• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly some bad DC Comics news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lately growing really attached to some DC characters (mainly from the DCAU and films) and they show how brilliant there stories and characters can be.

So needless to say it's really hard for me to hear this as well.

@MrKingOfNegativity

Agreed. It would have been much better if they had just fired Dan Didio and Jim Lee and let Geoff Johns and Fabian Nicieza or similar take over their positions.

TacticalNuke002 said:
What is the secret behind the relative better success of manga as compared to the recent state of western comics?
Mangaka understanding what their readers want. And its definitly not the politcal agenda modern comic book writers try to shove down everyones throat. I genuinly hope that DC dosnt have to close down like that, remembered as a husk of its former glory.

But i hope that this at leasts serves as a grim wake up call to every other big franchise, to change their ways, and to the manga industry to continue to spit on anything western puplishers would give as "Advice" for better sells.

....I'm gonna be honest, stuff like this is why I want to become a writer in the first place. A lot of people have had it in their heads that, somehow, Marvel and DC would be around forever. But, given the death of Stan Lee, the loss of DC and even a few of Marvel's worse films, it's obvious that's not the case. Hell, there are a few times where even Disney, ******* Disney, has been close to bankruptcy. No matter how timeless something is, reality can eventually come and stomp it out at any time.

So, that's where I come in. I want to give people something to believe in, the next Superman of their generation. Every hero dies, but the legend they leave behind will be kept alive by the people they inspired.

@Ant

They could have fired quite a few higher-ups responsible for the overall decision-making and I would have been perfectly fine with it, honestly.

Every time I think about the decisions made over there in recent years, I end up thinking of Senator Roark from Sin City telling Hartigan "I'm doin' you, John, and I'm doin' you hard."

Except instead Roark talking to Hartigan, it's the aforementioned higher-ups talking to their whole damned company.

At least I have been told that the DC Comics movie division has been looking up recently, with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam.

InfiniteSped said:
With how meta DC is, this is probably just the prelude of another one of their retcons. And people say their live-action isn't good . . .
What do you mean? The meta aspect of DC is one of the most interesting parts about it. That's how we get stuff like Superman Beyond. DC's Live action in the current decade is either Snyder's garbage or average movies that look good because they have Snyder to compare to.

The popularity of comics was decreasing steadily so that explains it I guess.

Assuming DC Comics will trully close forever, what its going to happen to the characters and stories?

Do Warner Bros keep the copyright of the entire verse, or it will go to the public domain?

That is also a good point. There is a shortage of interesting self-contained western comicbooks, outside of a few, such as Astro City, Usagi Yojimbo, and The Walking Dead.

Change the title to "possibly some bad DC Comics news" for better clarity.

Seriously, though, Marvel Comics is only holding out because of the bank the MCU gets them. I would have really peferred that they bite the dust, seeing as their response to geniune critique is to keep republishing failed comics.

Meanwhile DC actually improves their writing and gives real fans what they want, and this happens. Damn shame.

Zark2099 said:
>Implying that money printers like Batman and Superman will just "go" to public domain.
Warner Bros doesn't had any other comic book company, if they keep the copyright they are not going to publish any new comic book.

Also, would be trully worthy keep the copyright if they are not going to keep publish?

Damn, and DC was doing so well when they launched Rebirth. Should've brought back John to take the helm instead of that hack DiDio.

Dargoo Faust said:
Seriously, though, Marvel Comics is only holding out because of the bank the MCU gets them. I would have really peferred that they bite the dust, seeing as their response to geniune critique is to keep republishing failed comics.
That's like, your opinion ma

Also, the PC wanking reaaaallly gets the hype going for 'em. Marvel isn't actually doing bad in sales, and stuff like IDW is killing it due to licensed comic stuff, from what I hear. So that's a sigh of relief that the medium is still breathing, if atleast for now.

Standuser081 said:
Damn, and DC was doing so well when they launched Rebirth. Should've brought back John to take the helm instead of that hack DiDio.
Is there a Jojo reference here? John and Didio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back