• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
Let's start with this.

Attack Potency and Durability Upgrades
I recently calculated Tokoyami's durability at Small Building level+ for being able to withstand Bakugou's Stun Grenade. Since Tokoyami was never depicted as being strong physically without his quirk, most of the students can scale from him, of course, weaker students like Aoyama should still scale from Mei Hatsume.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/My_Hero_Academia:_Stun_Grenade

Now this can scale to their durabilities, but how does this scale to their attack potency? Well, this is not the only feat that puts the students at Small Building level+, the other feat is Hitoshi Shinso being capable of slightly hurting Izuku during the Sports Festival, as many will already know, this Izuku fought against Stain a few days after the festival, and his durability shouldn't have changed taking into account that One For All Full Cowl doesn't increase his durability, so slightly hurting Izuku puts Shinso at Small Building level+ in attack potency, which is consistent with Tokoyami's durability feat. Since Aizawa stated that Izuku is stronger than Shinso, he also scale.

As for the other students, they can scale from either Izuku or Shinso, since Aizawa also stated that Izuku is one of the weaker students within the heroics department, and Shinso is even weaker than him.

One For All Multipliers

I want to propose the use of Izuku's One For All percentages of 5%, 20% and 100% as multipliers like the Kaioken, keep in mind that we should only assume that 100% is at least 4 times stronger than 20%, but we should not assume that 20% is four times weaker than 100% if 100% have its own feat.

Now considering that Izuku 5% scale from a feat of 0.80 tons, 8%, 20% and 100% should be like this:

8% = 0.80 x 1.6 = 1.28 tons (Building level+)

20% = 0.80 x 4 = 3.2 tons (Large Building level)

100% = 0.80 x 20 = 16 tons (City Block level)

Also, Izuku 20% is able to one-shot characters who are superior to other characters with 1.81 tons in durability, so 20% being High 8-C is consistent.

Speed Upgrades
I'm going to be quick with this one, almost everyone in My Hero Academia scales from this feat that was calculated at Mach 0.68 (Subsonic+), but recently I recalculated the same feat at Mach 0.92 (Transonic), so anyone who already scales should be upgraded to Transonic.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/My_Hero_Academia:_Todoroki's_Ice_Speed

Solid and acceptable. I can totally have Deku take on some Senran Kagura characters and it does make sense.

So Deku is no longer all that close to baseline 8-B...

Any idea on a possible estimative of 1 000 000%'s power? Like, dunno, scaling it from real life adrenaline boosts. (Would make it a 25% increase on highly trained people, but a whopping 50% increase on the average Joe.)

Might be Calc Stacking, but if not, then a low end for 1kk% would be 20 tons, and a high end would be 24 tons.

I'm iffy on the One For All multipliers.

For one, Izuku's 100% is supposedly on the level of All Might's blows, but he doesn't have any feats to corroborate this.

I can't say in good conscience that these multipliers are linear.

Reppuzan said:
I'm iffy on the One For All multipliers.
For one, Izuku's 100% is supposedly on the level of All Might's blows, but he doesn't have any feats to corroborate this.

I can't say in good conscience that these multipliers are linear.
There's no reason to think Izuku's 100% is comparable, or even superior to All Might's. He's barely had enough time to even increase his power.

@Versus

But at the same time a mere 3% increase is able to give Izuku a leg up over Bakugou both speed and power wise, only losing because of Bakugou's superior technique and reactions.

Cropfist said:
Didn't Bakugou hold his own against a restrained All Might, who was still able to bust a city block?
That All Might was casual I'm pretty sure.

@Rep.

Yes, but by an unknown ammount Bakugou saying he's "Several levels faster than before" for instance is a hyperbole.

@Versus

Yes, by an unknown amount, but the increase hasn't been shown to be linear.

A multiplier of 1.3x isn't enough to make it "several levels faster than before".

This has nothing to do with speed. And what exactly does "several levels" mean?

Also the difference in power is 1.6x not 1.3x.

@Therefir

And that's what happens when I try to do math while I'm half asleep.

Still, I don't think using multipliers here is accurate.

Are you saying that multipliers are not accurate because 8% seems to be much stronger than 5%?

For instance the only contradiction I see is the "several levels" thing, but it could be a hyperbole. And it still does not mean anything because Deku 8% is not 3 times faster than 5%.

@There

Bakugou is smart. He's not one to exaggerate and he's actually relatively calm here.

Reppuzan said:
@There
Bakugou is smart. He's not one to exaggerate and he's actually relatively calm here.
That doesn't dismiss the fact that it is a hyperbole. And we generally don't take hyperbolic statements such as this seriously.

