• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overwatch Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
There are instances of him harming people with sound, as well as the sound tech he uses harming people. Its written, not a comic feat.
Are we going to wait another week for you to provide proof for this, or admit you don't have it?

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/lucio/

"L├║cio wouldn't stand for it. He stole Vishkar sonic technology that had been used to suppress the people, and he converted it into a tool to rally them to action. In a popular uprising, they drove Vishkar out of their neighborhoods. L├║cio's leadership made him a star overnight and a symbol for positive social change. His music skyrocketed in popularity. Whereas he had once performed locally, he was now filling arenas across the world."

Dont be an asshole Dargoo, its very unbecoming of you

You should have posted this by now if it was just a link to some text.

Also, no more name calling. This is your only warning.

Honestly, I think everyone needs to chill, talking to both sides. The thread has been pretty chaotic on all sides. I do agree that it's preferable to gather the calculations that are being used for the scaling and tiers.

I'm just honestly concerned with the pace of this thread, and was going off of the fact that it took over a week to get scans for claims last time.

I'm not trying to "instigate conflict", although it's rich to hear that after getting name-called in this thread, and berated and harassed like nearly every time I try to debate reasonably with you.

WeeklyBattles said:
"L├║cio wouldn't stand for it. He stole Vishkar sonic technology that had been used to suppress the people, and he converted it into a tool to rally them to action. In a popular uprising, they drove Vishkar out of their neighborhoods. L├║cio's leadership made him a star overnight and a symbol for positive social change. His music skyrocketed in popularity. Whereas he had once performed locally, he was now filling arenas across the world."
Real talk though, nothing in that quote states or implies Lucio uses his technology as weaponry to harm people. He "rallied [people] into action," that doesn't mean he armed them to kill the Vishkar.

I genuinely have no idea what youre on about, ive been waiting to apply these downgrades for that long.

The tech was used to harm people and was used to harm the vishkar

Even sound that is capabl of causing minimal physical damage is 9-B

WeeklyBattles said:
The tech was used to harm people and was used to harm the vishkar
When? It doesn't happen in the quote you linked. Is there another quote you're reffering to?

He stole Vishkar sonic technology that had been used to suppress the people, and he converted it into a tool to rally them to action. In a popular uprising, they drove Vishkar out of their neighborhoods.

From the same page i linked: "On the battlefield, L├║cio's cutting-edge Sonic Amplifier buffets enemies with projectiles and knocks foes back with blasts of sound. His songs can both heal his team or boost their movement speed, and he can switch between tracks on the fly."

WeeklyBattles said:
He stole Vishkar sonic technology that had been used to suppress the people, and he converted it into a tool to rally them to action. In a popular uprising, they drove Vishkar out of their neighborhoods.
That doesn't mention him harming people with sound.

From the same page i linked: "On the battlefield, L├║cio's cutting-edge Sonic Amplifier buffets enemies with projectiles and knocks foes back with blasts of sound. His songs can both heal his team or boost their movement speed, and he can switch between tracks on the fly."
You do realize that's not on the story tab, but on his gameplay description?

WeeklyBattles said:
I did, it was ignored
At least warn Dargoo as well for attempting to instigate conflict
You did not. This is your very last comment on the matter after telling me you could not find Lucio's feat and suggesting we simply make him 9-B. There is no other point in which you linked this page.

He was not attempting to instigate conflict. He was asking for a feat that, up to the point where you made your comment, you had been making excuses not to show us. We have, in fact, been waiting weeks for you to post this, and while his wording was blunt and admittedly less than friendly, it had no shades of instigating anything and absolutely did not warrant you calling him an asshole.

My warning stands. Keep all insults to yourself.

EDIT: I'm going to be making another thread for this in a moment, since apparently we're now less than seven posts away from the reply limit on this one.

I know that this thread is at its limit, but after some talk in Discord, i will ask, since the lead writter says that we shouldn't consider in game things as cannon, would this affect some people abilities? I have yet to check, but IIRC, the guy that i talked about saided that someone got NPI via something that you can do in gams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back