• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Base Eggman speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Withersoul 235 said:
Agreed, not to mention he constantly outruns Sonic in the Classic Games.
Also Classic Sonic kept up with Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations and Sonic Forces as well.

We're not scaling Classic Sonic to Modern Sonic; Modern Sonic wasn't running at full speed whenever they were running together. As for Eggman scaling to Classic Sonic, I'm not sure, but I do have a feeling that it was discussed multiple times and the staff considered Eggman outrunning Classic Sonic to be PIS.

Classic Sonic does not scale to Modern Sonic. For Eggman it clearly is since the developers and the twitter page makes fun of Eggman keeping up with Sonic, they don't consider it as serious thing.

@Dark649 I'm neutral about my opinion and here's what I have to mention about this:

Well...the thing is that there are certain profiles here that relies on non-serious feats in scaling, so using this logic, all of said profiles would have already been downgraded because of that.

Another thing is that even though that certain feats may not be considered serious, it doesn't mean its automatically a contradication either.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We're not scaling Classic Sonic to Modern Sonic; Modern Sonic wasn't running at full speed whenever they were running together. As for Eggman scaling to Classic Sonic, I'm not sure, but I do have a feeling that it was discussed multiple times and the staff considered Eggman outrunning Classic Sonic to be PIS.
How do you even know that Sonic wasn't running at full speed?

Assuming without proof is a fallacy and Sonic in Sonic Lost World was running as fast as he can from danger. Why would he slow down and allow his enemies to catch up to hurt him?

Eggman outrunning Sonic is PIS and game mechanics. He's programmed to always outrun Sonic no matter what, even if you somehow get Sonic to transform into Super Sonic he still can't catch up to Eggman because of the way the game is programmed.

Edit: I just assumed this was using the classic games as evidence, not Lost World. Oops. Anyway Sonic is clearly not running as fast as he can in the clip, the speed he's moving in that scene is barely peak human.

@Dark649

"Sonic was also running very casual when Eggman was walking."

Besides it being considered "just a game mechanic," this is fiction after all and it's not really surprising how that's possible.

Eggman is consistently portrayed as a superhuman yes, but him keeping up with Sonic should be only via vehicles and not normally.

Dark649 said:
Eggman is consistently portrayed as a superhuman yes, but him keeping up with Sonic should be only via vehicles and not normally.
You may have a good point that when you mention it that way.

Dark649 said:
Have you ever thought that Eggman prefers to use vehicles to keep up with Sonic than to just run.

Why disregard a FTL running feat for Eggman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back