• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Porygon KE calc

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
This calc is assuming Porygon is SoL like the profile states. This is my first time attempting something like this, so I don't know how it will turn out.

First, I'll attempt to calculate Pory's acceleration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjLgt3ZAOA0 (Try the 7:18 mark)

The reason Porygon is supposedly SoL is because he can react to the pokeballs (supposedly those blue spheres) flying through the tube. It appears that a single ball can fly across the visible length of the tube in a quarter of a second, so roughly .25 seconds.

Running that through this online calculator, with his initial speed assuming to be zero and final speed being 186000 mps (Speed of Light), Porygon's acceleration is brought up to 1,197,351,936 meters per second.

http://www.smartconversion.com/unit_calculation/Acceleration_calculator.aspx

Running the acceleration through the KE formula, using 36.5 kg as Pory's mass (according to bulbapedia), and....

0.5 * 36.5 * 1197351936 ^ 2

• drum roll*
26164142770233803000 Joules. Putting Porygon at around Island level, I think. Let me know if I'm wrong.

So yeah, according to my calculations, Porygon would solo off most of the Touhouverse by spamming tackle.

I don't know if this calc is valid or not, but this seems like an outlier when Legendary Pokemon that should be much stronger than Porygon are weaker.

Also, I don't think Porygon would be able to do that, since most of Touhou is Island level or higher now.

@Prome Yeah, that's what I had in mind when I finished this calc. I knew they were going to be inflated, just not compared to some of the legendaries, as I had the creation and weather trios in mind. I forgot about the 7-A bird trio.

@Saikou @ Anto I didn't know I couldn't use SoL~ speeds for the KE formula, though. Thanks for correcting me. Is there a specific reason?

Relativity makes it so, by using accurate science, moving at Light Speed requires infinite energy. Which is of course a blatant outlier in ALL cases of FTL speed.

^Like Saiko said: in real physics, when something is moving at SoL the object mass is infinite, making the KE infinite. If we use that with all the characters whose speed is above SoL, all of them would be High 3-A

Back