• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hold on, made an error in my neutron star calc.

(5.67e-8*600000^4)*1.14=8.3770848e+15 joules or 2002123.2672 Tons of TNT (Small City level)

Dino W said:
Yeah. I think that the neutron star feat should not be used, as Nidavellir is featless other than melting Uru and nearly killing Thor, both of which would simply scale to Thor himself.
Excuse me but ugh

what

Why are we spontanously deciding a calc with solid measurements approved by several calc group members is obviously inflated because

whatever the above logic is

DMUA said:
Excuse me but ugh

what

Why are we spontanously deciding a calc with solid measurements approved by several calc group members is obviously inflated because

whatever the above logic is
I assume its due to the greatly varied nature of nuetron stars, the older they get the cooler they are and the nuetron star presented in the movie is supposedly rather old. Beyond that not sure sorta spaced out on this thread a bit.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Plus the whole heat revisions.
You mean the one that concluded at "No we aren't getting 20 different types of durability that's dumb"

I'm pretty sure that did not disregard the idea of simply giving resistance to heat instead of scaling heat to resistance to kinetic energy.

It acknowledges that heat and KE can be two different things but for simplicity, we should treat durability as the same sort of thing

Show me Thor tanking massive heat attacks yet going down to much less significant blunt impacts and maybe, but otherwise the calc is fine

Though I guess if heat is actually inflated that's another ordeal

I mean, if you want him taking high temps but getting riggity rekt by physical blows, there is literally every feat Thor has in the MCU. He takes the neutron star and Surtur's flamethrower but gets pwned by Thanos, an angry Hulk, Ultron slapping him, Loki and pointy stuff, Kurse throwing hands (and rocks) etc. None of these guys have feats anywhere close to the neutron star so why would we scale the first 2 (and what seems to be the rest of them) up to it rather than say Thor can handle X force and Y temp?

If I understand the issue correctly the value used in that calc would be a nuetron star a few years after forming, the nuetron star presented in the movie is at least 6500 years old just going off the age of mjolnir and as I doubt the creation of the forge around the star conincided with the hammers creation it should be older still.

AnonymousBlank said:
I mean, if you want him taking high temps but getting riggity rekt by physical blows, there is literally every feat Thor has in the MCU. He takes the neutron star and Surtur's flamethrower but gets pwned by Thanos, an angry Hulk, Ultron slapping him, Loki and pointy stuff, Kurse throwing hands (and rocks) etc. None of these guys have feats anywhere close to the neutron star so why would we scale the first 2 (and what seems to be the rest of them) up to it rather than say Thor can handle X force and Y temp?

Didn't Thanos crush the tesseract ?

And Surtur have mentions to burn planets ... the wikia don't consider that's mentions but I don't get why Thanos feat was ignored.

The pen or the sword said:
Does the tesseract have any significant durability feats that makes thanos crushing it overly impressive?
Well, Banner said in Avengers :

"BANNER : He's got to heat the cube to a hundredand twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier."

Thanos crushing the Tesseract was calced at High 6-B IIRC. But was disregarded because the Neutron Star calc was recalced at Low 6-B and Thor nearly died from it, by this making the feat and outlier.

Then again we are supposedly turning all heat-based feats to purely resistance, so we may get Large Contry MCU back.

Well, I already said that the nidavellir feats can't be only city by temperature because the tesseract feat being far above the neutron star low ball.

So country level still consistence by that logic.

Considering the feat is even higher then the neutron star feats current high ball (The star is to old to be at the temperature the calc uses), the city busting feat and afaik nothing else in the entire mcu comes close to high 6b, seems like an outlier. Especially as thor couldn't do more then crack the city without the vibranuim heat sealed core. (Also could somone link the calc for the breaking of the tesseract?)

The pen or the sword said:
Considering the feat is even higher then the neutron star feats current high ball (The star is to old to be at the temperature the calc uses), the city busting feat and afaik nothing else in the entire mcu comes close to high 6b, seems like an outlier.(Also could somone link the calc?)

