• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Upgrade to Arceus' Power Null (Or a mountain of new resistances)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yobo

Im looking through whatever available chapters I can find in english. So far the complete manga isnt translated sadly so either we have to have someone translate the japanese raw chapters or we can only go off of as much as we can find from the english chapters.

I looked through 3 chapters so far. One about the Akane (Red) Eevee, one about Dratini and one about the Dark Chameleon.

After evolving from a charmander into Charmeleon mid-battle against a group of Beedrill, Dark Charmeleon unleashes a barrage of fireballs to get rid of them . Which extremely resembles the Fireball technique on the Eng. Translation of the Dark Charmeleon pokemon card:
Dark Charmeleon Pokemon Card
Next for Akane Eevee. Hitmonlee tries attacking it with a kicking move, but before Eevee can be hit by it, it does a move that prevents Hitmonlee's attack from hitting it, letting it and Akane escape. The Eng version of that exact Eevee Card has the move, Tail Wag, that specifically prevents the opponent from attacking Eevee.

For Dratini, it pulls off a move in it's chapter that seemingly paralyzes it's father Dragonite and other human hunters to get them to stop rampaging. On the Eng. Dratini Card, it's move is wrap, which paralyzes the opponent.

Dratini Pokemon Card
So so far, Dratini is a maybe but Persian, Dark Charmeleon and Eevee are the best examples of this so far.
Eevee Pokemon Card

DMB 1 said:
Another thing: if we were to apply this to Arceus, we'd end up giving a gigantic amount of additions to every Pokémon just because in the card game, even the most basic of moves has additional effects.
Which makes me think that, looking at the previous examples that were listed (Dialga and Giration), right now we are basically applying this TCG thing only to the CT and Arceus just because they are the CT and Arceus.
I think we do it for Darkrai, but otherwise yeah your right. The pages would have to have their abilities pretty upgraded.

I can't even think about how many TCG abilities would need to be added. Someone will have to or should probably do a blog on what abiities the Pokemon TCG provides. I can do it if no one else wants to?

I seen a pokemon card have "omniscience" as an ability, only for it to be described as something not related to omniscience at all. Idk seems fishy.

@Elizhaa well it has to be licensed by the Pokemon Company. It would be illegal to sell them otherwise.

Like, all Madoka merch is licensed by the Magical Quartet, all DB merch is licensed by Toei, all Zelda merch is licensed by Nintendo, etc.

Everything12 said:
Zeifyl said:
This was, by no means, the outcome I expected when I made this thread.
What outcome did you expect?
A bit of back and forth, and then either the upgrade getting accepted or shot down. Not what seems to be evolving into an upgrade of the entire franchise!

Being licensed from the Pokemon Company is the least of the justifications anyway

Like mentioned above:

-The TCG's are made by people who work at Game Freak like Ken Sugimori

-The cards are proven to have their own storylines that show and explain how they come to be in the first place, which has no reason to not fit in the Multiverse

-Game and anime characters appear in the TCG manga. Giovanni in the Persian chapter, Professor Oak being Akane's grandad in the Eevee chapter, and a female protag in another chapter about Pikachu who's very likely an alternate universe version of Yellow.

-The TCG's are made directly based on the games, have the same pokedex info, and in the TCG manga it has game references as well, like children waiting to be 10 to become Pokemon Trainers, Team Rockett existing here, etc. And thats just from the manga chapters i've been able to locate thus far.

TBH, that was all pretty moot until you mentioned the move examples. They're only good as supporting evidence

It is not the first time that Arceus is described as omniscient, his ability in Pokemon Conquest is named Òü£ÒéôÒüíÒü£ÒéôÒü«Òüå (Omniscience and Omnipotence)

NeoZex6399 said:
It is not the first time that Arceus is described as omniscient, his ability in Pokemon Conquest is named Òü£ÒéôÒüíÒü£ÒéôÒü«Òüå (Omniscience and Omnipotence)
Again, it is the description that matters not the name of the ability if not all like attacks/abilties like Big Bang would have been consider to Low 2-C.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Abilities_in_Pokémon_Conquest

His ability: The Pokémon has several different Abilities and can inflict damage upon Pokémon of all types.

One half is from Nobunaga's Ambition its where all the Warlords and other characters are from, well that and real-life history, but I feel that theirs nothing in the crossover that contradicts that Primary canon or prevents it from being part of the Pokemon Multiverse like the TCG, Mystery Dungeon, or the Anime.

Everything12 said:
One half is from Nobunaga's Ambition its where all the Warlords and other characters are from, well that and real-life history, but I feel that theirs nothing in the crossover that contradicts that Primary canon or prevents it from being part of the Pokemon Multiverse like the TCG, Mystery Dungeon, or the Anime.
This^

IDK anything about the Nobunaga series but are the characters that appear in it the actual characters from the Nonbunaga franchise or are they just inspirations?

