• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overwatch Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
RegisNex1232 said:
So is S76 featless?
76 has a 9-A feat of his own and fought Reaper in h2h combat shortly after being shot, and scales to Torb and Ana, and to a lesser extent Reinhardt

@Weekly, Mr King isn't lying if he's stating his honest opinion; it is literally impossible for someone to lie as long as they are legit stating what they honestly believe. But anyway, he's going to be back as he has some stuff to take care of. And yeah, 76 has tanked a 9-A grenade explosion which should be legit.

The edge that Genji had was his speed, since he does looks faster than Hanzo, but that's it.

He still couldn't hold the force of that arrow and later when they get into CQC, they are mostly evenly matched.

He didn't had intention to kill, but sources that he was holding back? My PC doesn't have audio to know if Genji saided that to Hanzo

His intention was never on harming Hanzo, and by him not showing nearly any sign of struggle is clear he was holding back. His goal the entire time was to show Hanzo down a path without anger the way Zenyatta showed him, not to beat him in a fight.

"Yeah, Reaper is clearly above 76, he one shotted 76 with his gun, if he is not above 76, his guns clearly are."

Citation needed. The two have engaged each other in combat in the past with no clear victor in either scenario (unlike Genji and Hanzo), so whoever is superior is clearly unknown.

EDIT: In response to the Orisa thing, the point I'm trying to get across is that you can't compare the original OR15s to Orisa as to who scales to Doomfist because they are a much different ballpark.

Drite77 said:
We are mainly trying to find a good scaling chain now
Genji, McCree, Reaper, and Moira all scale to each other via Blackwatch

Genji, Tracer, Mercy, and Winston scale to each other via Overwatch strike team from Storm Rising

Tracer, Mercy, and Torb scale to each other from Uprising, with Rein being stronger than them

Brigitte scales to Genji via constantly fighting each other

Tracer scales to Genji via constantly fighting each other in the past

Hanzo scales to Genji via fighting

Ashe scales to McCree

Widow scales to Tracer and Winston via fighting them and to Reaper via scaling

I recall seeing a 9-A calc for pharah some time ago

Sombra scales to Widow and was able to harm Zarya

Doom is doom

Lucio and Sym scale to each other with a 9-A calc for both Sym and Lucio floating around somewhere

D.Va's MEKA scales at least above Bastion if not Orisa, Hana herself is unknown

76 scales to his own feat as well as to Reaper, Torb, and partially Rein

Ana scales to Widow and partially to Reaper

Baptiste scales to the other members of Talon sans Doomfist

Zen likely scales to Genji

Hammond scales to his own feat

Zarya scales to Sombra

Junk scales to his own feat

Hog is stronger than Junkrat and has a 9-A feat

Bastion scales to Tracer, Torb, and Mercy, and somewhat to Rein

Orisa is stronger than Bastion and at least as strong as if not stronger than rein

Then just use his feats to rate him for now. Scaling can come later when this treatment has been applied to everyone as much as possible.

WeeklyBattles said:
The only big issue now is the new guy who has 100% legitimate M-E Conversion and Black Hole feats
As much as I would like to throw Sigma into the scaling chain, the black hole feat is probably just an outlier.

BTW Weekly, can you show the 9-A feats of the people you saided? And will you put the new vallue for Speed of the Hammond feat yourself?

Given that the black holes clearly aren't destroying the world and nothing else is remotely on this level, i'm gonna go with a no on that one

Wokistan said:
Given that the black holes clearly aren't destroying the world and nothing else is remotely on this level, i'm gonna go with a no on that one
Why would they have to destroy the world? Especially given that he explicitly has full control over them?

And i never said that anything else was on that level, they'd be a tier all their own

Explain how? How would a guy whose weapons and tech are considered the strongest in the verse be an outlier? When he canonically has full control over gravity and explicit control over black holes and singularities, with scientific evidence to back it up.

Just because its a high tier doesnt make it an automatic outlier.

