• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reinhardt Glow-up and Torbjörn Prep

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
sigh I knew I shoulda waited for PVE before I ****** with these profiles...

Rein​

New Rein
Old Rein

Torbjörn Vs Titan Omnic part 2​

Titan Omnic takes a hit from the Turret and it doesn't go through at 1:06:42.

These things are powered by what's basically volcanic eruptions in a jar...(or go to 53:41 on the scan below)

And at 56:00 this shoot 4 shots before it just doesn't shoot anymore, so 1/4th of the value of a volcanic eruption...
Official UK University news has put a recent eruption at 61 Megatons of TNT, so that puts these shots at over 15.25 Megatons without charging up for approximately 10 years...
Calc here
so, 1.4005 Megatons for the shots and 5.602 Megatons for the big one

Torbjörn also used a MUCH bigger gun to one-shot the Titan, so that'd scale above the power source, so Low 7-B with prep. Nice.

Scaling​

Torbjörn literally uses the things
Genji is already scaled to Titan Omnics via sushi blade
Titan Omnics tanked the 1.25 or 15.25 Megatons.

Last edited:
Is there a scan of the actual volcano? Since iirc, a standard Volcanic Eruption is like High 8-C
I don't think the Overwatch team had the resources to even animate that lol, and I couldn't find anything on the standard eruption, only a bunch of nuke shit
I really don't think we should be scaling this to one of the most powerful volcanic eruptions in recent history

Eruptions vary by an immense amount and their are multiple ways to measure their energy

Also the very eruption you linked states that the energy was 61 megatons not 100 megatons
Seeing as Torbjörn is one of the main dudes who made omnics, and seeing as omnics nearly took over the world... I'd say if there's just a volcano statement like it's no big thing, it ain't exactly a small one.

If they got Megatons from the eruption then clearly they did something.

Lmfao didn't even see that when I skimmed the article! Give me a momento.

Seeing as Torbjörn is one of the main dudes who made omnics, and seeing as omnics nearly took over the world... I'd say if there's just a volcano statement like it's no big thing, it ain't exactly a small one.
Volcanic eruption are generally seen as extremely powerful so him just referencing a run of the mill eruptions energy is still perfectly valid

It's the same as saying "this has the power of a nuke" which is universally known as extremely powerful however that doesn't mean said Nuke would scale to the Tsar Bomba

Volcanic eruption are generally seen as extremely powerful so him just referencing a run of the mill eruptions energy is still perfectly valid

It's the same as saying "this has the power of a nuke" which is universally known as extremely powerful however that doesn't mean said Nuke would scale to the Tsar Bomba
If the setting is futuristic, you'd probably go for the Tsar Bomba

If the setting is futuristic, you'd probably go for the Tsar Bomba
No, that wouldn't be the default assumption, since that's like, the 2nd/highest end you could use for a bomb out of tens of thousands

Either way, there isn't enough evidence to suggest that said volcanic eruptions are, like Shmeatywerbenmanjenson says, equal to some of the most powerful volcanic eruptions.

Kind of does, who knows what volcanoes have blown their lid, for all we know Yellowstone could've erupted and Torbjörn used that level of energy.
Which is a massive assumption for the sake of highballing

We simply have no reason to believe he was referring to the strongest volcanic eruptions and not just your run of the mill average volcanic explosion

No, that wouldn't be the default assumption, since that's like, the 2nd/highest end you could use for a bomb out of tens of thousands

Either way, there isn't enough evidence to suggest that said volcanic eruptions are, like Shmeatywerbenmanjenson says, equal to some of the most powerful volcanic eruptions.

We simply have no reason to believe he was referring to the strongest volcanic eruptions and not just your run of the mill average volcanic explosion
Gonna ask you two; can I apply Reinhardt since he's not being contested?

Also gonna give Tracer 14 days to respond here again, or to have another staff respond, if not I guess another CRT should be made so that gets the attention it needs.

Gonna ask you two; can I apply Reinhardt since he's not being contested?

Also gonna give Tracer 14 days to respond here again, or to have another staff respond, if not I guess another CRT should be made so that gets the attention it needs.
Yea Rein looks fine to apply

IDN why your asking me tho since non-admins have all the power of a leaf on the ground on this site

I have bad news. This eruption is what we consider our average for volcanic eruptions.

This is considered the high end.

So you're ****** lol

I have bad news. This eruption is what we consider our average for volcanic eruptions.

This is considered the high end.

So you're ***** lol
Literally both profiles acknowledge that these explosions were larger than normal and even if we decided to use the use ST Helens eruption the result would be 7 megatons divided by 4 since that was what the initial blast was and Torb specifies that its the explosion he's talking about when referring to these things power

Literally both profiles acknowledge that these explosions were larger than normal and even if we decided to use the use ST Helens eruption the result would be 7 megatons divided by 4 since that was what the initial blast was and Torb specifies that its the explosion he's talking about when referring to these things power
If there was another volcanic eruption profile I'd go with that

Also you're literally lying, Brigitte didn't specify shit. She just said they hold the power of a volcanic eruption

If there was another volcanic eruption profile I'd go with that

Also you're literally lying, Brigitte didn't specify shit. She just said they hold the power of a volcanic eruption
97azvir.jpg

Yes, that's what I'm referring to

The eruption itself was only 7 megatons its the thermal energy of all the lava that was calced at 7-B

Same thing for Mt. Vesuvius

Since it explicitly specifies the energy their referring to is the eruption itself we're going with the eruption energy NOT the total thermal energy

97azvir.jpg

Yes, that's what I'm referring to

The eruption itself was only 7 megatons its the thermal energy of all the lava that was calced at 7-B

Same thing for Mt. Vesuvius

Since it explicitly specifies the energy their referring to is the eruption itself we're going with the eruption energy NOT the total thermal energy
Okay, that explanation actually makes sense, edited the OP to reflect this, and going with former(1.25 Megatons tanked) until further notice.

K so according to this (And if I'm doing the math correctly) the energy of a Class 3 VEI eruption (Using kinetic energy of ejected mass) would be 10^.079*3+14

Which equals 2.34422882*10^16 Joules or 5.602 Megatons

Their is no definite way to measure a volcanic eruption unlike earthquakes so this should be taken with a grain of salt

But this formula is for the explosion part of the eruption which is what most would refer to in fiction

Back