Telamon's hymn grew even louder.

But Atlas was listening, feeling, the way the stone trembled to the hymn's pitch. The faults within the asteroid became vivid to him... and so a new song rose up. Rumblers. Erupting in a god-like rhythm, beating along the faults until Atlas, alone, struck the final, resonant chord.

A tremor forked through the rock until, all at once, the great asteroid exploded, its dust falling as scintillating rain sparking across the atmosphere, and then... gone.
The Telamon's song fell silent and children, as far as Neptune, turned away and swirled their spoons in greasy broth.

That shit dank, he just punches the asteroid and shatters it.

How Big Was the Asteroid?
We don't really know much of it's size besides that it held battlecruisers and an army on board:

A probe was sent to the asteroid, perhaps seeking proof of divine intervention. It found intervention, though it was anything but divine.

The rock had been fitted with colossal steering thrusters and manning those thrusters, a bevy of well-armed Telamon. Having taken fate to their own hands, they set about a final convulsive dance aboard that rock. Battlecruisers, Orgon missiles, a gale-force of Dax... the Orokin could have resolved this in any number of ways.

What we do know is that it was going to destroy Earth:

Temple Telamon had cast a spell on the indentured masses with a song that heralded the coming of a great stone destroyer. A god who would shatter the world and lead them to a great rebirth. The Orokin mocked the cult's off-key singing, their spasmodic dancing, but the spell only grew stronger. Telamon broadcasts would oft-times wedge into controlled channels to spread their doomsday message.

For the suffocated lower castes, the notion of something more powerful than their Orokin masters must have been intoxicating. A brutal Orokin crackdown seemed to be working, until... an asteroid was detected on a collision course with Earth. The Telamons celebrated it as prophecy writ true. Divine intervention. For the first time in living memory, the Orokin showed vulnerability.

It did not matter that the destruction would be total. For the Temple, this was a sign of a new age.

Imagine its spiralling ribbons as Atlas tore toward the killer asteroid's thrusters. His plan must have been to reorient them and push the rock away from Earth. But, as the story goes, as he neared, the cultists detonated the thruster's footings and sent them careening into space. They were no longer needed. Mass and inertia would carry the rock to its fate.

Earth swelled on the horizon, as the cult mocked Atlas with their chorus: "The stone shall shatter all!"

Across the system, every Telamon echoed that final hymn. Children, as far as Neptune, turned their heads from greasy broth and gazed toward Earth. Would that careening stone change... everything? Atlas kneeled down, head and hands pressed to the ground in apparent defeat as the Telamon's hymn grew even louder.

Is this a potential upgrade or something that could be calc'd to show it as as supporting feat or actually solidify Warframe's tiering since it has such a huge range at the moment due to multiple yields from the one calc we do have from the series?

Here's another quote on the state of the asteroid after Atlas one punches it:

For years, historians felt this 'Tale of Telamon' quite improbable, an artifact of Orokin propaganda-myth.

Then, on our system's outer edge, we found a debris field of small rocks and dust in a lazy elliptical orbit.

I'm guessing it's violent fragmentation or pulverization.

I wanted to mention, would there be any possibility to maybe make an effort to divide the stuff in power and abilities to make it easier to nagivate? As it seems to mostly divide into innate powers, stuff from equipment and then mods.

Know it ain't exactly the best place as this is mostly for this feat, but it was something I was wondering.

Divide it more? Wdym?

Also i will do a thread in the future, to delete all single warframe profiles. And instead have them as part of the operator.

Only Limbo and Loki have all the relevant hax from their powers, equipment and mods and have it divided by sources.

The great majority only have their normal powers and resistances, and only Ash/Wukong even have the other abilities besides their natural ones, and they are wholly unorganized. Is what I meant.

