• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overwatch Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm positive there isn't anyone notable who's so far below 76 that they would drop down to the previous tier, honestly.

Unfortunately, a good chunk of the characters haven't actually come into direct contact with each other outside of gameplay, so gauging where they all are in relation to each other isn't the easiest thing in the world. But it doesn't seem like any of them are immensely weaker than 76 is, even with his super-soldier augmentations. Even Tracer shouldn't be that far below him going by the evidence, and she's recurrently portrayed as being one of the least-damaging named characters in canon.

Ok, so how the scaling would go? I can see alot of the Tanks Being 9-A+ via being either superior or a little inferior to Doomfist. In lore, we know that Hanzo scales to Genji, Widow to Tracer who scale to Genji (i think), Reaper scales to 76, Base Winston either upscales from Reaper or Downscales from Doomfist, while his Rage Mode scales to Doomfist. I guess that Orissa backscales hard from Doomfist, and this are all people that i know tat fought, it problaby has more since i stopped seeing materials of Overwatch a long time ago

DragonEmperor23 said:
Orissa's type got yeeted on by Doomfist, idk if she scales.
Current Orisa is an upgraded model of the OR15s, she should scale.

EDIT: I'd also wager that Hanzo does not scale to Genji as of current, as Genji lost to Hanzo before modification and easily beat him afterwards.

Looking at the evidence, Reaper as he is currently scales far above 76, also.

A single shot from his shotgun nearly killed 76 wholesale, and even after the latter was healed by Ana, the former beat him in h2h with basically one punch. By comparison, 76 tackled him to the ground and gave him a beating beforehand, and he was perfectly unhindered afterwards.

And while it seems odd at first glance, his same shotguns did take Winston out of Primal Rage, and have hurt him rather consistently.

Abstractions said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
Orissa's type got yeeted on by Doomfist, idk if she scales.
Current Orisa is an upgraded model of the OR15s, she should scale.
EDIT: I'd also wager that Hanzo does not scale to Genji as of current, as Genji lost to Hanzo before modification and easily beat him afterwards.
I don't think that it was that easily, he barely blocked a arrow from Hanzo

MrKingOfNegativity said:
A single shot from his shotgun nearly killed 76 wholesale, and even after the latter was healed by Ana, the former beat him in h2h with basically one punch. By comparison, 76 tackled him to the ground and gave him a beating beforehand, and he was perfectly unhindered afterwards.

And while it seems odd at first glance, his same shotguns did take Winston out of Primal Rage, and have hurt him rather consistently.
So Reaper is Actually just barely weaker than Doomfist? Shame, 76 vs Reaper sounds like a good battle to have

I told you before and i'll tell you again, Reaper nearly killed 76 AFTER the fight because his shotgun rounds are laced with biological poison, poison specifically designed to nullify Regenerationn.

That doesn't change the fact that 76's raw durability didn't hold up against a single shot from said shotgun in the first place. Regenerationn is ultimately irrelevant at that point.

Also

MrKingOfNegativity said before and will say again:
I find it amusing that my joke about you "lying to the people" is crossing some sort of line, yet you get to directly call other people liars under no humorous context whatsoever.

BTW @Abstractions, being an upgrade of that model doesn't means alot, since Doomfist defeated those without his gauntlet, or some thing like that, and even if he had tha gauntlet, it doesn't mean that she should scale cause she never had a rematch against him

MrKingOfNegativity said:
That doesn't change the fact that 76's raw durability didn't hold up against a single shot from said shotgun in the first place. Regenerationn is ultimately irrelevant at that point.

Also
It does hold up, he got up immediately after and was fighting Reaper in h2h. He only attempted to regen and be healed afte rthe fight.

Because when you say it you try to be snarky, when i say it i say it as a fact. You are lying.

He got up immediately after Ana healed him with a shot from her biotic rifle.

I say it as a joke. You say it and mean it wholesale without actually having a warrant for it. It's hypocritical no matter what spin you try to put on it, and you need to make a better example of yourself.

Wouldn't it be a lie only if MrKing knows that it is not true? If he doesn't know that the statement is wrong, he is not lying

MrKingOfNegativity said:
He got up immediately after Ana healed him with a shot from her biotic rifle.

