• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Upgrade for Hellboy

Just gonna make it quick. I think Hellboy should rank 9-A.

He casually busts a stone slab that (from eyeballing since I lack pixel scaling software) seems to be at least 1 m^3 and thus should yield a minimum 8 MJ or 1.91 kg of TNT Wall Level+. Now this can be calc'ed better but just looking at it's size compared to Anung (who is 6 foot 11) it should be about this size.

Stone Slab

Then he shattered the sword of a giant.

Sword snapper

Hellboy looks about the same height as one of the giants he tackles' faces. The average human face is 23.9 cm. Since Anung is 2.1 m this means the giants are at least 8.78 times the size of a regular human.

This would mean they're:

-About 15 m in height

-Around 40,000 kg in mass

The sword strongly visually resembles the Roman Gladius

With a blade mass of 700 g this means the sword should have a volume of roughly 86.9 cm^3 (given the density of steel is 8.05 g/cc)

And since visually the sword appears proportionate to the Giants as the Gladius is to humans it feels safe to assume it's scaling in size similarly as well.

86.9 (volume of average Gladius)*8.78=762.982*8.78=6,698.98*8.78=58,817 cm^3 for the Giant's sword. (This would also mean the sword weighs over 470 Kg)

58,817*208 (Destructive value for steel)=12,233,936 J or 2.92 kg Small Building Level (Narrowly above baseline)

Finally he survived this explosio

He falls about ten or so meters away from the blast so he definitely didn't tank it PBR, but the fact he suvived it at all is pretty great.

Hellboy calc 3

Someone seems to have done pretty decent calc of it already and since this person has it at 8-C I seems to further validate Anung at 9-A. Whaddya think?

I agree that he is indeed underestimated here, although I think he might end up higher than 9-A.

DMUA said:
Cool you found a way to pixel scale that
I believe you're referencing the explosion image in which case I didn't scale that. I found that image on the site done by someone else but I haven't found who did it so I am unable to credit them.

Right

There are other Explosions I should get to too

Legion350 said:
The one where he gets blasted with enough electricity to light up Hamburg
I mean that feat is inarguably hyperbole since there are no feats to back it up and Hellboy has been obervably damaged by less.

Actually, I think lighting up a city is only Building level in reality

Of course I'd have to sort through a ton of power grid statistics to figure out the exact number, but, it's still within Tier 8

Back