• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overwatch Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Sigma had gained his powers from a very brief exposure to a black hole doesn't necessarily qualify his abilities to be on the same scale, he generates shields with them.

If anything, Sigma should simply sit in Unknown.

Drite77 said:
So Doomfist is currently the only 9-A+ guy? And shouldn't Winston in Primal rage scales to Doomfist?
Pretty much this. Although Reaper's shotguns would also scale to Primal Rage Winston, as I pointed out before.

Also, Doomfist himself isn't as strong without his gauntlet, which is what his 9-A+ feat was performed with. So make of that what you will.

WeeklyBattles said:
Did you want to try to calc Sym's explosion feat?
Even if it was say High 8-C or higher it would be an outlier, consistently, time and time again they're shown to be 9-A.

You can calc it, I doubt it would give any meaningful results.

Where is it even stated that Symmetra made the bomb that caused that explosion?

Because the context of that comic is that she wasn't there to blow up the building. She was there for espionage purposes, to find information on Calado that could be used to blackmail him. In fact, the bomb that caused that explosion wasn't even something she detonated herself; it was activated by an outside party.

Pretty much this. Although Reaper's shotguns would also scale to Primal Rage Winston, as I pointed out before.

Also, Doomfist himself isn't as strong without his gauntlet, which is what his 9-A+ feat was performed with. So make of that what you will.

Depends

Did Winston physically compete with the gauntlet?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Where is it even stated that Symmetra made the bomb that caused that explosion?

Because the context of that comic is that she wasn't there to blow up the building. She was there for espionage purposes, to find information on Calado that could be used to blackmail him. In fact, the bomb that caused that explosion wasn't even something she detonated herself; it was activated by an outside party.
In the comic? she was literally shown making the bomb lol

About the other calcs, the Junkrat's one, i started to do it, but my pc died so frick that, they all got 9-A, but they are stronger than 76's feat, wich is nice, but, i notice somethings.

First, The angle is kinda hard to pixel scale, while that black wall is a good way to find the vallue, the explosion is kinda hard to measure in pixel scaling.

Second, the destruction is not near as big as the explosion, we could try to calc the hole, but i doubt that will pass 9-B since it is either Frag or V. Frag, since there is still part of the thung destroyed on the floor

If there are any characters who don't have any animated story shorts or major comic appearances, it may be best to delete them seeing as we can't use stuff from gameplay, making them effectively featless. This would include newer heroes like Baptiste and Sigma if I'm not mistaken.

Sigma already has scaling? Neat. Who does he scale to, exactly?

For characters who don't have very clear feats and abilities outside of a short background video, I'd perfer having no profile at all as opposed to "Unknown" on every statistic with unknown powers and abilities.

WeeklyBattles said:
Every character in the verse scales to someone with a 9-A feat through lore my guy
If you'd give me the rundown for each, that'd be nice.

We should try to wrap this up soon. We're nearing the post limit, and it'd be far more convenient for everyone involved if we could finish this without having to make a Part II.

We've also been at this for almost a month now, so that's another reason to move this along.

AFAIK, we can already do the downgrade, but Lucio should be unknow since he does not scale to anyone and have no feats. Junkrat's feat needs to be calced

I feel like the majority's view on this is crystal

Question is do we wait for anything else or get to adding (I'm good with the latter since we've been here long enough)

Honestly: Just implement what we have, anyone who we can't prove with stuff from the story that they scale should be changed to Unknown if we aren't aware of any feats we can use for them. This back and forth about "everyone scaling" without getting any substaintial evidence for any characters is just stalling this for no good reason.

For characters who we know scale: please link scans on the profiles so we don't need to go through this mess twice.

Could you send the feats?

Ivee been trying to find the calc but it had to do with lucios sound waves having the aoe that they do coupled with the db of sound required to causw bodily harm yielding 9-A results

WeeklyBattles said:
Ivee been trying to find the calc but it had to do with lucios sound waves having the aoe that they do coupled with the db of sound required to causw bodily harm yielding 9-A results
Haven't we already discussed that we aren't using gameplay feats anymore?

The thing is that the crater is not near as big as the explosion, and you may need to use the Surface Explosion formula

WeeklyBattles said:
Like I said I've been trying to find the calc. I can just calc it myself when i get home if yall feel like being patient.
He's not asking for a calc. He's asking for a scan/clip/etc. of the feat itself.

Weekly probably has a blog about it that he's digging for is probably what he meant. And same blog probably contains the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back