• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
DMUA@ I was talking to Blue where the fack did you came from?

Ah, we have Thor weather featsss... I think of them is 7-B.

Newendigo said:
DMUA@ I was talking to Blue where the fack did you came from?
The darkness in your soul

That said, where is the lightning calc? I swear if it's lightning math I'm going to stab someone

"This storm clearly didn't cover all of Manhattan, there's a blue sky around it not even a few hundred meters away from where Thor is."

Kep kinda has me covered

Newendigo said:
Tier 7 I will miss you.

Getting hammered to Tier 8 fodder.
They'd still be solidly high in Tier 8 thanks to Thor creating tornadoes, him busting that ice and Hulk sinking an ice shelf

The problem with the KE calc is:

1- Thor's attack was amped and we should use fragmentation. This has been elaborated upon already. Destruction calculations takes priority over KE calculations anyway.

2- It is arbitrary. The city was constantly being accelerated by the gravity engines up till it is capable of extinction-level impact. If Thor waited until the city is faster, and delivered the exact same amped AP, could the city potentially tank the AP just because it is moving faster downwards?

That's only in the case where the thing hitting it is moving at a certain speed yet the damage is way lower. In this case, Thor is hitting it and it's exploding so forcefully that the pieces are sent flying at 7-A speed.

Not really, but the work Thor is putting into it would have less of an effect on the pieces

Either way, what was the 7-C feat from earlier? And, that ice shelf feat on Hulk's part could be something.

KE doesn't matter because Thor's attack was massively amped. Other discussion about it isn't really that important for this.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
The problem with the KE calc is:
1- Thor's attack was amped and we should use fragmentation. This has been elaborated upon already. Destruction calculations takes priority over KE calculations anyway.

2- It is arbitrary. The city was constantly being accelerated by the gravity engines up till it is capable of extinction-level impact. If Thor waited until the city is faster, and delivered the exact same amped AP, could the city potentially tank the AP just because it is moving faster downwards?
1.Fragmentation is Thor destroying the rock, the KE is in addition because that shows how hard Thor wacked it. About amping, we can do a Tier 7 when amped or something like that

2. No. That would be a question if Thor was wacking in an opposite direction. That was elaborated on already

About the when amped thing we couldn't really give thor a tier based off it, thor doesn't carry a super heated core of vibranuim around with him, we can't really use his amped feat for anything, it will never be relevant to his fighting/combat feats as it's explictly done with outside help/equipment that isn't combat applicable.

Why would we say he is 7-A when amped when he isn't getting amped but the specific strike is? I really doubt any match will allow a giant stick of vibranium to be shoved through his opponent Vlad style and Tony swoops by to make a heat seal.

Thor was stated to only be able to crack Sokovia. Nothing else is in the scene is relevant to his tiering. The KE of the debris cant count towards his AP as that is also a result of the energy "doubling back".

Wasn't it that how Iron Man heating up the vibranium helped soften the vibranium which helped thor break it.

Also then, if this isn't applicable then we have to remove the whole sokovia feat and put them as tier 8 fodder. OOF

Edit: Tier 7 fodder OOF.

There was a argument that the vibranium was not used to Amp Thor's attack, but to spread it over. Because Thor could only crack the city due to his small range, the spire was used in tandem to widen his AoE.

But Vibranium don't amplify the damage only throw the damage back.

In AoU script Friday says that Thor can crack the city but the magnetic field of the vibranium core would still damage the earth.

Atomic action doubling back is a chain of events not a energy amping thing. Thor still mountain level by calc.

@Newendigo

Tony literally states the heat seal will keep the "atomic action doubling back". This isn't spreading his attack and giving him AOE, this is blatantly saying that the force of his attack will keep repeating to destroy the landmass.

@Luck

Thor cracking the landmass is the only relevant part of that statement. Note how even your own statement separates the act of him only cracking Sokovia and the vibranium being able to damage Earth.

If a chain reaction is responsible for the destruction, Thor won't scale or does Luke's X-Wing or the Falcon scale to oneshotting a Death Star?

I agree with the Sokovia stuff, and I've actually been thinking this for a while now.

"anti-gravity technology is not out of the questio". This is neither shown nor implied by the movie. You would actually have to prove this, especially since none of these vents are opened when he moves it.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Tanking the core of the sun has been calculated to be at Tier 8 (and Thor got charred to near death by the inferior neutron star). Of course, more often than not fiction is very... flexible when it comes to heat durability and damage, so it would be more of a feat for stars in the MCU than it is a feat for Thor, and practically we can only scale the neutron star's AP based on how hyped up it is.
Thor wasn't dipped in the core of a star, he withstood the energy of Nidavellir as it was being magnified through what's essentially a Dyson's sphere. This isn't to say I agree with the original calc, however, just it's not Tier 8.

The reference in the film is different, no? He says he put a bullet in his mouth and Hulk spit it back, while on the scene he turns before he even fires or points the gun, iirc.

Still tho the scenes in the official novelisation and it seems to be considered as canon

IF we can't use it we still have 8-A+ for Thor creating tornadoes and having his own glacier feat

I think there are way too many arguments going on and it's getting very confusing.

Based on what I understand, if Thor busting Sokovia was indeed an amped feat, it should not be used. Efforts now should be finding another feat he can scale to.

As for the neutron star feat, I have no opinion, considering I'm still in the dark when it comes to heat feats due to Dargoo's revision thread.

Ano@ I will try to look for the meanings of heat seal (I know it mainly refers to sealing plastics).

We could also try to ask the writers of the film.

Back