• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible ability for Future Zamasu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agreed, it's also strongly implied by Beerus statement that Zamasu should be already dead (as seen from Beerus reassurance) but he's still alive which surprises Goku and co.

Let's wait for next week for offiicial confirmation, but I believe this could be acausality

I agree.

It's supported by how certain Beerus was that he'd be dead in the future, too, and the special circumstances surrounding Gods killing Gods.

I suppose that this makes sense, but it is probably best to wait and see.

I don't get how. In Dragon Ball, future timelines are unaffected by the events of past timelines. We'd have to give Cell acausality as well. And yes, I realize Beerus' statement that was made, but that line might just be bad writing.

@Meleenium

Zamasu functions differently in that his future self is not an alternate version of him.

Im gonna take a guess but couldnt it have been Zamasu wasnt killed by Beerus and in the future he simply just regenerated or reformed? From what im told, Zamasu is completely immortal due to the Super Dragon Balls and even if Beerus "killed Zamasu, there's a chance Zamasu was able to still live and then reform somehow in the future, making this only Zamasu regenerating between the time of the future and Beerus destroying him.

Type 4 Immortality is immortality granted and protected by gods and it cant be overided unless by a god more powerful or of greater stature.

Zamasu's immortality was granted by the Super Dragon Balls Super Shenron and theres absolutely nothing as of yet that says Beerus is either stronger or weaker than him. So what's stopping us from claiming Zamasu lived in the future because Super Shenron protected him from getting killed by Beerus?

i think he is acasual but more info will be needed so let's see what episode 60 says

I don't know if Zamasu fully qualifies. I mean, by definition, he most certaintly has some ground to stand on as his immortality is granted by a god said to be omnipotent. Therefore, it would take something of equal or greater power to override that.

However, we know that in Dragonball that thing you do in the past result in something akin to an alternate time-line.

For example:

Cell was killed in the past as an embryo but shows up in F!Trunks time.

Dabura was killed in the past but also shows up in F!Trunks time.

The Androids were absorbed by Cell and then became good in the past but in F!Trunks time, they were still evil and had still ruined the planet.

Nothing that happens in Goku's time affects F!Trunks'.

We need more details.

It was stated that gods are different, and implied that Future Zamasu should have been killed by Beerus killing his past self.

Unlikely. He just didn't die. We'll see the specifics later.

Exactly. I wont go as far as to say he's omnipotent but its very likely that Super Shenron's immortality he gave to Zamasu was able to make him survive or revive somehow from Beerus"killing" him.

Promestein said:
I agree.
It's supported by how certain Beerus was that he'd be dead in the future, too, and the special circumstances surrounding Gods killing Gods.
Beerus is still overconfident and might just insist so for his pride, but we should wait.

BruceTheBatman said:
Promestein said:
I agree.
Beerus is still overconfident and might just insist so for his pride, but we should wait.
Then Whis would said something,but Whis agreed with beerus

Sylar77 said:
Whis isn't omniscient, he might not know about what Future Trunks is talking about since all he's seen of their past adventures was the namek saga.

Lets just wait for the next episode, although at the moment, its pretty likely Zamasu is acasual.

Well it is really hard to said there as much to my knowledge of alternate timelines. The possibility outcome is that either that Zamasu is actually acasual or it is possible in that timeline where future Zamasu came from is where that timeline have Future Beerus was killed thanks to the Future Supreme Kai being killed in that alternate timeline. Didn't Gowau mentioned each time a alternate timeline is created, a Time Ring appears?

SomebodyData said:
Lets just wait for the next episode, although at the moment, its pretty likely Zamasu is acasual.
Future Zamasu exists in a different timeline altogether, so I don't buy it.

But agreed.

BruceTheBatman said:
Sylar77 said:
Whis isn't omniscient, he might not know about what Future Trunks is talking about since all he's seen of their past adventures was the namek saga.
Now you are just ignorant.Whis knows pretty much everythinig about Beerus and he always either confirms about Beerus or says otherwise.

Given what we know I would outline it like this:

Statement #1: Changing the past creates alternate timelines. As such, killing Zamasu in the past would not erase F!Zamasu, as he exists in a different timeline.

Statement #2: According to Beerus, statement #1 does not apply to gods. He's entirely confident in that statement and no one (Whis) contradicited or even suggested that it could be wrong. Thus, statement #1 is overridden.

Statement #3: F!Zamasu has been granted immortality by a being who is said to have no limits to what it can do. The fact that F!Zamasu is still around despite the destruction of his past self would mean that his immortality is powerful enough that it prevents him from dieing via temporal shenaneigans. Thus, statement #2 is overriden.

I think it's safe to say that we could put Acasuality on F!Zamasu for now as the evidence point towards it. We should still however, wait and see and be ready to remove it.

I know we are waiting for the next episode for mor info but I was wondering does this go for Black Goku as well since killing Zamasu would stop his creation but he's still there with Future Zamasu just asking.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I know we are waiting for the next episode for mor info but I was wondering does this go for Black Goku as well since killing Zamasu would stop his creation but he's still there with Future Zamasu just asking.
As I see, it wouldn't. Black himsel is not immortal. The only reason that he still exists is because F!Zamasu's immortality ensures that he (F!Zamasu) is still alive in spite of the destruction of his past self and, thus, was still around to create him.

If it weren't for that, Black would be undone along with F!Zamasu. Basically, it boils down to circumstances. Black is still bound to casuality, he just got lucky in this case.

I still think that we should wait for an official explanation first.

RadicalMrR said:
So whats the verdict or should we wait some more?
We should wait. While we have some good evidence, we have no concrete explantion from the series. Better safe than sorry.

Agreed. We have to wait for a confirmation.

Just to be certain, what do we define as "confirmation" in this case?

Because Beerus mentions how Future Zamasu should be dead in episode 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back