• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Dragon Ball (pre-Z) upgrade revolving around Kami

Like I said, Saiyan Saga, not Raditz Saga

Pre-Z PL don't scale well linearly with Z levels. If we took Pilaf Saga Goku rated as a PL of 10 in Daizenshuu 7, then he would be 3% planet level, which he's not.

We need to establish where Power levels are actually linearly scaled.

Doesn't mean Pre-Z isn't vastly underrated. Piccolo hadn't even started his own training when he busted the moon, so I find it hard to believe he's much above the 322. There's also the fact the blast is just a quick and simple ki blast and wouldn't have the same amplification something like the Kamehameha would have (or the 5-minute charge time Special Beam Cannon). 910 isn't much different than 924 and I'm pretty sure a casual blast from Piccolo wouldn't rate that high.

King Piccolo is most likely at least High 6-B by statement, yet he's rated 7-B from a quick, basic ki blast that is proclaimed on his page as his strongest attack (it's like whoever calculated it didn't even look at the context behind the feat).

Piccolo specifies West City (Metro West is another translation, I believe, like Freeza), likely meaning he's referring to the capital cities of each region rather than the actual countries. His strongest attack did only destroy the city when he was explicitly trying to kill Goku with it, with the second blast doing way less damage as well, so I think this assumption is reasonable.

• Like in "Figure 1," the political and economical functions are concentrated in big cities like the Western Capital, or the royal city, the Central Capital, and thus does not extend into the rural areas. Because of this, the economic differences between the urban and rural areas is extremely large, so there are big cities lined with high-rise buildings, while at the same time, there are regions that are wrought with drought, like Namu's village, and lack water for everyday use. - Daizenshuu 7.
Also, Piccolo's weighted power level at the time was 329. So you're right about him not being much stronger.

Goku, trained by Kami for 3 years to face Piccolo Jr., gets 70,000 times stronger.

Goku, training in the woods by himself for 5 years, gets 8,491,532,368 times stronger.

I'm just saying...logically it doesn't make sense. {Never mind. It's a manga, therefore logic need not apply}.

[Even if Goku/Piccolo were just rated Moon level, that's still 4,233,816 times stronger]

Wouldn't be the only time the series made an astronomical jump. in Super, Goku went from Solar System level to Universe level because he held hands with his friends.

We aren't saying that jumps don't happen, we are just saying that using the linear scale of the power levels are more era specific. For example, Goku got 50x stronger with SSJ in the Frieza saga era, but he's not 375x stronger than his Saiyan Saga era.

I assume it's a no, since apparently Piccolo casually busting the moon with a PL of 329 [weighted, instantaneous, casual nameless blast] is apparently greater than Goku's Super Kamehameha during the Piccolo Jr. Saga that had a PL of 910 (which isn't much different than Goku's Kamehameha vs Raditz that had a PL of 924).

[Goku should be able to put out a regular Kamehameha of at least PL 577 during the Piccolo Jr. Saga, assuming he got no stronger after the King Piccolo Saga and his Kamehameha gives roughly the same ki amplification of 2.22 as the Raditz Saga Kamehameha. (Even if it's just double, that's still 520, and that's assuming he literally got no stronger after training for three years with Kami)]

[Apologies for the salt, but the logic doesn't make sense to me...I guess they don't accept Weekly Jump #31, 1991 or Daizenshuu 7 as reliable sources?].

@Firestorm

Can you or some other experienced member summarise what the staff conclusions are here please? I do not remember.

ByAsura's evaluation is probably fine, if the other staff members here find it acceptable.

Back