Firephoenixearl said:
Divide it more? Wdym?
Also i will do a thread in the future, to delete all single warframe profiles. And instead have them as part of the operator.
That's pretty misleading, I would be against that. However, this isn't the place for it.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Only Limbo and Loki have all the relevant hax from their powers, equipment and mods and have it divided by sources.
The great majority only have their normal powers and resistances, and only Ash/Wukong even have the other abilities besides their natural ones, and they are wholly unorganized. Is what I meant.
That's because there are 26 profiles to make. It's damn near impossible to update them every time something small happens. Considering the amount of ppl who are willing to apply the changes.

I mean, would just need to make a base with Limbo's or Loki's profile, then copy paste what is already in the profiles (being the image, the description for the character, and the individual powers inherent to the warframe, that all the profiles do seem to have).

Well, it isn't good to leave revisions half-finished.

Antvasima said:
Well, it isn't good to leave revisions half-finished.
Well when it comes to warframe. Most of the pages are like 4 revisions behind.

Due to over 26 warframe profiles alone. I am one of the only ppl who cares to upgrade such profiles, as such it is hard for me to upgrade everything.

I am planning on maybe having all the warframe profiles included into The Operator and have it be done in a clean, non misleading way, so that we can avoid having over 66 almost duplicate profiles. But that will be dependent on how many ppl agree with it. That is why i do not want to add the 5-B changes yet.

I would appreciate if you take the time to finish this revision soon though. You can ask other experienced members for help if you wish.

Antvasima said:
I would appreciate if you take the time to finish this revision soon though. You can ask other experienced members for help if you wish.
Yeah i am asking several members on their opinion on having The Operator and all Warfame pages as a single Page, that way it would be much easier to keep the verse as a whole updated.

Okay. You would need help from the content moderators with deleting the other Warframe profiles and updating all of the pages that link to them though.

Earth swelled on the horizo, as the cult mocked Atlas with their chorus: "The stone shall shatter all!"

But Atlas was listening, feeling, the way the stone trembled to the hymn's pitch. The faults within the asteroid became vivid to him... and so a new song rose up. Rumblers
. Erupting in a god-like rhythm, beating along the faults until Atlas, alone, struck the final, resonant chord.

I would like everyone to actually read the text.

Firstly:

"To calculate this i am gonna use Newton's 3rd Law. The force applied on an object is the opposite of the force the object applies on you. In other words, for Atlas to have punched the asteroid into dust, he would have had to tank it too."

This quote from the blog completely misinterpretes the feat. While attempting to mask the entire feat with bolded specifics of it. The parts that I bolded show a comepltely different story, Atlas did not 1 punch the meteor also newton's 3rd law only works if you meet the object in question head on, which Atlas did not do, Atlas was already on the meteorite. The Earth swelled on the horizon of the meteor. Atlas knelt down on the meteor to feel its faults. And finally Atlas did not do it in one hit, he summoned Rumblers to weaken the meteor significantly first.

What are Rumblers?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Rumblers

These are monsters that Atlas can summon to fight for him.

They weakened the meteor with their attacks before he did the final punch.

Now why does all this matter?

Well there is 0 proof that the meteor was capable of tanking it's own force, even if it could destroy the planet, chances are it would have been blown to pieces itself, for Atlas to scale to the KE he would have to have flown in front of it and stopped it's momentum in 1 punch, non of these things are what he did.

He wont even scale fully to the meteor's actual mass and power since again it was weakened, meaning any calc on it would be completely wrong since we dont know how much it was weakened by.

Finally we are even assuming that Atlas punched it, which we do not know at all, Atlas has earth based powers, this chords are meant to be representative of him causing earthquakes on the meteorite same with his Rumblers.

In other words this entire calc is based on multiple false reasonings with none of the text saying that Atlas flew up and head-on one punched a meteor that was going to destroy the planet.

Hmm, looking at Rocker's explanation, I'm inclined to agree with his interpretation of events.

I suppose that the changes to The Operator page should probably be reverted then.

The other Warframe profiles still have to be updated to fit with our latest revisions before this though.

I will revert it.

The Warframe profile pages still need to be updated so they all have the latest accepted statistics though. Earl said that they are a few revisions behind in that regard.

Are any of the participants here willing to help out with the updates? I would appreciate the help.

Back