There are dozens of feast and consistency power scaling too high 6-b, but many people want to nerf MCU because like other verse more or whatever others reasons.

You want some MCU feats and mentions who are above high 6B ?

- Base Thor and Loki getting rammed in the Bifrost at MFTL speed.

- Odin creating star more than one time.

- MCU Ego itself and his expansion.

- Infinity Stones.

- Statemen (ship) flying thougth a neutron star inside a wormhole and fauce bending its metal ...

And few more not worth to mention.

Only infinity stone with anything close to high 6b was the power stone to my knowledge and we can't scale anything to it as it took some time to actual accomplish it's destructive feat, the rest of the stones are nothing more then hax.

Ego's expansion was again overtime and didn't involve much in the way of destruction, he was going to grow across the cosmos not much of an ap feat. especially as he had to go across the universe and spread bits and peices of himself everywhere, even more his expansion was only possible after he created another being to help him spread. Ie it was impossible under his own power. Even as a planet he didn't do much that was overly impressive to my knowledge.

Id need to see a clac for the bifrost impact to make anything of it.

Odin created stars? Sounds like a solid feat! How long did it take? How did he do it? Should have that calced.

Don't know enough about the last feat to comment.

Odin creating stars would be an outlier.

Bifrost is more of a teleportation technique than an amp for, and getting rammed MFTL would get stuped results as hitting someone at light speed would be High 3-A alone.

The rest is wrong for reasons that have been explained hundreds of times.

Drop the subject.

Newendigo said:
The rest is wrong for reasons that have been explained hundreds of times.

Drop the subject.

I never see the fauce's feat being explained, only ignored for none reason like Dr.strange transforming the infinity stone in "a star".

The Statesman flying through a wormhole would have to withstand the gravity of the neutron star I guess, but I'm not sure how we would get an energy value out of that. We don't know how far the Statesman is from the neutron star. It is mentioned to be a "collapsing" neutron star, which could mean it's a quark star or maybe even black hole? But that seems dubious, and I really have no idea how to quantify that feat, nor does anyone scale to it other than Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

AnonymousBlank said:
Only thing is though that only 2 of those 6 characters harmed awakened Thor. The ONLY Characters who harmed awakened Thor were Thanos, Hulk, and Hela. For Ultron and Kurse, it seems like they warrant a downgrade due to inconsistencies, not try to remove tier 6 from the MCU

And Awakened Thor is irrelevant. Base Thor performed the neutron star feat so all of those guys are applicable as anti-feats. The only thing Awakened Thor performed was the Wakanda storm.

We currently scale Surtur to 7-A for fighting Mjolnir Thor but then a few minutes later we have 7-A Thor (weaker than against Surtur) clapping calm Hulk who is apparently Tier 6, gets angry and beats up Thor before lightning mode shows up where he wrecks ass. Unless that rage amp lets him jump tiers, we have issues with the current scaling.

Hulk (Tier 6) < Sakaar Thor (Tier 7) < angry Hulk (Tier 6) < Awakened Thor (Tier 6)

Someone is gonna have to point me to the part of the movie where he magically gets stronger in base because lightning mode is not it. Even before getting it, he was able to harm Hela and take hits from her in base which would put her at 7-A cuz he is weaker than Mjolnir Thor. Please don't bother bringing up Gungnir cuz that only makes King Loki and Thor 1 Tier 6 and I am sure no one wants to pull that pin. It also ends up with Base Thor scaling to what I have been saying, just in a different tier, which makes everything I said before applicable as anti-feats.

Nope. Nothing suggests anyone gets stronger aside from lightning mode and rage amp which would both still be within whatever tier the base was in.

I think we decided that everything after Thor: Ragnarok counts as Awakened Thor. Since "Awakened Thor" is basically after he realises his true power. He doesn't have to go lightning mode or something.

I still don't get the 7-A downgrade, I mean didn't Prime Surtur destroying Asgard calc at High 6-C as well as Hela in her weakest state casually crushing Mjolnir calc at High 6-C?

Back