• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible My Hero Academia Speed Upgrade - How Shocking

https://youtu.be/UyOUx0PhYcE?t=26

In this little gem of a scene, after when Kaminari fires off his Indiscriminate Shock - 1.3 Million Volts, which uses actual electricity, Tokoyami's Dark Shadow manages to intercept and block a surge of electricity for Deku whereas everyone else was affected by the attack itself.

Iirc, surges of electricity travel at around 60 km/s or around Mach 175 but feel free to correct me. It is slower than lightning that's for sure

The Cavalry race was also Tokoyami's first real fight so I think it's safe to gauge Dark Shadow's speed from this fight.

So how's that?~

And remember Momo is best girl

I think we follow the manga for Hero Academia if you can also provide a scan of the manga of that scene i can give my opinion about this.

Thanks, a calc will be fine to quantify the speed of his lightning Iits mostly acts as an explosion insted of a single projectile) and scale assuming the strongest characters are able to dodge them.

Makes sense, makes sense.. though surprising since Kaminari is what.. high mid-tier at best? Though the later chapters did give him a moderate buff so who knows

Thankies for your time!!

Electricity isn't exactly the same as lightning, so this can't be considered cloud-to-ground lightning speed.

Tokoyami has Subsonic with Hypersonic+ Combat/Reaction speed (actually Dark Shadow's feat since he barely move himself), this is a standard speed for most of My Hero Academia's speed. Other people took that electricity attack because there's no way for them to move as fast as electricity's speed to dodge that attack and they have no way to block them, too.

However, Tokoyami's Dark Shadow has Hypersonic+ Reaction speed, which is more than enough to react against normal electricity's speed (mach 1.634). Since he stand right between Izuku and Kaminari, it's more like reaction speed than movement speed.

But, as you can see in this scene, not only Dark Shadow but Izuku also raises his arm for defending and closes his eyes due to electricity's flashlight (while others can't, which may lead to their downgrade?).

Also, in this scene, Iida's bursting speed out-matched the whole Izuku's team while Todoroki can react and take Izuku's headband, which means: Iida's bursting speed~Todoroki's reaction speed>Kaminari's electricity speed~Izuku/Tokoyami's Dark Shadow reaction speed?

Also, about Dark Shadow's feat when he stole Todoroki's headband, he's in an extremely shock stage due to Izuku's sudden attack so he may or may not have the same reaction speed as Todoroki.

So in short, unless Kaminari's eletricity speed is more than mach 25 (which is nearly impossible since All Might and All For One are only around that level), an upgrade isn't needed, i think?

Hmm. That blog post calculation could potentially seriously change our standards for speed evaluations.

I have placed a message on Lina Shields' wall about it.

Well, at the very least this should confirm that MHA is at least above supersonic, i know some people want it to go back to that or less, so this is good

On the other hand, ive been looking for some help with MHA speed too, theres this one page:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/mms8krbrrh3qopk/bokunolightspeed.png?dl=0

Basically, would this mean that Aoyamas laser is actual light like Nr 13 says? So far, at least as ive noticed, every laser Aoyama has shoot has been either aim dodged or impossible to dodge (case in point, Mr. Compress), so this could be one of those cases of "a peak human person with a gun that shoots supersonic bullets", well this is a hypersonic character with a lightspeed quirk, and maybe it could be used for future calculations?

On the other hand, Does 13 even have a profile yet?

Also, Im very sorry to bring up a solved topic but since were on MHA Speed I didnt feel like making another thread if this one is open

Isn't doesn't ayomas light have physical properties, I could swear I saw him use it to grab or hit stuff.

Plus his light bends like its physical, doesn't refract.

Grinderkiller1 said:
That's fine don't worry about it!!
And tbh always did think Aoyama's laser is made of light. There's nothing that contradicts it atm anyways so it's fine. And I don't think 13 doesn't have a profile I think.

Though there's this sooo yeah~
Ohh i completelly forgot about that, I tought that battle happened completelly off camera, I THINK maybe we could get a calc out of this? i mean, Im sure wve gotten hypersonic characters from evading gunshots from a normal human, so MAYBE we could get something out of this?

Grudgeman1706 said:
Isn't doesn't ayomas light have physical properties, I could swear I saw him use it to grab or hit stuff.
Plus his light bends like its physical, doesn't refract.
I'm checking several chapters for Aoyama moments, so far his laser doesnt have properly physical properties, it's been just condensated light from what can be seen, it has never grabbed anything, its not a tractor beam.

About the light bending, I highly doubt thats the case, the only times it "bends" is a case of Stretch and Squash (In case not known, Its a drawing technique most commonly used in animation, but also visible in comics and with the purpose of convey strenght of movement and intensity),

For example, there's this aoyama panel, in the first panel, it seems like its bending, but its because of the extreme angle and perspective of the panel, and it can be seen in the very next panel, wich happens at the same time than the first, that the beam is perfectly straight, theres a reason his hero suit is made so it can direct the lasers to other parts of his body, (which I assume is only logical throught a sophisticated reflector system)

http://h.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1435...1bdcc03ee93cc80406da25f12465b8&ttl=1494892800

Horikoshi tends to really get bendy with EVERYTHING when he does this kind of panel, For example look at this one.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IvJqCAeZ...XgM6qgvUcF_86fD7P7wk7OkxvAHACEw/s1600/020.png

I never recall Aoyama using his laser to grab objects in all honesty. Then again, he's a relatively side character so yeah..

And I do agree on the laser only bending because of the angle and perspective of some panels. But other than that, yeah, still as lasery as it can get : P

Oh and Nedo? If it means anything, in the preview of the next episode of the anime, it was shown that Mina jumped over the laser after Aoyama had fired it after her.

Grinderkiller1 said:
I never recall Aoyama using his laser to grab objects in all honesty. Then again, he's a relatively side character so yeah..
And I do agree on the laser only bending because of the angle and perspective of some panels. But other than that, yeah, still as lasery as it can get : P

Oh and Nedo? If it means anything, in the preview of the next episode of the anime, it was shown that Mina jumped over the laser after Aoyama had fired it after her.
well, that sounds good, I guess I came a little late to this topic so everyone sees it as concluded but wed need some more input, anime cant be used to take a timeframe BUT maybe it can be taken to calculate the distance between eachother.

I still consider the supposed average of this verse, so anything this results could be from high hypersonic to very low MHS. however the good thing is that aoyama has never been shown to "charge" his beam ala kizaru style

Back