• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Upgrade for the Majora's Mask Bosses (and Link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LephyrTheRevanchist

VS Battles
Retired
MajoraBosses
Yes, they are (possibly) more than Island Level.

This is a point I brought in the other threads but it was possibly glossed over or simply didn't noticed it. We know Skull Kid sealed the Four Giants so they wouldn't try to stop him. What I propose is that the Four Dungeon bosses could be scaled to them, as they are needed to keep them confined. In Anju's Grandmother story, we learn that the Giants told the people of Termina to call them when they were in trouble, and even that one time they did when the Skull Kid (before having the mask) was pranking everyone, feeling alone. So, is extremely likely they tried escaping the seal, but the Four Dungeon Bosses didn't let them. Odolwa, Goht, Gyorg and Twinmold should be as powerful as each Giant to do that. This is something that even makes sense, given that Twinmold fights "Giant" Link.

This last thing might be countered by the fact that Link needs the Giant Mask in order to defeat Twinmold but not the other bosses. But, the problem in that fight is reach. And even then, he doesn't obligatory need it, as he can defeat them using the Light Arrows (same arrows that can hurt Moon to Planet Level Ganon. Think about that for a moment.)

You might say that they are in the temples simply to do Majora's mischief (poisoned waters, freeze the mountain, etc), but Majora could do that without them. And even, we know of multiple examples that it actually did some pranks by itself (the rock blocking Milk Road, Kafei's transformation, etc).

You can inform ThePerpetual about this thread on his message wall if you wish.

The problem is that Young Link defeated in the canon the four dungeon bosses, which makes him scale to them and having him superior to his Adult Oot self seems inconsistent.

Also Majora sealed the giants into four masks (which is why they could not escape) and were guarded by the bosses of the four dungeons of Termina. Them wearing and releasing these masks after defeat does not mean they scale to the giants.

@Dark

Inconsistent how? That is not a good reason as for why the bosses wouldn't have that power and Link.

The Giants were in that other dimension when Link defeated the bosses, so saying they were in the mask is not exactly right. Unless you wanna tell that Link happened to entered the mask itself.

Have you informed ThePerpetual with a link to this thread?

Well, he does not visit the wiki much anymore, and we are already busy with other Zelda revisions.

You could inform The real cal howard as well. He might also be able to offer some input.

Seriously? No one is going to respond to this? I'll ask Sera since she knows quite a lot about Zelda, but she is sleeping at the moment and I'd hate to disturb her for this. May I ask if you could wait awhile?

Dark649 is right. I highly discourage the idea of Young Link > Adult Link (Ocarina of Time). But we have major Zelda revisions going on. I'll wait for Cal's input, I am still very tired so I haven't read the entirety of the original post.

Considering Skull Kid could do things like turn a grown man into a child, transform Link into a deku scrub, and drop a moon on the planet (all while not really being able to fathom its full power), I don't think it's a stretch to say he's the one who sealed the giants in masks and all the bosses really had to do was wear them and not die for three days.

Side note, Majora should have sealing on its profile.

I can add the sealing ability, but there is some proof that the Dungeon Bosses were as strong as the Giants because they wore the masks that fought against Fierce Deity Link inside the moon?.

@Sera

But why, though? It's a Link that just experienced the events of Ocarina (well, months after, anyway), still has the Triforce of Courage (although it didn't do anything against Majora or the Temple Bosses, so that should say a thing in itself), Twinmold fights Giant Link while not completely obligatory, and Link with Light Arrows is enough to beat him (the fact that he can use the Light Arrows in the first play should say something). I would dare say he retains and even improved the strength he had as an Adult. Why? Because now he can use items that his adult self could and he as a child (before) could not.

@Azathot

Yes, that's what I said. But the Giants have reasons to come out, specially when they were less problems (skull kid's pranks before the mask) and did. So naturally, they would've given a fight or try breaking the seal. That can happen any time and Skull Kid-Majora has to control the moon, so the ones keeping them at bay (I seriously hate Gyorg...) is the Bosses. About being sealed in the mask itself I have my doubts, mainly because that would mean Link entered them to learn the Oath to Order.

@Dark

Huh, didn't think about that. That's a good point.

It does not seem like any staff members are going to reply any more to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back