• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Laurence And Ludwig Upgrade or Amygdala Durability reason change

So in the Amygdala Profile, The reason for Their durability Being Large Star Level is They can take Multiple hits from a call Beyond

However 2 OTHER BOSSES who can take Hits from A call beyond

Laurence And Ludwig Are just ranked as Building level

So ether Amygdala's Durbility reasoning needs to be changed OR Laurence and ludwig Should be upgraded for pulling the exact same durability feat

Can't Martyr Logarius tank it too ? Beside you're supposed to fight him after killed Imposter Iosefka.

Two words: Game mechanics. If they couldnt tank it then you would just be able to sweep every non-Great One boss, they're able to survive it because it provides gameplay, but lore-wise they wouldnt be able to

WeeklyBattles said:
Two words: Game mechanics. If they couldnt tank it then you would just be able to sweep every non-Great One boss, they're able to survive it because it provides gameplay, but lore-wise they wouldnt be able to
Isn't laurence implied to be able to kill gehrman though?

With this "Oh, Laurence... Master Willem... Somebody help me... Unshackle me please, anybody... I've had enough of this dream... The night blocks all sight... Oh, somebody, please... " - this Should Impliy that Laurence is just as strong as Gehrman Because More or less the only way to unshackle Gehrman Is to kill him or at least the only way we know

Also If it was Gameplay mechanics THEN you really still should Edit Amgydala's Durability reasoning

Not really. He's essentially begging his former acquaintances to help him, despite Laurence having been transformed into a Cleric Beast and Willem being confined to a wheelchair not being able to do much besides point and sigh. Plus, he says this in his sleep, so he could very well just be having a dream about them.

That I can do

(this is just light musings not actually a counter argument)

Though I Would like to know if Laurence was still in bergenwarth About the time the whole Kos Fiasco went down

IE the implied incident (and confirmed in the Old hunters stratagy guide If i recall correctly I'm gonna have to buy that in order to make sure)

Where the hunters slaughtered kos Leaving the Orphan of kos behind (or taking it Because sketchy Lore

IS sketchy)

Mainly because You know that Should actually mean Laurence would be upgraded

Unless something else is flawed with that *Shrugs*

No, he wasn't in Brygenwerth, he and Willem had a falling out regarding the Old Blood, so Laurence left to establish the Healing Church. But Laurence wasn't a Hunter, he was a Vicar, he didn't kill he healed, or at least tried to...

OK fair enough

Also Real quick quesiton that's off topic to the thread But i feel like if i don't ask this now I'll never get a chance to ask this again

Why does everyone after Rom (And rom her self) Scale to The Moon presence's Sub relativistic Feat

Gehrman I can understand Heck i can even understand for mergo's wetnurse But everybody else I really don't

Just curious, but why does a having access to a Call Beyond, alter the character's physical attacks? Even if A Call Beyond is Star Level, which I have trouble imagining, why do their sword slashes and gunshots become star level as well?

To elaborate, I don't have trouble imagining that A Call Beyond relates to the stars and cosmic events. I have trouble imagining that the attack used in the game possesses Star Level energies.

Like Superman in the BvS movie, absorbs solar radiation, but at least in that Movie he isn't actually Star level. You can get your power from a source but only channel a fraction of it, rather than actually be that strong, right?

Edit: sorry for threads confused for a call from beyond The ritual Litterally BUSTS A STAR unless you wanna try and argue it Grabs power from a random star explosion (which I highly doubt considering it's unlikely a star explodes every time a call from beyond is used) Because the proper translation is iirc (small explosion of a star) not a (small star explosion)

Right, but how does magically creating a star, or destroying a star translate to, I can now punch with all of the energy of a star?

I mean these are typically rituals, right? If they could casually just output star level energies, what is even the point of the rituals in the first place? Not to mention, why are there even wars and conflicts if the star level beings could life wipe the planet in one go.

RageComment said:
Right, but how does magically creating a star, or destroying a star translate to, I can now punch with all of the energy of a star?
Because they can TANK the resulting explosion of said ritual and hurt each other

As for why are there wars if a star level being can wipe out the planet 3 words

PLOT INDUCED STUPIDITY

Weird, for such a rich and well thought out Lore... you'd think the Souls team would avoid things that make their entire verse PIS.

There's more PIS then you'd think For example Why wouldn't everybody Like say Pontiff solvon go around Destroying bonfires if they knew that was the only way Undead can respawn. Why do Confirmed undead Bot respawn at a bonfire.

Simaler questions for Bloodborne Heck Why doesn't the moon presents spam the move that pervents you from healing

or heck Why doesn't every great one Just mind Hax you to death

The first one could be PIS or ignorance/arrogance/lack of knowledge. The characters may not know where or exactly how things all work.

The Moon Presence's move could have a cooldown for it.

And Mind Hax might have a cool down, the protagonist have resistance to mind hax, or mind hax may have limitations like not being able to affect certain kinds of people or only work on people a limited amount of times.

These don't have to be actual canon, reasonings for things, but at least they provide examples of ways to avoid things being directly PIS. Star Level characters has no explaination, just RIP logic and reason for the franchise.

RageComment said:
Characters that can survive ACB can be hurt by The Hunter's physical strikes. As for gunshots and tiny bits of star matter hitting with the force of a star bust: that simply comes down to game balance. Guns are essential to the visceral attack mechanic, and ACB would be worth total ass if it only dealt Building level damage in the end-game

Back