I say it as a joke. You say it and mean it wholesale without actually having a warrant for it. It's hypocritical no matter what spin you try to put on it, and you need to make a better example of yourself.
Pot meet kettle. Maybe stop being snarky and set a better example of professionalism.

MrKingOfNegativity said:

Reaper does in fact, have shotguns, those hurt from close range.

Jack was partly incapacitated from a close range blast but was fighting fit as soon as he was healed, him and Gabriel shared the same enhancement program and have always been considered as even, Reaper's resilience is merely a factor of his Regenerationn.

Drite77 said:
I don't think that it was that easily, he barely blocked an arrow from Hanzo.
Genji was completely unharmed by the blast and was merely pushed back by the force of the arrow, it did not even pierce his wakizashi.

Genji went into that fight with the mindset on not killing Hanzo, he was holding back and had still kicked him around.

I stopped being snarky several comments ago. Frankly, things were going fine and everyone was getting along until you barged in again and started throwing accusations of lying around. (which you still haven't properly backed up, mind you)

And that's something you've done more than once in this thread, as I'm sure Dargoo can attest.

Shape up.

Drite77 said:
BTW @Abstractions, being an upgrade of that model doesn't means alot, since Doomfist defeated those without his gauntlet, or some thing like that, and even if he had tha gauntlet, it doesn't mean that she should scale cause she never had a rematch against him
Previous OR15s couldn't completely hold back a crusader charge, current Orisa stops a car and bus without even using her Forify, something previous models did not even have.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I have just posted the evidence for everyone to see and given my argument which is irrefutably backed up by said evidence. Please stop misleading people now. Thank you.

Genji was completely unharmed by the blast and was merely pushed back by the force of the arrow, it did not even pierce his wakizashi.

Genji went into that fight with the mindset on not killing Hanzo, he was holding back and had still kicked him around.

The edge that Genji had was his speed, since he does looks faster than Hanzo, but that's it.

He still couldn't hold the force of that arrow and later when they get into CQC, they are mostly evenly matched.

He didn't had intention to kill, but sources that he was holding back? My PC doesn't have audio to know if Genji saided that to Hanzo

Abstractions said:
Drite77 said:
Previous OR15s couldn't completely hold back a crusader charge, current Orisa stops a car and bus without even using her Forify, something previous models did not even have.
Aren't those only 9-B though?

WeeklyBattles said:
https://static.playoverwatch.com/media/comics/8/en-us/comic-overwatch-old-soldiers.pdf

Here is the full comic for everyone to read. The only thing that Ana did to Jack was numb the pain of the wound, not heal it, as shown from the followup story released later on her healing was unable to do anything to repair the damage that the gunshot actually caused.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/rk/RK25WEUAJIPO1546649730105.pdf

So yes, you are, in fact, lying.
1. That didn't need to be posted twice.

2. Right at the beginning of the Bastet story (page 3), Jack passes out shortly after the fight is over. He was grievously wounded, and his lack of a healing factor to save him ultimately resulted in need for medical attention. And during the fight in the first comic (roughly 8-10 pages in), Reaper leaves 76 incapacitated with a single strike to the midsection.

Both above-mentioned facts support my case. I am not lying, and you need to humble yourself.

Yeah, Reaper is clearly above 76, he one shotted 76 with his gun, if he is not above 76, his guns clearly are

I have things to attend to in a few minutes, so I'll likely be back later tonight. I sincerely hope things become more civil when I return.

@King Read what i said again but slower and more carefully. I said Ana numbed his pain, she did not and could not heal him, the damage that was done to him remained but he was still able to fight with a hole in his back after tanking a shot from Reaper's shotgun.

So yes, you are in fact lying.

That its more of stamina than durability (if its that what people is talking about); if S76 would have (relatively) elevated durability the bullets would have caused simply superficial damage or nor damage at all. However, this is not the case, at the bullets caused critical damage (S76 suffering its proof of that), and naturally it didn't oneshotted him, cuz no matter how strong an attack can be, if it do not hit a vital is not going to oneshot.

The fact remains without medical/chemical aid 76 wouldn't have been able to contiue the fight, he was damged to a point of being incapacitated in a single shot... The fact he needed aid to carry on proves he can't simply scale to reapers guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back