• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why the energy would go to all spine but don't reflect in Thor face's like what happened with Captain's shield ?

He means the force that got amped (7-A) is spreading from the entire spire rather than spreading from the spot Thor hit. Cap's shield is a very small piece of vibranium in comparison and does not have the area to spread the force much. Plus if the spire reflects it directly back, why on earth is Thor hitting it and why was Sokovia busted?

I don't know, why the the damage don't reflect back to Cap's ? Even the director's don't know. But yeah, the ligthing bolt and the surface would still been hit even of the spire direct the hit to Thor.

The grammar in the last sentence did not really help but anyways...

Vibranium is a deus ex machina. It can reflect kinetic energy, amplify it, and be used to make balls that work as super EMPs among the many uses Black Panterns balls do (please don't make the obvious joke).

Whatever they did to the vibranium, it made the kinetic energy be amplified and spread all over Sokovia.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yeah no, the explosion was waaaay to wide for him to scale to anything good. He'd be lucky to have tanked a thousant of the power.
Can you calc the amount of energy he tanked tho?

So the attack is amped by the vibranium heat seal, there is an explosion that thor tanks as the island is destroyed, now we need to figure out how much energy he tanked from that explosion.

Luck100 said:
I don't know, why the the damage don't reflect back to Cap's ? Even the director's don't know. But yeah, the ligthing bolt and the surface would still been hit even of the spire direct the hit to Thor.
You see a flash of light, vibranium probably converted kinetic energy to light energy.

Vibranium absorbs energy and converts it to something else. For example Black Panther's suit probably converts it to potential energy to store kinetic energy.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Can't we just scale the explosion to the KE of Sokovia exploding or the fragmentation of Sokovia?
I think the issue is he doesn't tank the entire explosion. As for vibranuim, Im in agreement it's deus ex machina that does whatever the heck the writers need it to do to further the plot.

Well I agree vibranium's kind of a plot device at times but we can still kinda guess how it works based on real life science. As we all learned in primary/middle school energy cannot be created an destroyed. Vibranium seems to convert energy to something else. For example, when Cap blocks Thor in the Avengers, we see a flash of light probably indicating that the kinetic energy has been converted to light energy. Or for Black Panther's suit its properties are plausible. It can either use a chemical reaction to molecularly break down the energy to something else or use elastic compression to store it as potential energy.

Thats a nice theory overall but its just an interpretation the writers have never confirmed, probably so they don't ever have to worry about breaking their nonexistent rules in verse. Either way we need to try and calc the energy thor tanked from the explosion.

So what are the conclusions among the staff members here?

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Well I agree vibranium's kind of a plot device at times but we can still kinda guess how it works based on real life science. As we all learned in primary/middle school energy cannot be created an destroyed. Vibranium seems to convert energy to something else. For example, when Cap blocks Thor in the Avengers, we see a flash of light probably indicating that the kinetic energy has been converted to light energy. Or for Black Panther's suit its properties are plausible. It can either use a chemical reaction to molecularly break down the energy to something else or use elastic compression to store it as potential energy.
That's just a strech man.

We can not, in fact, gues the physics behind it. Because the guesses will lack any proof behind them. Keeping the "atomic action doubling back" in mind, it seems more plausable that the release of Thor's energy kept doubling back.

Creating energy out of nothing is hardly less scientifical than up and absorbing kinetic energy and making light so strong that rocks evaportate. THe molecules assumption is even more farfetched.

But if we know how long and wide the spine is, that might be calced. Until then, we should just downgrade them to the next best feat.

Newendigo said:
The 7-As will be downgrade. We gotta wait until someone calc the bare amount of energy that Thor withstood.
Okay. Thanks. I will unsubscribe then. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

Ulysses Klaue stole 0.25 tons of vibranium, which was the Vibranium sold to Ultron. Vibranium's density ranges from 2.58 to 2.68 g/cc as it is a third of the weight of steel.

Using the length and mass to find the remaining dimensions would make the pillar 0.209473507 meters in diameter, which is very clearly not the case.

I did my math wrong. The result would be 2.40672477235 cm in diameter.

Anyways, that's a surface area of 32889456.612313 meters2

...An energy release spread over all of that isn't giving much for the surface area of a human.

623790000(Tons of TNT)/32889456.612313m^2*1.14m^2~21.6 Tons of TNT (City Block level)

623790000(Tons of TNT)/2280.5575054645m^2*1.14m^2=311818.754 Tons of TNT (Large Town level)

If we are unable to find feats above 7-C, General Ross statement comparing Thor and Hulk to 30 Megaton nukes is evidence for 7-B.

It occurs to me that Thor's Wakanda Storm feat (formerly calced by spino) may be worth looking at.

This is mostly Spino's old calc word for word, just with new numbers and methods.

00:37, Thor creates a storm in the timespan of a jump.

Stretches all towards the horizon and covers the sky. It took 0.76 seconds for Thor to land from that height.

0.5*g*t^2

0.5*9.81*0.76^2 = 2.833128 m

Adding 1.9 m to account Thor's height, so 4.733128 m. Then deduct 10 cm to account for the distance between Thor's head and his eyes. 4.723128 m, so horizon is 7.8 km.

Clouds appear to be cumulonimbus.

Using C.A.P.E.

Assuming strong instability.

Low End

pi*7800^2*8000*1.003 = 1.5336632e+12 kg

1.5336632e+12*4000=6.1346528e+15 joules or 1466182.0192 Tons of TNT (Small City level)

High End

pi*7800^2*11800*3*1.003 = 6.7864597e+12 kg

6.7864597e+12*4000=2.7145839e+16 joules or 6487855.521 Tons of TNT (City level)

Looking at other calcs, this is Thor's best storm feat, as the cloud radius is the highest here.

Edit: Did the math wrong, fixed it.

Yeah. I think that the neutron star feat should not be used, as Nidavellir is featless other than melting Uru and nearly killing Thor, both of which would simply scale to Thor himself. Neutron star temperature is simply to variable to choose one concrete temperature, and we do not know how much of Nidavellir's energy is actually concentrated in the beam.

But if we assume 600000 Kelvin (average temperature of a neutron star), and that the beam holds the same amount of energy per square meter as the rest of the surface of the star.

(5.67e-8*600000^4)*1.14*3.6477=3.0557092e+16 joules or 7303145.04177 Tons of TNT (City level)

Surprisingly consistent with the storm creation feat.

Dino W said:
Yeah. I think that the neutron star feat should not be used, as Nidavellir is featless other than melting Uru and nearly killing Thor, both of which would simply scale to Thor himself. Neutron star temperature is simply to variable to choose one concrete temperature, and we do not know how much of Nidavellir's energy is actually concentrated in the beam.
But if we assume 600000 Kelvin (average temperature of a neutron star), and that the beam holds the same amount of energy per square meter as the rest of the surface of the star.

(5.67e-8*600000^4)*1.14*3.6477=3.0557092e+16 joules or 7303145.04177 Tons of TNT (City level)

Surprisingly consistent with the storm creation feat.
There is another calculation by this dude and he got Mountain level as the end result

, https://youtu.be/OAX8t2bEvsA?t=420

Back