• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Mid-Godly negation from DBS/SDBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so Genkidama users having Mid-Godly negation is pretty dumb.

Let's see in detail what is the justification on Future Trunks' page:

"Immortality Negation [Type 3] & Regeneration Negation [At least Mid-High, Possibly Mid-Godly] (Which nullifies[14] Fusion Zamasu's regeneration with Sword of Hope[15], who possibly possesses the immortality as Future Zamasu. But his immortality is being held back by Goku Black's body and it is unknown to what extent[14]. However, he was still able to regenerate from Future Trunks who slashed a large gash on his body and Vegito who perforated his body with his Spirit Sword attack[14]. Although his regeneration is less powerful than before due to having a partially mortal body he is said to be a "cheat" character[16], even amongst character such as Cell and Majin Buu)"

The entire justification says exactly why he shouldn't have Mid-Godly regen in the 1st place.

Gowasu literally says that Zamasu's immortality is weakened due to his immortal body being merged with a mortal one, and right because of this they have now a chance of winning against him, and is very funny that the imgur scan cut out exactly that part, because Gowasu essentially said that they can defeat Zamasu from just punching him hard enough, and Vegito even points this out as Zamasu now feels pain unlike his fully immortal self who didn't give a damn about being stabbed.

Plus it seems more a case of Genkidama just hitting so hard that it just negged the regen from AP alone, just like it happened with Kid Buu.

DragonBall3230771.webp

And the Daizenshuu even describes the Genkidama doing so mostly because of big AP, not really because of it having regeneration negging powers.

853b1c135dd7cab71803a41c7804fac460dc5411_hq.jpg
zr04aul.png

Aka, we got basically this:
  • Merged Zamasu's regen has literally 0 reasons to scale from his regular self in regen when is explicitly clear that his immortality sucks.
  • Genkidama was never hinted in the series to negate regen due to some hax, it just overpowered it through sheer AP like it happened many times in the series.
Aka Merged Zamasu's Regen should just be downgraded to Mid-High at best, and everyone who has the "Regen Negation" simply loses it.

Characters who are affected are:

Last edited:
I agree but disagree with SDBH Zamasu having Mid-High instead of Mid-Godly normally since he doesn't seem to have the same weakened regen if he can regenerate from history destruction.
I never said it never happened, but it did overtime, as story-wise that Zamasu is the same as the DBS anime one who came back after that Zeno erased him after god knows how much.

I think is too unreliable to instantly say is combat applicable, as it would contradict the CC timeline which is the same as the DBS one in terms of story.

Super Spirit Bomb > Super Vegito scaling?
What is exactly wrong with this? DB always worked in a way where the energy that was given to someone is always exponentially superior to both the giver and receiver.

Plus its completely irrelevant as everyone was pretty confident in Vegito killing Zamasu, they just didn't know about the shortnened Time Limit.

I disagree with with overtime for the same reasonings as Otta, its just headcanon that has been contradicted by him Regening very rather instantly in later fights. Nor was it even implied remotely in Heroes. as for the rest, eh I'll see what others think.

Didn't zamasu still say he was immortal, even after vegito said he's not anymore. So can we really say he didn't have mid godly after becoming fused? And why would the spirit sword be strong enough to kill zamasu with energy from a dead planet, a battered down goku and vegeta, and some kids? doesn't make a lot of sense to me. So SOH>Vegito??? Just because it doesn't specifically state it negates regeneration, doesn't mean it doesn't, and obviously kid buu regenerates from vapor and shit, so the spirit bomb was able to just wipe him out completely.

I feel like the rating should be “At Most” since his Regen didn’t lower however we don’t know the extent to the hindrance, but it seems like we have 4 staff agreeing, so no point in that.

The overtime rating for DBH Zamasu is blatantly wrong though, since there’s nothing suggesting it took as long as the OP is implying it did. We’ve seen his regen being fast and unlike the grotesque form that it’s being compared to the regeneration hasn’t been hindered. So using that to rate DBH Zamasu’s Regeneration rating is dishonest imo.

Also, tbf I was never really a big fan of the Spirit Bomb rating.

Didn't zamasu still say he was immortal, even after vegito said he's not anymore.
Nah, he started to make the speech of him purifying the universe with him crying and so on.
And why would the spirit sword be strong enough to kill zamasu with energy from a dead planet, a battered down goku and vegeta, and some kids? doesn't make a lot of sense to me. So SOH>Vegito???
The Genkidama was always as strong as the plot demanded to, so this sounds more argument from incredulity.

Plus, even Gowasu was sure of Vegito being able to kill Zamasu, he just didn't predict about the shortened time limit too.

Though we got 4 staff votes so heeeh.

I do agree that most of the time Spirit Bomb is as strong as plot demand, no way to gauge its power correctly.

Still, Fusion Zamasu still considered to be a cheat character so his regen should still be at least Mid-High, likely higher, logically he should still at least = Buu regen

Still, Fusion Zamasu still considered to be a cheat character so his regen should still be at least Mid-High, likely higher, logically he should still at least = Buu regen
I'd be hesistant for that, given that Majin Buu was basically almost unkillable from the main cast right coz of this regen, so I'd just put it "Mid-High, possibly higher" to play safe.

Can't edit Fusion Zamasu (DBS Anime) profile despite it is open lol, fandom prevent me from save the edit because it violate Term of Use???

I finish applying the revision to other unlocked profiles, what left is Fusion Zamasu and locked profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back