Unless you're telling me Izuku got 7 or so times faster.

@Versus

That's not the definition of hyperbole.

Hyperbole is something like, "You seriously obliterated him!" when you just knocked him over or "It felt like a supernova had erupted against my skin" when tanking dynamite.

Bakugou is making a clear statement on how he gauged the difference between 5% and 8% Full Cowl. He's not exaggerating and he's not trying to hype something up.

Well then it still can only be treated as an unquantifiable speed boost. Because "Several Levels" would imply that Izuku like 3 or more times faster. And I don't think having overall better skill and teqnique would allow you do do very well against someone that much faster than you anyways.

@Versus

It's still not hyperbole. Trying to declare it such doesn't make it hyperbole.

Yes, it's an unquantifiable speed boost. Which is why I'm opposed to using multipliers when we can't establish a linear correlation between levels of One For All.

We still don't know what "several levels" mean for Bakugou, but leaving aside the speed, it should be fine to assume that. 8% is at least 1.6 times stronger than 5%.

Would it be fine to assume to put something like a "higher" something thing at 8% state? Sorry, it's my first time being in a thread type like this so I don't know if I could give a decent thought to this kind of discussion.

You're saying that it's an unquantifiable speed boost, but "several levels" it's not unquantifiable, should be Izuku 8% Supersonic+ then?

And what does this have to do with multipliers? In DB they use Kaioken in AP but not in speed.

@Therefir

And there you go with the strawman.

I'm not saying that Deku should be Supersonic, but assuming there's a linear boost to his power and speed when there is no evidence for this is faulty.

There is an evidence, is logic, 8 is 1.6 times stronger than 5.

> And there you go with the strawman.

What do you mean? I'm just saying that we shouldn't into account Bakugou's statement, since it would mean that Izuku is at least 3 times faster than before.

@Therefir

Logic dictates that the boost is unquantifiable given that the feats aren't consistently higher.

But the feats are consistently higher, Deku 20% stated he could one-shot Fusion Chisaki, who is superior to Rappa and Tengaai who have 1.81 tons in durability.

Also, is "several levels" really unquantifiable? You can assume that several is at least 3 times.

Izuku said: Going from 5% to 8% would not be a dramatic change at all, but with that small difference, I was able to be just a moment ahead of him.

Izuku himself said that with just that small difference of 1.6x, he was able to be stronger/faster than Bakugou, at least that's what I interpret with "ahead of him".

I'm opposed to most of these upgrades.

If you want to use Multipliers, why not use them on Deku's actual feat you calced when he was at 8%?

I don't think that Izuku's 5% punches scale to Todoroki's 0.80 tons calc. Needing 0.80 tons is not the minimum amount of energy needed for Izuku to hurt Stain; that was the energy (supposedly) of the attack Todoroki used to knock out Stain, severely burning him.

Izuku's 5% punches by comparison did not do that much damage. His first 5% punch only staggered Stai.

I also don't think the fire blast Todoroki used on him actually Building level but that's a separate issue.

Simply put, I don't think Izuku's 5% attack scales to Building level.

EDIT: I also see no need to directly scale the majority of students to Tokoyami's durability feat unless it can be proven that they're comparable, rather than just saying they're all students in the same class. Tokoyami may have had no indications that he is physically impressive in the class but no one has suggested he is weak either.

0.80 tons is the casual energy of his fire, the attack that Todoroki used against the stain is much stronger.

> If you want to use Multipliers, why not use them on Deku's actual feat you calced when he was at 8%?

That calc is useless since there are better feats.

I'm not saying that all students scale, only the most obvious ones.

If Todoroki's fire usage can already vary from Building level to City Block level, then I see no reason why the attack he used against Stain cannot be something more reasonable like Small Building level.

I don't think the 0.80 tons calc is useful to get the energy of a typical fire attack from him; it is an offscreen feat performed over an unspecified amount of time. Something that doesn't necessarily relate to his quick burst of fire to finish off Stain. And I don't think Deku's 5% scales to Todoroki's 'casual fire usage'.

EDIT: The assumption that Todoroki's fire blast against Stain has to be much stronger than his 'casual fire usage' is another unfounded assumption.

Look at this way; a huge chunk of scaling currently rests on assuming that Todorki's fire blast that hit Stain is Building level. I would rather be conservative in our assumptions than just saying that the fire blast is Building level in order to upgrade a huge chunk of the verse.

And look at this way; you calced Bakugo's Stun Grenade to be 9-A+. Can you really say that Shinso punching Izuku in the face is 9-A+? Do those two feats really look comparable?

Back