• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potencial Upgrade for Overwatch

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
We all (all the people who played overwatch) know that Doomfist is capable of leveling a Skycraper, right?

well... I made a calc for that (How to destroy a skycraper)

And the result is a wooping... Multi-City Block+ to Small Town level...

Also, even Zenyatta can take low caliber weapons, and the weakest weapon (Mercy's Caduceus Blaster) can still capable of damaging Tank Characters..

Huh, never would have thought.

I'm not a math person, so I can neither claim nor disprove it. But if this holds true then literally every character who can bust a skyscraper is instantly Small Town level... which is kind of odd from my perspective.

Oh, and to fill in the blank, Mercy's gun is known as the Caduceus Blaster.

Same here, Reppuzan. lol on that destruction tho. But that's for the high end. Low end is like just under Small Town but it's very close, nonetheless.

If this is legit, this would be one huge ass upgrade then.

Legit, Probably

Reasonable? Well, i never imagine that destroying a building could end in kiloton-range results

High end, man. Low end is 8-A but considering where your result landed at, it may not matter much.....maybe. ^^;

It depends on whether every single part of the skycraper was completely destroyed/fragmented in the same way as the calculation claims, rather than simply brought down from its foundations.

This would also have to be thoroughly checked by the rest of the calculation group, especially given that it makes no sense that destroying a skycraper is equivalent to destroying at least several city blocks' worth of them.

Ok...

Can I at least edit the profiles with this upgrade? The only discussion was about the "+", and that's ok now About the calc, is pretty much accepted

I think I may have a problem for Dva's ultimate. First, is the nuke explosion calculation more for a ball of pure energy and not fragments?

Asdtgh said:
I think I may have a problem for Dva's ultimate. First, is the nuke explosion calculation more for a ball of pure energy and not fragments?
Uh... I'm not the person who calced this, but what exactly is your problem with the calc?

The calculator runs on the premise that an actual nuclear explosion went off, calculating the yield based on various factors including the blast radius, which was taken into account during the calc.

Not all nuclear explosions are depicted as such in fiction. Just because it is animated differently doesn't mean that it isn't a nuclear explosion when there is sufficient information to imply that it is in fact such. In addition, it is likely animated that way since it would:

1) Be very costly and time-consuming to animate

2) Not properly convey the intended blast radius of the attack

3) Would cause an opaque smokescreen that would be an impediment in gameplay.

Do remember that this is fictio, and not all things may be depicted as accurately as they are in real-life as well as the fact that we have to disavow author intent from time to time (i.e. Flash saving a Korean Village being stated as just over the speed of light when the feat itself was in the bare minimum 300 Million C range). More often than not, the authors and animators have no idea how powerful they're making their characters, thus a certain suspense of disbelief is required.

I still find that destroying a Skyscrapper wielding Small Town level results to be absolutely ridiculous.

But that is just me.

Think about the height

Then divide that by 2

Then use and nuke calculator and try to find out the result

Back