WeeklyBattles said:
Why would they have to destroy the world? Especially given that he explicitly has full control over them?
Because that's what High 5-A means

WeeklyBattles said:
And i never said that anything else was on that level, they'd be a tier all their own
Given that nothing else in the verse even comes close to this including collectives, the guy was captured, the "black holes" display no properties of being this strong, other stuff should at least exist in the verse to substantiate something like this.

Most black hole feats aren't calced with black hole stuff because of shit like this

Because it makes no sense given the context of the verse? Because this is a verse that has at best only tier 9 feats? Because black hole creation would be hundreds of thousands times above the next best feat in the verse? That's how it works, and is the cut clear definition of an outlier. Regardless of how it was done none of the feats support such a tier and actually contradict them being on that level. Now if the verse were to have tier 6-5 feats then I'd understand it not being an outlier but this is a verse that at best caps out at building level.

Wokistan said:
Given that nothing else in the verse even comes close to this including collectives, the guy was captured, the "black holes" display no properties of being this strong, other stuff should at least exist in the verse to substantiate something like this.

Most black hole feats aren't calced with black hole stuff because of shit like this
Why would they have to come close to a weapon which in-verse is considered God-tier?

He was captured because after his experiment went wrong he was knocked out and incapacitated, and he's not High 5-A physically by any means (Hell you could argue that him being captured somehow makes him not 9-A if thats the case)

They actually do, its why he has to keep them in specific containment fields so they dont destroy the world

The moment I saw Sigma's trailer I was thinking about how people were going to calc his black holes to make stats ridiculous despite our very clear standards on Black Hole Feats in Fictio and Outliers.

Suffice to say I'm not surprised at all, although thankfully other users have already explained the issues with using those feats far better than I could have.

The Prince of Counters said:
Because it makes no sense given the context of the verse? Because this is a verse that has at best only tier 9 feats? Because black hole creation would be hundreds of thousands times above the next best feat in the verse? That's how it works, and is the cut clear definition of an outlier. Regardless of how it was done none of the feats support such a tier and actually contradict them being on that level. Now if the verse were to have tier 6-5 feats then I'd understand it not being an outlier but this is a verse that at best caps out at building level.
And yet tier 8 and 7 robots and weapons canonically exist.

Its a god tier weapon it makes sense for it to be that much stronger.

by your logic any god tier character who is canonically immensely stronger than things that are canonically weake rthan him is an outlier for the God tier.

Dargoo Faust said:
The moment I saw Sigma's trailer I was thinking about how people were going to calc his black holes to make stats ridiculous despite our very clear standards on Black Hole Feats in Fictio and Outliers.

Suffice to say I'm not surprised at all, although thankfully other users have already explained the issues with using those feats far better than I could have.
It is 100% legitimate and i will continue to argue for it.

Strawman argument Weekly. Your making it seem like I'm labeling any feat done by a God tier is an outlier, we go by what makes sense for the verse and what is and isn't consistent. As far as I'm aware OverWatch has no tier 7 feats and even then that still doesn't support the tier a black hole would produce. If we have a verse thats wall level and suddenly goes to 4-C then yeah in most cases it'll be written off as an outlier whenver it's not supported by anything else. This is also under the assumption that it even meets the requirements for our black hole standards.

y

Canonically a weapon vastly above anything else in the verse and has scientific backing to prove theyre real

WeeklyBattles said:
Canonically a weapon vastly above anything else in the verse and has scientific backing to prove theyre real
The weapon being stronger than other stuff in the verse isn't any reason for us to calc it as if it's a realistic black hole.

What scientific backing?

"Why would they have to come close to a weapon which in-verse is considered God-tier? "

Because you've provided no backing whatsoever that proves that something should be so unfathomably above literally the rest of the verse combined.

"He was captured because after his experiment went wrong he was knocked out and incapacitated, and he's not High 5-A physically by any means (Hell you could argue that him being captured somehow makes him not 9-A if thats the case) "

yet he doesn't just die upon firing up his stuff yeah that makes sense

"They actually do, its why he has to keep them in specific containment fields so they dont destroy the world "

Citation needed

Don't try to bring up the whole "DC=/=AP" thing here because this is with a calc. This would be to calc something that clearly isn't doing High 5-A stuff at that tiering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back