• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overwatch Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still perfectly reasonable to ask for the clip beforehand. It shouldn't be that difficult a request to fulfill.

Going back and forth about it instead of providing what little can be provided for the moment isn't accomplishing anything, that's for sure.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Weekly probably has a blog about it that he's digging for is probably what he meant. And same blog probably contains the clip.
It's just that - every time a claim is made and I ask for evidence, I receive none or another claim is made. It's slightly frustrating.

People are often busy, both with RL and with other revisions. I understand the clip is important, but it's natural for things to get lost in the big stash.

I understand that. Except, if that was the case, I wouldn't continue to make claims that I don't have the time to bother proving.

Well if I don't make them now then yall will make incorrect revisions that will have to be rerevised later creating needless extra work for everyone

Be patient

WeeklyBattles said:
I'm busy at work and only have mobile so I don't really get what you'd like me to do
To be quite straightforward, if you have the time and freedom to argue over a span of several posts across at least four hours (which you've done now), you have the time to go on YouTube or wherever else you need to and copy-paste a link, at the very least.

I would normally understand if you're at work and feel like you absolutely cannot do something of that nature, but if that's truly the case, then you should focus on your work until it's done instead of writing multiple posts in the time it would take you to accomplish the above.

I'm not wasting mobile data on YouTube when you guys can make the choice to respectfully wait for me to be available instead of making posts that I have to respond to, like this one

You don't have to respond to anything. You're choosing to do so. And if you're not available and feel like you must keep responding, wait to do so until you are available.

Either way, we're getting nowhere by going back and forth about it and filling up the thread with what's effectively nothing. You either have the time and energy to post the feat-- and should therefore do so-- or you don't have the time and energy to keep making posts about it that don't actually show what it is, in which case you should save the arguing about it until you're not at work.

I shouldn't have to. If you don't have time to talk, then it's your responsibility to be quiet until you do. Not anyone else's.

Frankly, it's been long enough that we should have started making the changes to the profile already. The only reason we haven't is because you keep going on about a feat you don't have time to post.

And therein lies the problem, you're so eager to downgrade downgrade the profiles while I'm not around to intervene that you're willing to skip over counterqrguments and new evidence that will be posted when I have the opportunity to do so

Now please, all i ask is that you be patient, I will be home in half an hour and will either find the calc or make one myself and then we can get this revision over with

This did not have to turn into a 20+ post argument over nothing

Okay, im home and since i cannot find the lucio calc for the life of me i will be making a quick calc, give me a few minutes

So wait whats the problem with downgrading the rest of the verse while we wait for the lucio calc? He doesn't scale to anyone or anything so even if we got some massive statistic/teir it wouldn't effect the rest right?

Oh nothing, go right ahead, ive already given you guys the scaling list for the verse so feel free to adjust it

Dammit this is being more of a hassle than i thought...

Go ahead and make Lucio and Sym Wall level for the time being, they both have feats to support at least this level

BTW Weekly, do you know where the Junkrat feat is? If you don't, i will make a quick calc since i already have it pixel scaled

WeeklyBattles said:
Dammit this is being more of a hassle than i thought...
Go ahead and make Lucio and Sym Wall level for the time being, they both have feats to support at least this level
Could you at least post a link to the feat in the meantime?

I already posted the sym comic with the feats earlier in the thread, her tech messed some guys up

Lucio's sound weaponry would have to be bare minimum 9-B (~150 db as a minimum) for it to be an effective weapon due to db less than that not really functioning as something that can actually physically harm people

Sym's tech would in turn scale to lucio

That's not what I'm asking for. You mentioned Lucio having a feat that was specifically calc'd to 9-A once, and also mentioned it being on YouTube. Since you can't find the blog with the calc, I would like to see the feat itself.

It's relevant to this thread (and the inevitable Part II, judging from this thread's reply count) and will almost certainly affect the character's rating as a whole. And as both you and Dargoo have said at differing points in the thread, it would be better if we didn't have to go back into this a second time.

@King Because i cant find it, if i do end up finding it i will post it, but for now just make thm 9-B

Should also point out that even the weakest overwatch characters can break marble and steel barriers with their punches

That would be well into Wall level at bare minimum, and could support the 9-A feats as well.

It's not that there's a problem with freezing calcs. If they use their own energy to freeze objects such as what Sub-Zero from MK does, then freezing calcs are fine. It's just that using a freezing ray to freeze something isn't always applicable. Especially since different weapons are designed for different things.

There's still plenty of 9-A feats and multiple characters comparable to each other.

Its from the fact that his sound waves can physically harm people coupled with the aoe of his sound attacks. There is no scan of the feat.

TFW everyone wants the verse downgraded but no one wants to give the new reasoings and calcs for it to be applied

WeeklyBattles said:
Its from the fact that his sound waves can physically harm people coupled with the aoe of his sound attacks. There is no scan of the feat.
If there's no instances of him harming people with sound, why are we calcing the feat?

We don't calc feats that don't exist.

There are instances of him harming people with sound, as well as the sound tech he uses harming people. Its written, not a comic feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back