• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I thought you can't contact the writers on power and stuff like that.

Either way, he is still too busy and probably doesn't care about answering MCU stuff anymore due to the fact of how long ago that was

@Luck

Thor cracking the landmass is the only relevant part of that statement. Note how even your own statement separates the act of him only cracking Sokovia and the vibranium being able to damage Earth.

If a chain reaction is responsible for the destruction, Thor won't scale or does Luke's X-Wing or the Falcon scale to oneshotting a Death Star?

Poor example.

Friday says that Iron man needs to heat up the vibranium core to revert it's magnetic field, never to amp thedamage made by Thor (that would destroy the city too) so the feat still aply to Thor stats.

He does say that it would amp his attack. "Keep the atomic action doubling back." clearly refers to the attack being repeated over and over.

Point is, it is plain stated that without vibranium, Thor would only crack the thing.

"Keep the atomic action doubling back." is a very abstract concept and can be used to the vibranium core magnetic field over the city. For example the statement can be refered to revert the magnetic field of the city instead of just ampying the damage.

ummm, I don't know how your getting that interpretation, nothing in that sentence involves a magnetic field it seems to imply thors energy will repeatedly double back through the city destroying it. As he states thor just hitting it will crack the landmass on it's own leaving massive debris to crash into the world.

Except that doesn't matter.

It is first established that Thor on his own would only crack it (It will crack. That's not enough. The impact would still be devastating)

Then after the above quoted suggestion, it is said that it would vaporise the city (That could vaporize the city. And everyone on it.).

It is plain stated that Thor on his own would only crack the thing, and whatever the doubling entails, it allows him to vaporized the whole thing. Which means that the atomic doubling is what allows that to happen, hence he doesn't scale.

^ Also this, thors hit can only crack it on it's own, he can't vaporize the city and requires the heated vibranium core to accomplish that feat, he can't scale to it.

The pen or the sword said:
ummm, I don't know how your getting that interpretation, nothing in that sentence involves a magnetic field it seems to imply thors energy will repeatedly double back through the city destroying it. As he states thor just hitting it will crack the landmass on it's own leaving massive debris to crash into the world.
Avengers AoU Scrips :

"FRIDAY: The Vibranium core has got a magnetic field, that's what's keeping the rock together."

Avengers AoU Scrips too:

Tony Stark: The spire's Vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it...

FRIDAY: It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating.

Didn't Ultron and Vision are made from vibranium ? Crack vibranium would be mountain level too.

How does that help your case, thor can only crack the landmass on his own, he can't vaporize it without the heat sealed vibranium core ergo we can't scale his ap to the destruction of the city beyond him normally cracking it.

Yep. all the tier 7's in the MCU scale to thor

They are now 100%%%%% fodder. Nice going Nasuverse fan

Sad thing is, is that there is nobody interesting in 7-C to fight. all the interesting characters in tier 7 are in 7-A.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Sad thing is, is that there is nobody interesting in 7-C to fight. all the interesting characters in tier 7 are in 7-A.
Alex mercer would like to know your locatio
I don't care about mercer, now I can't do Ben 10 VS Strange, Edelgard VS Strange, and MCU Iron man vs Godzilla (Take that back, there is some 7-C godzilla's)

Stark have two charges of 200 petawatts lasers of MCU (47 megatons) the energy come from the armor, when Thor striked stark went to 400% above baseline. I think this would give mountain+ because Stark hit Thor with that energy.

He didn't tank all the energy of it, the explosion happened within the vibranium spire while he was on top of the whole thing several meters above.

Um when did thor get hit by the energy? as wendigo pointed out he was several meters above the explosion...more we would have to calculate his surface area to figure out how much energy he was actually tanking.

Thor doesn't seem to be hit by the central explosio, we'd need to calc his surface area and his distance from the central explosion to figure out how much energy he actually tanks, more the whole scenes a bit difficult to sort out with the debris flying everywhere. Still could be a solid feat when calced.

Yeah no, the explosion was waaaay to wide for him to scale to anything good. He'd be lucky to have tanked a thousant of the power.

For record, there wasn't one singular explosion. The energy release happened all over the spine itself, which reduces the amount of energy he tanked massively.

No, he would not. This is not an explosion. This is his kinetic energy amplified and spread over the whole vibranium spine. Hence, the amount of kinetic energy released where he was is not remotely as much as all the kinetic energy, since it's absorbed and released equally from all sides of the vibranium.

It's the reason why hitting the vibranium was first proposed, the amping of his attack came in later.

Gonna call more knowledged members cus some of the users I called were uninterested as the thread is confusing from top to bottom.

Back