• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Kid Icarus AP upgrade

Tankirbmon

He/Him
Currently the verse scales off of this calc, It uses the curvature of the earth to place the Aurum Brain fortress at 24,000m in diameter.

I noticed while watching some gameplay that Palutena says this in chapter 17 "That aurum ship is the size of a continent" It also seems that this piece of dialogue was also in the original japanese

I think visually it's clear that the Aurum Brain Fortress is larger than this ship. In addition It takes about 45s for them to make it through the continent size ship and about 1 minute and 20 seconds to fly to the center of the aurum Brain fortress, supporting that it's larger. So replace the diameter of the aurum Brain fortress with the diameter of australia at 4,000,000m. This increases the distance it moved, and it's mass. I did a calc this would end up bumping the series to Large Planet level.

Last edited:
Was planning on bringing this up myself at some point but never got around to it lol, yeah I think it's possible to get 5-A outta this taking that statement seriously, the ship not appearing as that large in game could be due to it being a 3DS game (Kinda like how the moon in Majora's Mask is town sized in game but lore wise is an actual full sized moon).

Was planning on bringing this up myself at some point but never got around to it lol, yeah I think it's possible to get 5-A outta this taking that statement seriously, the ship not appearing as that large in game could be due to it being a 3DS game (Kinda like how the moon in Majora's Mask is town sized in game but lore wise is an actual full sized moon).
Its not difficult for a 3DS game to depict something as being continental sized though

Its not difficult for a 3DS game to depict something as being continental sized though
True, it's partly why I took so long to get around to it.

Could argue the reason it couldn't depict the ship as continent sized is becaise they needed it to fly alongside Pit without taking up the whole screen. Then again this is the same series that has stars that are legitimately building sized so maybe their world also has comically small continents.

I heard plans about this though a calculation blog is preferable for the 5-A calculation.

eh the game has severely down sized things before. Chapter 8 we fly chasing after a pirate ship. Then once we get inside of it it's much larger than it was during the flying section.

Chapter 18 floating islands with buildings are flung at us and the buildings are much smaller than when we get on the land section of the same area in chapter 20

If it doesn't bother making pirates ships and buildings the proper size then it definitely wouldn't make a properly sized continent, Especially if you're not gonna be walking around exploring it. So I'd say statements about size would be more accurate than literally calcing how large the ship is.

also you have to go through the ship so if they did make it accurate to how large it should be then everything would be flying by at mach 250 which would be a visual mess. So I don't think it would have been viable for them to actually make it continental in size

Last edited:
Listen I just wanna make Pit vs Link

Just wanted to mention but if this is accepted then any character in the series with an "At least" attached to their ratings should probably have it removed given the sheer gap between the calc and the higher limits of Large Planet level.

This is preferable to use over my calc, yeah. I didn't know the Aurum Brain had a statement like this even though I used to play this game religiously

It's easy to miss statements like this tbh, there's so much dialogue (Best in Nintendo history this is not up for debate) that there's a ton of things said in the game that fall through the cracks.

That's true, my brain just cares about the either hilarious or compelling dialogue so stuff like this just flies over my head. Anyways, I've approved the calc. I see no reason to not use this over mine

This is preferable to use over my calc, yeah. I didn't know the Aurum Brain had a statement like this even though I used to play this game religiously
To be completely transparent:

The aurum brain is not the thing being referred to by the statement, it is a ship within the level that tries to crash into pit. I am making the assumption that the ship is smaller or the same size as the Aurum Brain Fortress which I feel is fair considering how it appears smaller than the fortress within the game itself. As well as the fact that the ship had to be created within an even larger facility. It's established that aurum ships are created within aurum hives. So considering the Aurum Brain Fortress is the largest known Arum facility and other ships have been seen exiting it, it's not illogical to assume it either created or docked the continent sized ship and thus must be at least comparable in size.

Last edited:
Back