• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The official art book of Doctor strange (a book that talk about the visual effects) says the weapons Zealots use are made by shattering space/time that cut/warp space. Ie High 3-A attack potency. Upgrade to stranges magic shield too.

MCU Dormammu is 11 dimensional. Or "many many more than 4" dimensional according to the book. Iirc the quotes are from feige and the visual team so the book is legit.

Cutting space-time =/= High 3-A, it's hax unless the scale is really massive ("sizable portion of the continuum" kind of massive)

I agree with the rest. Shattering space time is unquantifiable in a general sense. And it will probably be best if we can see the scans as they are.

8Kepekley23 said:
There is a vague statement in the artbook that talks about "imagine the dimension you and I live in, then a multitude of other dimensions" with a picture of Dormmamu's universe in the back. I'm, like, 55% sure he is talking about that. I have a scan of it.
Nope its not that

Am i the only one to think Keplekely's evidence was legible? I mean i could read it which helps. As for the upgrade i disagree, this is a massive outlier if true and likely hyperbole in general.

So, the Zealots can shatter Space/Time and wave that around as weapons.

We know that they can bypass physical matter as they stabbed Strange and it didn't "Cut" him or his clothes, only rhe intended Target. It is hax, I'd say it's similar to Bleach's W Sternritter in a sense.

Dark649 said:
The Everlasting said:
Seems like it was just a planned idea, and Dorammu is not that in the actual movie.
Ever is right.
Nope. He was planned to be 11 dimensional but he has 'many more than 4 dimensions' still. Thats still at least 1C they even talk about how they visualized higher dimensions in 3d

@Pancake

That's not what Ryan said at all.

"When we originally talked about Dormammu, we talked about him possibly being an eleven-dimensional being. So instead of existing in four dimensions, like we do, he exists in many, many more"

He is simply explaining what being "eleven-dimensional" means to a layman.

Furthermore, they were trying to figure out how Dormammu's higher-dimensionality would tie in with the zealots's astral form, but ended up scrapping the idea of the Zealots being higher-dimensional at all, so they probably scrapped Dormammu being 11-D, too:

"We tried to think how that translates into a visual tie-in wit the zealots. One idea was maybe they don't necessarily hold a three-dimensional form. This led us to places in movement where their faces could bend or twist, or there would be a visual paradox that looked like a face--but when you see it from a different angle, it would turn into something radically different."

"We thought about their astral forms being different than their physical forms, but ultimately realized that would be too complicated," Scott Derrickson said. 'We were already dealing with such complex realities and dimensions to give those characters different astral bodies in an alternate dimension was probably going to be confusing. So we decided to keep whatever their normal look was in the real world. Much like Strange, the physical and astral form would be the same."

Also, Dormammu was affected by time-stop, despite the fact that he would have immeasurable speed if he was 11-D.

Back