And Everything12 is right. Nothing in the game contradicts Conquest being apart of the Multiverse. In fact, I do believe its stated in-game that the other regions are acknowledged when traveling in Ransei. That and it would be impossible for Arceus to create Ransei if it wasnt primarily part of the Pokemon Multiverse.

I don't think lacking contradictions or having references to the canon regions would prove its canonicity despite being a crossover. Most crossovers usually reference something from the other franchise, otherwise, it wouldn't be a crossover.

Though regarding the TCG thing, the best proof would probably be Ken Sugimori's involvement. I'm guessing he's involved in writing the major plot process right? I feel like I have to ask since I've noticed people using minor game designers/writers and artists as proof for canonicity at times when it comes to this stuff. Like with GT and Toriyama.

SomebodyData said:
I don't think lacking contradictions or having references to the canon regions would prove its canonicity despite being a crossover. Most crossovers usually reference something from the other franchise, otherwise, it wouldn't be a crossover.
True, but the problem with this here is that literally almost 100% of the games existence is for Pokemon. Besides the game being war based, I dont see any notable differences between this game and that of the regular Pokemon Franchise.

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear the first part.

Well, the issue with Conquest is that's a crossover and a spin-off. Both allow the creators to be more liberal with the plot as they usually aren't canon, even if they fit the tone or genre of the main series. Like for an example, technically Mortal Kombat doesn't contradict Kratos' games but to call it canon is a bit of a stretch. For spin-offs, look at Metroid Prime First Hunt or Link's Crossbow training, also doesn't technically contradict it, but it probably should be proved too.

SomebodyData said:
Though regarding the TCG thing, the best proof would probably be Ken Sugimori's involvement. I'm guessing he's involved in writing the major plot process right? I feel like I have to ask since I've noticed people using minor game designers/writers and artists as proof for canonicity at times when it comes to this stuff. Like with GT and Toriyama.
He's the main art designer for the TCG and his one of the most famous artists for the main games being one the most famous even among the artist who drew the first 151, he also has involvement with the anime being a character designer for it.

Hmm, do you know if he has, in any way, any dealings with anything regarding the canon?

Or maybe someone else who also works with the TCG as well? Trying to avoid bringing up GT and Toriyama example, but it seems I kinda have to here.

Not quite sure who is in charge of deciding what is canon or not, or if their even is a canon in Pokemon, though the best guess for who is in charge of canon is The Pokemon Company considering their its a joint venture of Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures who all own part of the Pokemon IP, and is responsible for licensing and marketing all parts of the franchise, though I doubt they care about canon and whether the TCG is part of it.

Imma leave this thread, just gonna assume y'all forgot the evidence for most of the canon. Gonna talk around and see if I can find the stuffs, if not, well shoot.

SomebodyData said:
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear the first part.
Well, the issue with Conquest is that's a crossover and a spin-off. Both allow the creators to be more liberal with the plot as they usually aren't canon, even if they fit the tone or genre of the main series. Like for an example, technically Mortal Kombat doesn't contradict Kratos' games but to call it canon is a bit of a stretch. For spin-offs, look at Metroid Prime First Hunt or Link's Crossbow training, also doesn't technically contradict it, but it probably should be proved too.
Well, again, IDK the Nobunaga franchise so im going off of my knowledge of Conquest.

And I dont think "tone or genre" is all we're really dealing with here. Even if my first point isnt exactly true, this games primary focus is for using Pokemon to battle, catching Pokemon by forming links, evolving them, training them, and so on. Not to mention Arceus's entire involvement in this game and how he's not only the one who created Ransei, but the world Conquest is in, which perfectly fits with this universe being a legit part of the Pokemon Multiverse.

SomebodyData said:
We do have Crossovers standard; I think it best we used this page for the analysis, SomebodyData.

IIRC Mewtwo is part of Pokemon Conquest, which is really the only contradiction I can think of, since Mewtwo shouldn't be able to exist in that time period. Unless there is something in the game itself explaining why and how a Pokemon artificially created in the modern age found itself all the way back in whatever time period Conquest is supposed to take place in.

ThatDarnFish said:
IIRC Mewtwo is part of Pokemon Conquest, which is really the only contradiction I can think of, since Mewtwo shouldn't be able to exist in that time period. Unless there is something in the game itself explaining why and how a Pokemon artificially created in the modern age found itself all the way back in whatever time period Conquest is supposed to take place in.
Mewtwo have Time Travel

ThatDarnFish said:
Actually no, not a contradiction.

Somewhere in this game it was mentioned that pokeballs and the other regions are acknowledged to exist, meaning this game isnt set in any "ancient era" time period if thats what your thinking,

Elizhaa said:
ThatDarnFish said:
Mewtwo have Time Travel
I never knew! Where does the Time Travel feat for Mewtwo come from, and does it tie into how it exists in Conquest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back